Custom Pet Avatars - Open Again!

This is the place to request an avatar, get opinions on your signatures ... anything involving forum art!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: US - Skywall/Cenarius Alliance - Nesingwary Horde

Re: Custom Pet Avatars - Open

Unread post by Seilahyn »

Snowy wrote:
Zhinru wrote:If I may advise something (what am I still doing in this thread?), use imgur. Very neat site, upload is easy and intuitive, and links are short too.
I know you've said you liked Photobucket, but really, this. Imgur is *amazing*. I adored Photobucket... until I found Imgur. xD
Also... I was wondering if you minded me stealing your signature layout idea? I love the simplistic look of it and I would love to make something similar of my own.
Sure. I've seen other sigs like it before so it's not really "mine" or anything. I'd offer to do sigs but I might get a little swamped in work then as they take much longer to do.

Junrei
ImageImageImage
Tried to match as best as possible. Minor differences but barely noticeable. The only big one is turning the name upright on Yin->Missy. Yin was short enough I could fit in there without interfering with the mouth. Missy was a bit longer.

And it is only the "new" version of PhotoBucket adding the extra junk onto the image name. These don't have it now that it let me switch back to the old layout.
Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Snowy »

I dunno, I kinda have the 'style' of the signature recognised as yours, for some reason. It's one of those signatures I see and remember people by. c:

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Seilahyn wrote:
Snowy wrote:
Zhinru wrote:If I may advise something (what am I still doing in this thread?), use imgur. Very neat site, upload is easy and intuitive, and links are short too.
I know you've said you liked Photobucket, but really, this. Imgur is *amazing*. I adored Photobucket... until I found Imgur. xD
Also... I was wondering if you minded me stealing your signature layout idea? I love the simplistic look of it and I would love to make something similar of my own.
Sure. I've seen other sigs like it before so it's not really "mine" or anything. I'd offer to do sigs but I might get a little swamped in work then as they take much longer to do.

Junrei
ImageImageImage
Tried to match as best as possible. Minor differences but barely noticeable. The only big one is turning the name upright on Yin->Missy. Yin was short enough I could fit in there without interfering with the mouth. Missy was a bit longer.

And it is only the "new" version of PhotoBucket adding the extra junk onto the image name. These don't have it now that it let me switch back to the old layout.
Awesomesauce! And I do like the idea of you making sigs sometime. :3

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I actually use to make "better" sigs back in the day.. back when I played FFXI. (Oh boy, look what you made me do...)

Here was a banner I made for my Dynamis Linkshell. Not sure if it ever got used or not, but I liked it.

A sig + avatar I made for a friend upon request.
Image Image

Another with 2 avatars. (Hers didn't come out as good as Jiade's did.)
Image Image Image

And mine (I'll exclude the first couple because they were REALLY bad)

Compare those to my current.. I feel the newer ones are lacking, but I do like them. They're simple and don't take as much time.

Actually.. wait. I did made a sig way back when I first started playing WoW. Seems I don't have it anymore. It's not on my PhotoBucket nor is it in my WoW folder on my computer. It might still be on my old dead HD.. oh well.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Those aren't bad but I actually prefer the more simple ones ya got now. :3 Just something about them is cleaner, more striking.

LisaaraPokefarm

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

It sort of is comparing apples and oranges I guess. My old ones had detailed backgrounds where as these are just the characters against whatever background the forum has. I do like them both in their own ways, though.. I would probably lean more towards my current ones. Just thought I'd share some old stuff that I was proud of back in the day. I'm slowly trying to work my way back into doing things I use to love doing... now if only I can get myself back to drawing regularly again...
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

I like your old stuff! It's actually quite similar to what I was trying to do with my ranger from GW2, but sadly I am using GIMP2 which just isn't quite as spiffy as Photoshop. Trying to do a clean signature was really difficult because I had to erase all the fuzziness from the character layers by hand, and I'm not that steady with a mouse so I had to try and try again x 1,000,000. Long story short, I think yours look awesome and I wish I could do mine that way.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Personally I prefer your newer ones too, but that's down to preference of cleaner, more simple looking signatures. It would also make it easier for me, if I was to make a signature for myself in that kinda style, to add in pets when I get new ones. I'm still looking for Gondria - ever since CRZ, rares are now really rare again! It's like being back in Wrath. o:

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Seilahyn wrote:It sort of is comparing apples and oranges I guess. My old ones had detailed backgrounds where as these are just the characters against whatever background the forum has. I do like them both in their own ways, though.. I would probably lean more towards my current ones. Just thought I'd share some old stuff that I was proud of back in the day. I'm slowly trying to work my way back into doing things I use to love doing... now if only I can get myself back to drawing regularly again...
I suppose it is.

This is gonna sound weird but would you ever think of making a tutorial for sigs like yours? I'd like to make them on my own, I just have no idea how to work stuff by getting it from WMV to Photoshop.

LisaaraPokefarm

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Junrei wrote:
Seilahyn wrote:It sort of is comparing apples and oranges I guess. My old ones had detailed backgrounds where as these are just the characters against whatever background the forum has. I do like them both in their own ways, though.. I would probably lean more towards my current ones. Just thought I'd share some old stuff that I was proud of back in the day. I'm slowly trying to work my way back into doing things I use to love doing... now if only I can get myself back to drawing regularly again...
I suppose it is.

This is gonna sound weird but would you ever think of making a tutorial for sigs like yours? I'd like to make them on my own, I just have no idea how to work stuff by getting it from WMV to Photoshop.
Hm.. well I don't see why not. Although, I've never done a tutorial before and my knowledge of Photoshop is limited. I'm sure the way I go about things is probably the long-a-bout way and there are shorter ways to do it, but I can give it a try. Give me some time to throw something together as I'm not sure exactly how I want to go about showing the steps/process.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

It's all good! :D Take your time with it. ^_^

LisaaraPokefarm

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Your FFXI sigs and avatars are amazing, Seilahyn! Though, I admit that I prefer the sigs you made for your hunters because the simple style and layouts for them are so unique. If you started doing sigs for others in either style, I'd definitely request one from you in a heartbeat.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I'd love a few avatars if you're open!!

First one would be my alliance main's wolf (Skoll).
TheBigBad

Second my horde main's ghostly white demon dog.
Lucifur
He's a Phase Hound from Karazhan

Third is my alliance main's second love
Snort
Snort the Heckler from the Barrens. Giordana has had him since level 17.

Four and finally my horde's second love
DeathNDecay
He's the undead bear from upper Silverpine Forest that boarders Tirisfal.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

zedxrgal wrote:I'd love a few avatars if you're open!!
Yep! I'll add you to the list and get to them sometime today. If I don't get them done before Magic (I leave at 5PM EST and don't get home till close to 11PM EST) tonight it might be tomorrow. I'll probably be passing out when I get home.
Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Falconcrest (Through PM)
ImageImageImageImageImage

zedxrgal
ImageImageImageImage

As always, let me know if you want any changes.

Oh, guess I should mention I scrapped my first attempt at a sig quide... lol. This might take longer than I thought.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

I tamed Humar the Pridelord today and it was insta-click for us! Would you mind making another avatar of him so I can add him to the collection? I named him Jolt. (:

Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

Dat Hexapos.

Also, I'd like to request more of your amazing avatars.

1. Frostbite ~ Star ~ Violet
2.Loque'nahak ~ Skoll ~ Purple shale Spider
3. Doesn't matter
4. No Ty.
5. You can eyedrop
5a. Doesn't matter
6. Can you make frostbite look like he's sitting? ~ I'd like to see star howling or looking upward. ~ and for Vi, it doesn't matter.
7. Left ~ Left ~ Right

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I'll get right on them in the morning. I just got home and while the drive home woke me up a bit, which is odd as night drives normally have me nearly falling asleep at the wheel, I was pretty tired before the drive. I'm sure once I crawl into bed I'll be falling asleep with ease.

Of course if anyone else wants, feel free to also make requests. Don't have to stop making requests while I sleep, I'll just get to them when I wake up.
Eternallylostx
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Main is on Wyrmrest, alts on Mok'nathal

Unread post by Eternallylostx »

/nod nod
Gotta sleep sometime.

Signature credit to Ashaine; avatars by various people. Thanks! | Tumblr

Seilahyn
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Snowy

Eternallylostx
ImageImageImage

Frostbite is sitting in the screenshot I used, so I tried to shrink it enough but not too much so that you could see his shoulders going straight down to give the hint of sitting. It's subtle, and maybe I get the "sitting" vibe because I know I used it, but I hope it's enough. Must say I really like how Violet turned out. Some of the more spikey models come out looking really neat with the outlines and shadows.