You know what really grinds my gears? [mature/NSFW]

Silly forum games go here!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Re: You know what really grinds my gears? [mature/NSFW]

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:It wasn't "all over the place" either. It grinds my gears that we were told this was a place where we could talk about mature topics, only to be told that no, it was a big fat lie.
Well Mania did say
They have full authority to do whatever needs to be done while I'm sick.
So not much we can do about it.
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

AdamSavage wrote:
TygerDarkstorm wrote:It wasn't "all over the place" either. It grinds my gears that we were told this was a place where we could talk about mature topics, only to be told that no, it was a big fat lie.
Well Mania did say
yeah....NEEDS to be done. This wasn't needed, imho.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

I may get into trouble for voicing my opinion, but I can't stay quiet.

While I may not feel the need to write about my faecal matter or masturbation practises, I don't see any reason why others shouldn't, seeing as the disclaimer was placed there for that very reason. I agree that people may be surprised, or even disgusted, that there are those willing to share this information with virtual strangers, but if it helps them (as it did Cowmu) and makes them feel better, isn't that what this thread was for?

This whole thing is starting to feel like that whole Western World (don't want to name specific countries in fear of offending) double-standards. It is PERFECTLY okay to watch films, play games and discuss topics that include death, violence and torture, but as soon as sex is brought up. *gasps* Oh how very dare you! I don't know, most of us here are either adults, or realistic enough to deal with the realities of life (which includes sex, the runs, etc.), and if we're not then maybe it's time for a wake up call. I'm a mother myself, and I hope, in time, my children will be able to view things like these as nature intended them: normal.

Edited to add in: That's what I loved and, hopefully, will continue to love about this community. The fact that we, all of us different, from completely varying walks of life, are able to gather here together because of our love of pixellated animals and be OURSELVES, warts and all. I hope that never changes.
Last edited by Mozag on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

*Removed my own post.*
Last edited by Adam-Savage on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:47 am, edited 4 times in total.
Zinagaro
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Zinagaro »

Mature by my definitions means that you are capable of handling a subject of that manner like an adult.
Not Safe For Work goes without saying. In this case I don't believe you should be browsing this website at all if you are at work. Should consequences arise from "THIS" topic and not the fact you aren't doing work while at WORK; You need to re-evaluate the intelligence of your job.

The Warnings are there and should not need further warnings its getting redundant and I'm sick and tired of this thread being derailed by a senseless argument.
This topic was made for ranting about anything and as said from a mod herself.
"It's free reign in here to post rants or vents that may otherwise be inappropriate on a public forum..."

This has been decided, the appropriate tags have been added. Further censorship by the deleting or ninja editing of posts in uncalled for in a thread where we we're told we could rant about such topics without worry. More so now that additional Additional tags have been added.

Stop your bickering back and forth; both sides apologize. Mods agree to not edit posts within this topic for the sake of going against their word and common sense. Users agree to stop beating this really poor dead horse any further into the freaking ground so we can move on with our lives like civilized people and carry on with the topic that was helping so many of us relieve stress.

- I Be Indestructible Mon! -

"One thing I've learned about idiots - they are utterly without shame." - Worba

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

AdamSavage wrote:
Well Mania did say
*nods* With Mania sick, and Vephriel still recovering from a recent panic attack (no clue with Golden; I get a feeling that RL has her preoccupied), it's effectively up to Kalliope's judgment if I'm reading this correctly. Could we please put down the pitchforks? And make sure the prongs are facing down; don't want someone to impale their foot or get whacked in the face, now would you? (yes, that is a pet peeve of mine)
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Unread post by Moore »

Mozag wrote: This whole thing is starting to feel like that whole Western World (don't want to name specific countries in fear of offending) double-standards. It is PERFECTLY okay to watch films, play games and discuss topics that include death, violence and torture, but as soon as sex is brought up. *gasps* Oh how very dare you!
This.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Cialbi wrote: *nods* With Mania sick, and Vephriel still recovering from a recent panic attack (no clue with Golden; I get a feeling that RL has her preoccupied), it's effectively up to Kalliope's judgment if I'm reading this correctly. Could we please put down the pitchforks? And make sure the prongs are facing down; don't want someone to impale their foot or get whacked in the face, now would you? (yes, that is a pet peeve of mine)
My beef is that we were told we could discuss mature topics (sex is a mature topic) without repercussion, and now all of a sudden we're being told that we went too far (after getting the okay). Sad thing is, the post about how taking out a tampon too soon made it, but the ones before it were deleted.

Either the mature tags need to be taken away and we all need to be told what we can and can't discuss (while keeping it clean), or the tags stay and we talk about what's grinding our gears as we were told we were able. What's happening is hypocrisy and it's wrong.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I have not been in a very stable mental state for most of the day, therefore I haven't been on to keep track of things here. I'd just like to reiterate the fact that Kalli has been on her own a lot due to me being on vacation and Mania out of commission. I hate to see her being used as the scapegoat simply due to her presence. Sorry everyone, but real life happens, and going out of your way to make more trouble for the already understaffed mods is pretty low. She didn't have to stick around and try to keep things under control, but she did her best while being pressured by the fact of being by herself.

Common sense was all that was needed in the past when the Petopia Forum was a small place. The dramatic growth and number of users has been increasing exponentially, and we still just have a small team of mods. New situations arise constantly that there was never protocol for before since it was not needed. We're only human, we cannot be here all the time, nor can we always determine the best way of doing things when we're basically improvising.

I'm still not going to be too active for the next few days until I'm back home. For now, I am locking this thread for a short period to let everyone cool their heads. This is my decision, disagree if you must, but that is the action I am taking. We shall wait to see what Mania thinks and determine a solid outline of what is acceptable and go from there. Please do not create a new thread in a similar vein to this until everything is sorted out.