Karin's Sigs and Avatars Business

This is the place to request an avatar, get opinions on your signatures ... anything involving forum art!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Bad Ash Realms

Karin's Sigs and Avatars Business

Unread post by Karin »

Due to work, I would only be able to create sigs for people when I can. Yet, I still want to do this.

What I do is what you can see on my sig; I create moving sigs by the combination of WoW Model Viewer and Adobe ImageReady. At WMV, most of the magic happens, and fortunately, there is an option to set how many layers the animation will run on as well as removing backgrounds. Since some animations end up using up so many layers, I usually have to set it down to a lot more than it used to. In ImageReady, it helps me to cram in so many animated models into one file as I can. The trick is make sure they all have the same amount of layers.

Anywho, my Sigs and Avatars is open for business. Any requests are accepted, if WMV can make them work right off the bat.

NOTE: Due to the fact I don't have Cataclysm and only patched up to 4.1.0 until I stopped for good, I cannot use any Cataclysm gear to dress your toons up with and WMV won't show pets beyond 4.1.0 even though their names are there. Good example are the newest spiders. I can work with a few alternatives like changing Olm's color to match Ban'thalos'.

EDIT: 4/26/2012: I found I CAN use Cata gear; just not any that was made after my current patch. I found this out just a few minutes ago when I started working on someone else's sig and their low-Cata gear got through to my WMV. It's my patch, people. If I can find the time, I can try to patch up to the current through WoW-wiki's stuff since my Cata launcher hates me.

4/28/2012: Great news! I was able to patch up to the latest, and now, I can see everything. From the glowing spiders to the 4.3 gear, everything is all good. So, whatever original requests you all had in mind when it came to any of that stuff, I can go back and create your sigs with that. With my patching, oddly enough, I already had the majority of the 13 gigabytes patching done; all that I needed was about 400 megs. That still took a couple hours.

5/15/2012: Well, I did try to find if there was a MoP Beta patch I can download which I will use to animate the new pets in sigs. Can't. It is wishful thinking, that's for sure. I would've been happy to animate a crane for someone.
Last edited by Karin on Tue May 15, 2012 11:11 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Karin's Sigs and Avatars Business

Unread post by Lisaara »

I'd love one of Jessibelle!

Link:http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... lle/simple
Armor: Just use the transmog. The armor, when you hover over it, tells what its transmogged into
Pets: Fin Fang Foom, Liam, Iroh, Anthriss, and Grimm
(If any of those don't work, lemme know! I can pick another pet)

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Karin »

Since I haven't played Cata, I am only very faintly familiar with transmog, although someone did explain to me what it is. I believe is it where you can make your current sets of gear or weapons to look like another set but still keep its current stats, am I correct?

So, regarding transmog, I guess what I am asking is you want me to pick out the pieces of gear for your toon that is really not what you're wearing? This does sound like a new thing I am gonna have fun with. :D

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

The armory shows what the gear's been transmogrified to in the picture. When you mouse over each piece, first it gives you the name of the piece that's actually being worn, then gives you the name of the piece it currently looks like below that.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

I have a question... would you be able to do spirit beasts such as Ban'thalos or any of the other spectral ones, or would you rather us stay with our solid pets? XD

Also, a max number of pets? Just more of curiosity than anything. Not wanting to give you a terribly difficult request. XD

Also also... can you access models from MoP? :O
Last edited by Miacoda on Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

I would like a signature of Tårnfalks with her golden gear, armoy link : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... alk/simple, though with this bow instead : http://www.wowhead.com/item=34196.

With her new pets to fit her golden look :

Kerra: http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/lionskingold.html

Sahara: http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/wormskinyellow.html

Veksar: http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/direwolfskinbrown.html

Cabilis http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/serpentskinbrown.html

and

Kitchior : http://www.wow-petopia.com/look/tarantu ... range.html

Background and animation up to ur creative mind :D
Huge thanks in advance :D :hug:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Karin »

TheDoomcookie wrote:I have a question... would you be able to do spirit beasts such as Ban'thalos or any of the other spectral ones, or would you rather us stay with our solid pets? XD

Also, a max number of pets? Just more of curiosity than anything. Not wanting to give you a terribly difficult request. XD

Also also... can you access models from MoP? :O
For the spirit beasts or any mobs that are transparent, with ImageReady, that's a cinch to do. Just take their solid versions and reduce their opacity. In the past, I've been able to make Gondria and the Ghostsaber only slightly transparent but not too much that they can't be seen.

I've gotten five pets and the hunter about as max as it could get without looking too crowded or too small. I could create several sigs containing different pets at a time to make sure

If they already created a WoW Model Viewer for people that don't have many expansions but can see the MoP models, then sure. For now, I have a Cataclysm one. Haven't updated in a while but I know it works.

Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Alright. ^^ Thanks!

Here's my request. :)

Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... oda/simple

This is the gear I would like shown. ^^
No Helm
Shoulders: Lightning-Charged Spaulders
Cloak: Recovered Cloak of Frostheim
Chest: Lightning Charged Tunic
Shirt: Green Martial Shirt
Gloves: Lightning-Charged Gloves
Belt: Coil of Ten-Thousand Screams
Legs: Lightning-Charged Legguards
Boots: Treads of Malorne
No Melee Weapon
Bow: Rhok'delar, Longbow of the Ancient Keepers

As for pets, I would like to have Krush and Banthalos

And I guess if there's anything else you need to know ask away. ^^

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Karin »

Okey dokey, I will take the time this weekend to fulfill these requests.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:The armory shows what the gear's been transmogrified to in the picture. When you mouse over each piece, first it gives you the name of the piece that's actually being worn, then gives you the name of the piece it currently looks like below that.
^ What she said ^_^

LisaaraPokefarm

Kalliope

Jessibelle wrote:
Kalliope wrote:The armory shows what the gear's been transmogrified to in the picture. When you mouse over each piece, first it gives you the name of the piece that's actually being worn, then gives you the name of the piece it currently looks like below that.
^ What she said ^_^
To amend this, I would think it would be polite for the people requesting animations to copy over their gear names here, just to make things easier on Karin. ^_^

YouTube Edition

Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Karin »

Eh, bit of bad news. While looking through my model viewer and trying put Cata gear on your characters, I can't seem to find them at all and I think it is because I don't have Cataclysm. I believe I can see everything else that came with Cata though including the new player races and pets.

So, I may need to make a few exceptions people already requested in case they wanted any pieces of Cata gear on their toon. If it's just a transmog to older gear, that is fine with me.

Also, it looks like even though there is the latest WMV which says should included a bit of MoP, I couldn't find any models, pets or pandaren, in it. I suspect it will still be a while before WMV is updated to where there is officially MoP stuff in there.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Karin wrote:Eh, bit of bad news. While looking through my model viewer and trying put Cata gear on your characters, I can't seem to find them at all and I think it is because I don't have Cataclysm. I believe I can see everything else that came with Cata though including the new player races and pets.

So, I may need to make a few exceptions people already requested in case they wanted any pieces of Cata gear on their toon. If it's just a transmog to older gear, that is fine with me.

Also, it looks like even though there is the latest WMV which says should included a bit of MoP, I couldn't find any models, pets or pandaren, in it. I suspect it will still be a while before WMV is updated to where there is officially MoP stuff in there.
eep! If Jessi can't be done, I can pick Lisaara instead since her transmog doesnt have cata gear.

LisaaraPokefarm

Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Karin »

Jessibelle wrote:
Karin wrote:Eh, bit of bad news. While looking through my model viewer and trying put Cata gear on your characters, I can't seem to find them at all and I think it is because I don't have Cataclysm. I believe I can see everything else that came with Cata though including the new player races and pets.

eep! If Jessi can't be done, I can pick Lisaara instead since her transmog doesnt have cata gear.
I can still do Jessi if you can pick alternative gear for me to use or I can randomly choose what she will wear in the model viewer.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

I think tårnfalk is save cause all her transmorg gear is before cata :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Karin »

Things to do:
Jessibelle's sig []
Tarnfalk's sig [Finished!]
Doomcookie's sig [Finished!]

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Yay thanks :D I really like it :D

Kalliope

*coos over Kitch* That's so adorable!

That actually kinda makes me want to request a sig, but I wouldn't want to steal your thunder. ;)

YouTube Edition

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Karin wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:

I can still do Jessi if you can pick alternative gear for me to use or I can randomly choose what she will wear in the model viewer.
If you'd like, you can pick or a nice Gilnean hunter outfit for it. :3

LisaaraPokefarm

Karin
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Karin »

I can look for something that will suit your worgen well. I am thinking of putting some ragged or old-looking clothes on her if there is any. After all, worgens are werewolves that transform from humans.