Questions about WoW Model Viewer?

This is the place to request an avatar, get opinions on your signatures ... anything involving forum art!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Bithala
Realm: Shandris

Questions about WoW Model Viewer?

Unread post by Bithala »

I wanted to make my own signatures, so I downloaded WoW model viewer but so far, I'm having a lot of trouble and wondering if you guys could help. :cry:

First off, when I go to save a screenshot of my character it goes from this-

to this- directly as I save it. It saves this image, and not the previous one.

And also, when I go to save my screen shots, it saves to another user's files. I want it to go to my files, and I've searched everywhere and can't locate my files to save it in.

And lastly, when I equip a bow to my character, and select the animation "Attack Bow", it totally disregards the fact that it has a bow in its hand and just jankily shoots arrows out of an invisible bow while the bow is standing upright looking dumb.

If someone knows how I could possibly fix these problems, then I'd be really happy. Thanks! :D

Signature made by me!

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Questions about WoW Model Viewer?

Unread post by Wassa »

I've never used the "save screenshot" button. It's always been buggy to me. Instead, I used the print screen button on my keyboard and paste the image into an image program such as GIMP or photoshop and save it that way.

Make sure your bow is in the left hand of your character. Otherwise, it might be an animation bug with the version you are using, since I can't seem to produce this in my version of WMV.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Bithala

Unread post by Bithala »

Wassa wrote:I've never used the "save screenshot" button. It's always been buggy to me. Instead, I used the print screen button on my keyboard and paste the image into an image program such as GIMP or photoshop and save it that way.

Make sure your bow is in the left hand of your character. Otherwise, it might be an animation bug with the version you are using, since I can't seem to produce this in my version of WMV.
I'm pretty sure you just answered all my questions, thank you! :hug:

Signature made by me!

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

I also have a question about the Model Viewer. I hope it's ok if I just tag my question onto this thread rather than creating a new one?

It seems that ever since I updated my WMV (Firelands patch I believe was the last one), I've noticed that the eyes of all my Blood Elf models are now closed (meaning no pupils are visable) and I get nothing but black pits for eyes on my Scourge models whereas there used to be golden orbs in the eye sockets. Have you all experienced this and know if there is a way to correct it? It seems I've tried everything.

I've had this problem in the past but installing a newer updated version of WMV always solved the problem. Since there currently is no "newer" version for me to install at this time, I am unable to resort to my usual methods.

P.S.: I love how your signature turned out Bith. Do you take requests per chance?

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

For blood elves, under 'View' click on 'Show Model Control.' Unclick '1 [Hairstyles, 0]' to remove the eyelids.

I cannot find a fix for the Scourge. It looks like the eye glow isn't working on them since the death knight glow won't work either.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Wassa wrote:For blood elves, under 'View' click on 'Show Model Control.' Unclick '1 [Hairstyles, 0]' to remove the eyelids.

I cannot find a fix for the Scourge. It looks like the eye glow isn't working on them since the death knight glow won't work either.
Thank you Wassa. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Bithala

Unread post by Bithala »

Niabi wrote:I also have a question about the Model Viewer. I hope it's ok if I just tag my question onto this thread rather than creating a new one?

It seems that ever since I updated my WMV (Firelands patch I believe was the last one), I've noticed that the eyes of all my Blood Elf models are now closed (meaning no pupils are visable) and I get nothing but black pits for eyes on my Scourge models whereas there used to be golden orbs in the eye sockets. Have you all experienced this and know if there is a way to correct it? It seems I've tried everything.

I've had this problem in the past but installing a newer updated version of WMV always solved the problem. Since there currently is no "newer" version for me to install at this time, I am unable to resort to my usual methods.

P.S.: I love how your signature turned out Bith. Do you take requests per chance?
I've had that problem too. I think it's odd.

Oh thanks :D I don't take requests, but I think I would like to in the near future if people showed interest in my work. :?

Signature made by me!