Alt Hunter Sig in Progress

This is the place to request an avatar, get opinions on your signatures ... anything involving forum art!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Alt Hunter Sig in Progress

Unread post by Seilahyn »

I'm rather happy with how this is turning out so far and I felt like sharing. I know it's very similar to my current main's sig, which I sort of like as it will fit in the rotation and not seem out of place. She's not 90 yet, nor does she have the Ornate set for her transmog yet, but I wanted to make a sig that I can use for a while and not have to update every other day. I'm still debating if I want to include the other wolves that aren't the fluffy Worg model, or just keep it with her fluffies. It's also missing the Lone Hunter model as I'm on the boat with as I'm not sure if I'll be releasing him or not. Don't know why I can't seem to bond with any ghosty models other than Spirit Beasts. Also debating adding Karoma/Skoll in now or just waiting until I actually get them to edit the sig later.. which might be a while, I don't know.

It's currently larger than it will be as it's easier to work with. It'll get resized for sig use later. The white background will go and it will be saved as a .png like my current one to have a transparent background. It'll also have the save edge/shadow just like my current.

I might move the one on the far right closer to the dark grey one and edit it a bit to make it look like he's trying to playfully nudge the grey one. Think it might be cute. Also might readjust the black ones "beard" so it's not over top of the map and it's just his nose sniffing at it.

Things to Do:
Clean up edges/Remove blue bits
Any other clean ups needed that I don't notice at the moment
Electraa
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bronzebeard

Re: Alt Hunter Sig in Progress

Unread post by Electraa »

That's very nice.
I'm trying to get my WMV working again, it's durping around.

Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

This sig is an excellent example of why worgen should have wolf pets. xD

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

It looks nice! Could do without the white background though. :)

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Junrei wrote:It looks nice! Could do without the white background though. :)
That'll go away when it's finished. It'll look like my current one once I have everything where I want it and edges cleaned up. I just saved it as a JPEG to show what it was looking like so far so it put the white in there for now.

--

Also, thanks for the comments so far. ^^
Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill (Horde)Ravencrest (Ally)

Unread post by Snowbird »

Looks interesting!! gogo!!

Signature Made By Senenith

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Seilahyn wrote:
Junrei wrote:It looks nice! Could do without the white background though. :)
That'll go away when it's finished. It'll look like my current one once I have everything where I want it and edges cleaned up. I just saved it as a JPEG to show what it was looking like so far so it put the white in there for now.

--

Also, thanks for the comments so far. ^^
Oooh okay. Makes sense! :3

LisaaraPokefarm

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Aaaaand done. I think. After a while of staring you tend to over look the most obvious things... so if anyone notices any chunks of blue I missed, please point them out! Or any other glaring mistakes.

Here's the sig version. (Updated with proper sized one.)

It's a little bigger (as in the characters/pets sizes) compared to my Draenei's because that one was much wider. So to make it a resonable width, they got shrunk a bit more than this one. I will have to start from scratch to make any edits to my Draenei's sig as I accidently saved the layer PDF file while it was merged and finalized for sig saving. (I raged hard when I did that!) It won't be too hard, just very tedious to get each cat back in the pose in WMV.

You can't really see her hand petting the bi-color worg to well and I was debating using one of the light colored ones for that... but Maiyun and Maicoh (the white and off-white) I consider to be "brothers" and wanted them howling together.

Anywho, very happy with how it came out. I was worried with the lack of motions for the Worgs that I wouldn't be able to vary their poses enough to make a decent looking sig. Cats borrow animations from Druid cat form, and just generally have more to work with.

Edit:
Deleted the original one linked here, added the updated smaller one in it's place.
Last edited by Seilahyn on Tue Nov 20, 2012 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

That looks awesome!

LisaaraPokefarm

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Might as well toss these here; Matching icons for each wolf completed and added to my rotation.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Still have other pets to do icons for, and some to finalize and finally give names. I'm way too darn picky with naming my pets. ><
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

The max height for sigs is 300 pixels so you need to shrink the image a bit more.

I see a bunch of blue by your worgen's right hand, under the redbrown wolf, plus in a few other spots when I zoom in. I don't know what art program you use but with mine I can change the alpha or transparent color to the default WMV blue and it erases all the blue for me. Otherwise you can change the background color in WMV to something else.

I like the sig though. Always liked that style you have but I prefer to use smaller sigs.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Wassa wrote:The max height for sigs is 300 pixels so you need to shrink the image a bit more.

I see a bunch of blue by your worgen's right hand, under the redbrown wolf, plus in a few other spots when I zoom in. I don't know what art program you use but with mine I can change the alpha or transparent color to the default WMV blue and it erases all the blue for me. Otherwise you can change the background color in WMV to something else.

I like the sig though. Always liked that style you have but I prefer to use smaller sigs.
Yeah I was debating shrinking it a tad more. It's 350 in height which I thought would be ok although on the larger side. I'll do that after our raid tonight.

I use Photoshop, but I don't know all the tricks and what not for it. I only know very, very basic stuff and mostly just "click this button to see what it does" sort of know. I use the little wand thing to select the blue and just Delete it. Then for getting into the furry bits I used the Magnetic Lasso to just click along and cut off blue edges. I had one computer class back in Highschool where we did cover basics of Photoshop, but the teacher was horrible and didn't know a darn thing about what she was teaching. One of her students, who sat next to me, had to keep correcting her and telling her what to do.

I'll go in and take a closer look at those areas and see if I can clean it up a bit more. Now that you pointed it out I see it.
Electraa
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bronzebeard

Unread post by Electraa »

It looks alright to me. A few white spots never hurt anybody.

Finally got my WMV to work, so I made a signature\avvie set for my little Nhi. <3

Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill (Horde)Ravencrest (Ally)

Unread post by Snowbird »

It looks goodie!!! :D

Signature Made By Senenith