You know what really grinds my gears? [mature/NSFW]

Silly forum games go here!
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Re: You know what really grinds my gears? [mature/NSFW]

Unread post by Cialbi »

AdamSavage wrote:ok now I'm getting really annoyed. So I will add to my list..

ROGUE EDITS! I'm getting sick of them.. please stop. There is no need for them. Why ?? I can't stand it when I post something only to have it deleted with no reason given or nothing..
At first, I was wondering why you posted that, since your previous post didn't seem to have even a letter changed.

Then what should have been the obvious was pointed out:
cowmuflage wrote:Well I can see why they took all that woamn talk down haha I don't er blame them :P
Yes, that was a bit more than I bargained for in terms of TMI (thanks for at least posting a warning), but that's not news to you. I'm glad those replies helped you out a lot, though.
Still, some of the posts could have at least had only parts of them edited out; there was nothing wrong with Saturo complaining about coming down with a migraine, for example.
EDIT: Either I wasn't paying close attention, or some posts were undeleted in the meantime. Holy crap, this is getting so hard to keep up with!

As for what AdamSavage posted, I do have to agree with him. If you edit out content from a post, could you do a small favor and leave a little 'moderator's note' explaining why you edited out said content. In this recent case, making a new post briefly explaining why you deleted a string of posts would also be nice. Is it necessary? That's debatable, to say the least. However, as AdamSavage is demonstrating here, it does get very annoying, having to rack your brain to figure out what just suddenly and inexplicably changed. Posts from regular users at least display how many times they've been edited since a reply was first made; moderator edits can fly completely under the radar.
Last edited by Cialbi on Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Wow really? The title says mature/NSFW, not to mention, most of the posts had warnings at the top of them. What's the point of having the tag in the title if we're going to be censored anyway?

At least have the courtesy like MMO-C does when their mods edit posts and leave a reason explaining why.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

TygerDarkstorm wrote:Wow really? The title says mature/NSFW, not to mention, most of the posts had warnings at the top of them. What's the point of having the tag in the title if we're going to be censored anyway?

At least have the courtesy like MMO-C does when their mods edit posts and leave a reason explaining why.
^ This. This sort of thing isnt helping. It makes things worse.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Cialbi »

Saturo wrote:Personal feelings should not affect feelings.
:o Heaven forbid!
TygerDarkstorm wrote:At least have the courtesy like MMO-C does when their mods edit posts and leave a reason explaining why.
This was what I was trying to say, except more to the point. Thanks for wording that better.

_____

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Jessibelle wrote:
TygerDarkstorm wrote:Wow really? The title says mature/NSFW, not to mention, most of the posts had warnings at the top of them. What's the point of having the tag in the title if we're going to be censored anyway?

^ This. This sort of thing isnt helping. It makes things worse.
I agree completely with both of you. Having to put in double warnings is pathetic.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

*grrrr* How I wish I could say more..I can't..I'm afraid I will say the wrong thing.

For the rogue mod edits ? I have no idea why it's done or who is doing it. We have s "hidden" users so I'm amusing it's them.
Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Unread post by Moore »

Oh wait now one of my posts just got removed. Cool beans.

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Just kind of a huge slap in the face to be told our freedom of speech isn't going to be taken away then to find out our posts are being edited and/or deleted. =/

I mean, Adam's poop post was fine, it just needed a small disclaimer at the top of it saying "INC NASTINESS" or something. And none of the lady ones went into any in depth detail; they were words you could hear in everyday conversation. (And yes, my girlfriends and I discussed this kind of stuff in regular conversation which is why I'm unabashed to talk about it here.)

Oh, and the only reason I suggest a disclaimer on the post for some of the more in depth ones is just for the sake of stopping people from reading something they may not want to before they get to it. :)

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Blanket mod statement regarding the multitude of post removals. Sorry for the delay; been trying to catch up on things here after an incredibly long day, which I won't bore you all with.

Suffice to say that a can of worms has been opened here and things will need to be explicitly ironed out. In the meantime, please use common sense when posting. The Mature/NSFW tags are there so casual readers will know that things can get heated in here in regards to language, but they do not clear all subject matter. Expect a more specific update on this once Mania's back in commission.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:Blanket mod statement regarding the multitude of post removals. Sorry for the delay; been trying to catch up on things here after an incredibly long day, which I won't bore you all with.

Suffice to say that a can of worms has been opened here and things will need to be explicitly ironed out. In the meantime, please use common sense when posting. The Mature/NSFW tags are there so casual readers will know that things can get heated in here in regards to language, but they do not clear all subject matter. Expect a more specific update on this once Mania's back in commission.
Just gonna point out, the topic already has the tag. Means thats their warning. If they dont wanna read it, then they shouldn't click the topic.

LisaaraPokefarm

Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Unread post by Moore »

Half of it really I come here and I read the thread and someone says something totally disgusting and it makes me laugh and forget why my gears were being grinded in the first place.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

there better be I mean whats the point in posting in a thread about venting if its just going to be taken down even after theres extra warnings added to the post.
Zinagaro
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Zinagaro »

I fell like this song can aptly describe most of our feelings in a brief 4 minute time span if one would care to listen.
I promise you it isn't a rick roll but rather to be taken seriously.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpN60KKBAjc

Thank you all for your time.

On topic: You know what grinds my gears, Hunters who fake being interested in a pet to try and kill it when you offer to help them tame it. Hate those little @%(#%^#!.

- I Be Indestructible Mon! -

"One thing I've learned about idiots - they are utterly without shame." - Worba

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Vephriel wrote:The mature tag just lets others know that there may be posts within that deal with mature themes or could be potentially agitating.

Nothing within the thread has been altered, and I certainly do not see how the Count video has any relation to this whatsoever. There is no censoring going on, rather the opposite...it's free reign in here to post rants or vents that may otherwise be inappropriate on a public forum. I honestly fail to see a reason to make a big deal over a simple disclaimer.
I wouldn't worry about it Cowmu. You put disclaimers before your posts, and this thread is sort of an uncensored place to vent anyways.
Your fellow moderator says otherwise.

[/center]
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Forum goers were doing a better job of deciding on them own what is and isn't appropriate for the forum before, Tyger. Now we have topics like female masturbation and feces all over the place. The situation has changed and needs to be examined more closely.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Cialbi »

Can we divert this to the Forum Support board, so that this debate stops dominating the thread?

_____

Adam-Savage
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar

Unread post by Adam-Savage »

Kalliope wrote:Now we have topics like female masturbation
LOL Saturo! :lol:
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Sorry for bringing up something about female masturbation that I had to vented about. It's not like others have not said things klike that before.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kalliope wrote:Forum goers were doing a better job of deciding on them own what is and isn't appropriate for the forum before, Tyger. Now we have topics like female masturbation and feces all over the place. The situation has changed and needs to be examined more closely.
I'll again say...the tag is there. Thats kinda what its for.

LisaaraPokefarm

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

It wasn't "all over the place" either. It grinds my gears that we were told this was a place where we could talk about mature topics, only to be told that no, it was a big fat lie.

[/center]