Mania Needs Some Shiny Art

This is the place to request an avatar, get opinions on your signatures ... anything involving forum art!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Mania Needs Some Shiny Art

Unread post by Mania »

I love the avatar that Pike made me, with Mania the orc and her slime in cartoon splendor. But ... truth is, I sometimes want to mix things up a bit. And I don't even have a signature yet (as I write this).

So I was hoping I could take advantage of the amazing talent here to get myself a couple of different avatars, signatures, or avatar/signature sets made, so I can switch between them.

Biggest problem? I have no idea what I want. :D Yes, I know, I'm being difficult. But seriously ...
  • Although I adore my slime, I don't really need another slime pic (and I feel bad using the one I have sometimes since slimes aren't available for taming now).
  • I'm not hugely fond of Mania's actual look in game. Her face looks somewhat vapid (although I never see the front anyway) and her armor is a mish-mash. ... Although I do quite like my complete set of Bloodlust armor. (Yes, the level 60ish loot set.)
  • And I'm seriously considering changing Mania into an undead anyway, when that eventually becomes an option. Undead women are sexy.
  • On the pet side, I have particular fondness for at least 80% of the 250+ pet appearances. And I've tamed most of them across my 30 or so hunter alts. So that's no help.
  • And I like all of the different art styles I've seen here so far.
So .. yeah. I'm difficult. :D

Suggestions?
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Re: Mania Needs Some Shiny Art

Unread post by Ryno »

An undead hunter who was eaten by a slime. The slime has tamed the hunter!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hmm.....I'd definitely love to make you a set. Perhaps instead of focusing directly on your character you could choose a pet or perhaps a weapon to 'represent' you. Also give me a colour scheme and I could fiddle with something.

I know it's hard to pick a pet, but maybe just a few of your top favourites? :D Or ones you'd like to see in a signature/avatar? ^^
Vorel
Realm: Aggramar

Unread post by Vorel »

Ryno wrote:An undead hunter who was eaten by a slime. The slime has tamed the hunter!
or can be something like this: http://www.staronion.com/maiev/img/undead_hunter.jpg

i knew this pic i stumble upon long ago before the "Cataclysm" announcement and Forsaken Hunters would be useful someday :headbang:

Where many see wild beasts as enemies to be destroyed,I see valuable allies who have simply lost their way...

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Mania wrote:
  • And I'm seriously considering changing Mania into an undead anyway, when that eventually becomes an option. Undead women are sexy.
One might even call them "Dead Sexy"...

Anyhow, I think Veph will come up with something great, I can't think of anything worthy of our Den Mother!
*Kneels*

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Heh! I do like the undead hunter thing.

Oh my, there are a lot of wonderful pets. I think most of the *cough* signature pets are out: no Loque, no Skoll, no Mazzranache, no Ghost Saber, no ghost wolf.

But I've always loved the orange dragonhawks, and red crabs are adorable. I have a few two-headed favorites, namely Trachela and the Kurken. Both the white and green scorpids are just amazing, and green silithids make me drool. And I love the old world worms, although I suspect they are a bit too phallic.

Ooh, you know, maybe a completely untameable beast, as a kind of wish? Like a blue dragonhawk or a green silithid wasp. Or a green bog strider!

Heh, yeah ... too many favorites. :D
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

As I was reading your post, Mania, I got this image in my head of Mania (or Kaet or whomever) sitting in the middle of a bunch of pets, looking towards her - truly den mother-ish. I can't do it justice, though, my art skills are non-existent.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Vephriel

*ponders*

Maybe instead of trying to choose a pet, do you have a favourite zone in game?

And there's still the option of just taking your favourite colour and making a pretty set with just your name or something on it. ^^

And if you do narrow down some pets, I could put multiple ones in the image since you are the Den Mother after all, it seems fitting to have lots of pets. :lol:
Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

I don't know why but somehow this jumped into my mind when reading these posts.

Maybe something to work with?
Attachments
transform.gif
transform.gif (242.06 KiB) Viewed 3115 times
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Vek'nilash

Unread post by Bulletdance »

Hmm...it does sound like you're having a hard time deciding. There are so many wonderful pets to choose from. Maybe an icon of one of the hunters moves? Or something like that. And if you want a pet color not available in game I might be able to help, let me know if there is anything I can make for ya. I can do little illustrations like mine with neat text, if you like. Maybe a collaboration between a lot of those here would cool.
Vephriel

Bulletdance wrote:Maybe a collaboration between a lot of those here would cool.
*imagines a SUPER SIGNATURE infused with the power of all graphics makers here* :o
Mania
Administrator
Administrator

Unread post by Mania »

Karathyriel: That's so cute! And clever. ;) (Although I really want to know what happens to the knees of the armor to make them tear out like that so fast.)

A super signature would be a bit much, I think, but I would love to have several I can switch between.
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Why not a challenge then? Er...kinda like a duel request to all those who can make such things. Lets all make a few for mania guys! :hug:
Vephriel

As soon as she gives me something to go on I'll definitely start on some example ones. :lol:
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Vephriel wrote:
Bulletdance wrote:Maybe a collaboration between a lot of those here would cool.
*imagines a SUPER SIGNATURE infused with the power of all graphics makers here* :o
It... It would be... Pictures from Bulletdance, animated by Kara, put together by Veph, and with my moving text, and some lolcats, tacked on.

AWESOME!

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Karathyriel
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Not playing anymore.

Unread post by Karathyriel »

Unless you haven't noticed yet...

I'm not good at graphics stuff. I just put together what I can wrestle out of the modelviewer...
Vephriel

But I have no idea how to work with animated models or anything. :lol:

We all have our specialties. x3
Bulletdance
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

That's like magic to me tho Kar. Is awesome. You could do almost anything. I couldn't even figure out how to download model viewer lol
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I know, but if we mix our skills together...

THE WORLD SHALL TREMBLE BEFORE THE MIGHT OF SATRIEYRIEDANCE!

Vephriel

Lmao. xD

No one would even be able to look upon such a creation of epicness!