Siggy to art Trade [warning: HUUUUGE siggy request] *update*

This is the place to request an avatar, get opinions on your signatures ... anything involving forum art!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US, Bloodsail Buccaneers Classic

Re: Siggy to art Trade [warning: HUUUUGE siggy request] *upd

Unread post by Serenith »

Qinni wrote:
Serenith wrote:
Qinni wrote:Pfft you both did a good job.

I do hate to give a little criticism but if I don't say it then nether of you wont get better! >.<

On yours Zele my purple spider and Pinchy came out a little odd but Lobo my spirit guide wolf came out great where Kuraine's came out alright but not as transparent as you can get it. My spiders legs seem to melt into Jin and Pinchy (I'm okay with the white color) just I'm trying to figure out whats causing the dark spot. Maybe its from my fox or corehound. You both got Pookie done very well since that was my first spirit beast and one of my important pets. Other then those small things its a very well done signature.

Your imperfections are beautiful in my eyes and each one shows your hard work and dedication.
For the "white" crab, that was the second time I tried to get him to look better, he just hates me. The dark spot is just transparency, and I think its Skarr's body that is actually causing it. As for the spiders... I'm not what sure you mean by melting... o.O
His little feet blend in with Maggy's skin color at the tips. I guess melting was the wrong word for it..*eats my melting ice cream*
I see, guess my eyes don't see that, but they are similar in color at parts.

Adorable avatar by the very talented Lupisdarkmoon! Thanks!

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

I started on your sketch, I'll post what I have tomorrow or sometime later. Really don't know what pose to put her in..
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

In an effort to fix the things that were bothering you I swapped the spiders positions so that the extremem contrast between blue and orange would keep Deth's legs from blending into Magria.
I hope Deth is dark enough to not blend into the purpleness of Gondria, but I think that helps. I also added a white circle behind Ghostcrawler's head to help with the black spot caused by transparency. It isn't perfect but its probably better than the "black" spot. I switched out Ankha's pose, cause I stopped liking the one I originally chose. And I also changed the background, and added a filter to it. Normally I wouldn't do that with a background but there is so many pets I think a more simple, less busy (the right side of the original was a bit crowded.) If you don't like the fixes you still have the other version. I think the fixes helped though.
qinnis-fix.png
qinnis-fix.png (311.71 KiB) Viewed 1656 times

Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Unread post by Kuraine »

Serenith that is BEAUTIFUL. <3 I loved the edited version especially, I don't really see the 'melt' either but I can see where Qinni was coming from - Deth'tilac's legs were a very similar colour to Magria which was causing it to almost blend into her. I can also understand that you spent like 5 hours on it, haha. It really drained me, trying to get everything to look right. As for the 'arch' mine has... it wasn't actually intended to be honest. It was something that just happened by itself and I noticed afterwards. I might have placed pets like that on purpose without me realising though, if you know what I mean.

And Karoma/The Spirit Guide honestly is a MASSIVE pain in the butt to get to look right. I have no idea why, when Arcturis and Ghostcrawler work just fine for me. The kitties do cause me some issues sometimes, but I managed to make them look okay in yours. But the wolf for some reason just hates my guts. That's the best looking I could get him without half of him not even being there. :/

Ex-WoW player since 24-09-11. It's time to move on now. GW2, here I come.
The Stables - 110 Mounts

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Kuraine wrote:Serenith that is BEAUTIFUL. <3 I loved the edited version especially, I don't really see the 'melt' either but I can see where Qinni was coming from - Deth'tilac's legs were a very similar colour to Magria which was causing it to almost blend into her. I can also understand that you spent like 5 hours on it, haha. It really drained me, trying to get everything to look right. As for the 'arch' mine has... it wasn't actually intended to be honest. It was something that just happened by itself and I noticed afterwards. I might have placed pets like that on purpose without me realising though, if you know what I mean.

And Karoma/The Spirit Guide honestly is a MASSIVE pain in the butt to get to look right. I have no idea why, when Arcturis and Ghostcrawler work just fine for me. The kitties do cause me some issues sometimes, but I managed to make them look okay in yours. But the wolf for some reason just hates my guts. That's the best looking I could get him without half of him not even being there. :/
He is a massive pain in general, but all three of them are a pain really for me. Arcturis has no rear end, Karoma is overly ghostly in a PNG format so I have to use a BMP and he comes out more solid, I just lower the opacity of his layer to help with it... and Ghostcrawler refuses to be his true color, he wants to be white. All three of them are best buddies, that like to sit around a table playing poker, laughing about how they made me go crazy trying to get them to look normal. The cats aren't perfect either, but they look better than them by far.

Kuraine
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood EU

Unread post by Kuraine »

Arcturis BARELY has a rear end in-game as well though! He seems to get more and more transparent as he goes down which, honestly, is something I kinda liked about him.

I'm really not sure why your Ghostcrawler comes out so white though... He comes out totally blue for me.

Ex-WoW player since 24-09-11. It's time to move on now. GW2, here I come.
The Stables - 110 Mounts

Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Me has no idea either, every time I try and change the background color it just looks weird. At least we know its him. Its close, but a bit more purpleish, which mighta been my fault in photoshop when I tried to burn his shadows/midtones so he wasn't overly white.

Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

Thanks, you didn't have to edit for me but thank you. C:
Serenith
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Yes I did :D it looks better nows too! *hugs*