Changes in Petopian Leadership

Use this forum to chat about the various incarnations of the forum-based guilds.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Ketchaeatcha
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Changes in Petopian Leadership

Unread post by Ketchaeatcha »

As you know Ryno has stated that he's stepping down as guild leader due to lack of interest and 3rd degree sprain of his tongue rendering him unable to fulfill his licking duties. Due to game architecture a new guild leader must be appointed to push us forward to lick that which has never been licked before.

To aid in the selection of the new guild leader we're asking for everyone's input both with nominations of people you think would do well in this position and any changes you'd like made to the guild itself. You can either reply to this post or if you feel more comfortable remaining anonymous feel free to send a PM to a officer you trust and we'll take it from there (just please make sure said officer knows it's there as not all of us check our inboxes at the same rate)

Please use as much detail as you want to as "X would be a good choice for the following 5 reasons" is more compelling then "Git Z, I likes hims!" Even if you don't have any opinion on a new leader feel free to let us know how the guild is doing and if there are any changes you'd like made, this is a time of reexamination so if you can think of anything that would make us a better guild would be appreciated.

As time goes on I'll collect the suggestions we gather here for everyone to review and discuss

Current Suggestions:
1) Guild Officers to lead at least one event per month... given the officers we currently have that would work out to an average of two events per week.

2) Post guild bank cleanings on the calendar with a general list of what is due to be auctioned/vendored and cash put into guild coffers... this would allow people a last change to grab low level items/mats before they vanish

3) Wednesdays will be taco night.... cause tacos are awesome

4) Set days for bank clean outs on calender

5) Guild events! perhaps Raids or BG's
Last edited by Ketchaeatcha on Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Allzu klug ist dumm" (Too clever is stupid)
~German Proverb
Ceravan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar (alliance), Nesingwary (horde)

Re: Changes in Petopian Leadership

Unread post by Ceravan »

You can either reply to this post or if you feel more comfortable remaining anonymous feel free to send a PM to a officer you trust and we'll take it from there
Here is a list of the current officers and their board names for PM usage...

Board Name - Who They Pretend To Be
Aarynthalia - Aary, Oly, etc...
Ceravan - Nugg, Graves, Ziro, etc...
Jelani - Drood/Jelaniana
Kalliope - Kallimon
Ketchaeatcha - Ketch, Oldbones
Korii - Korii, Batmonn, etc...
Ryno - Ryno
Sasrei - Saon, Reika
Siliverin - Siliverin, Shaleh, etc...
Sochi - Shaon
Teigan - Teigan

There is also the option of using the in game mail to get a hold of us as well as whispering us and asking us if we go the time to talk about it (look up in the guild for those that have Acolyte or Priest rank). Don't be shy, we'd prefer to get y'alls input on this situation so we can better move forward as a guild and keep licking that which has not been licked before.... like taco's. And don't even tell me all of y'all have "licked" a taco before, takes a group effort to keep it in one piece while the licking commenses.
Last edited by Ceravan on Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Last edited by Teigan on Tue May 22, 2012 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sochi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Sochi »

I've also got Sochi herself, Matalina, and Rexxi, to name a few more. But if anyone needs me and I'm on in any capacity, just ask any guild member and they'll point ya.

Your input is all welcome and vital. And I don't want to here any of, "My opinion won't be heard." or "What I say won't make a difference." Or any combination of such. What you say will be heard. What you say will be considered. We want to hear the membership as this transition will be important for us all. And we want it to go smoothly.

We are all of a guild. We all have a say.
Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

Ok... I have not been here long enough to help choose a new leader..
I hope to see more raiding than just in the middle of the week.. I work all week long maybe sometimes 13+ hour days and have no time to make them..
would like to see some weekend raiding.. and would like to help work on guild achieves.. More to come as I think of new stuff to say.

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed

Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I'm also Nastaran, for those who remember me better by that name. (Original Petopians main, after all!)

Please make your voices heard. :)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Jelani »

I am Jelani, and I am an altoholic..

My toons,

Jelaniana
Boromo
Neahok
Talut
Shamah
Angelee
Latie
Muheal
Wani

Feel free to contact me on any toon :)

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Unread post by Siliverin »

Siliverin here aka Sili and my alts: if you ever need to get ahold of me and i am on WoW, these be who i will be on
Soridormi
Starstrasza
Shaleh
Sintharia
Voodoocat
Killjoyy
Nozel
and if i am on ally side
Cyangosa
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

Indeed! Let us know. Its not just a guild but its pretty much almost like a family, so it doesnt matter how long or how short you have been in guild :)

My chars are
Saon
Reika
Adatara

*hugs all*

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

sallysquish
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Eldre Thalas

Unread post by sallysquish »

I would be fine with any of the Petopians (officers or not) becoming GL. My ideal criteria would be.

1. Someone who plays on a daily basis most of the time. I would prefer to see someone be GL who genuinely enjoys hanging out there on a regular basis.
2. Someone who does not have RL obligations to the point that this would be an added stress in their lives.
sallysquish
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Eldre Thalas

Unread post by sallysquish »

Also I think it would be very helpful to have one member of the guild - who does not want to be GL - collect the nominations. This way you don't have to feel bad about not choosing the person you are telling. I would be most grateful to know of an officer who definitely is not going to be GL to give my nominations to.
Kalliope

I'm definitely not active enough on Nesingwary to qualify as GL, so if it makes things easier, I'll officially withdraw my name so there's a completely neutral officer people can contact. :)

YouTube Edition

Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Unread post by Aritria »

Thanks for making this topic, Ketch! And thank you to the rest of the officers for wanting our input as guild members and to make the decision as a group, it's much appreciated as a lowly follower in the Guild.

I do agree that Wednesdays should be Taco nights, I love me some weekly Tacos. As far as a Guild Leader is concerned, I'd like to see the following qualities in them:

1) Someone with a good head on their shoulders when a situation arises in the Guild. This means that they have to listen well, and not judge anybody in that situation, or take sides. They must be diplomatic. Easier said than done, I know.

2) Someone who is on fairly frequently. This doesn't mean they HAVE to be on every day, we understand if life gets in the way. But I would like to have someone who knows what's going down in the guild.

3) Someone who can allow the Officers of the Guild to lead events and take responsibility for the guild as a TEAM. After all, one of them might be the Guild Leader one day (like right now!).

4) Someone who can have a good sense of humour. It's okay to goof off in this guild, World of Warcraft doesn't have to be SRS BZNS all the time.

5) Someone who can be the Guild Leader without the position interfering with their life. We don't want to cause any more stressers in this person's life.

As for the Guild itself, I'd like to suggest the following:
1) Guild Bank clean-outs. This is already being done more frequently, and having a set day is helpful for anyone who has lower level characters to get mats before they're sold. I know that in the past the Guild has had problems with hitting and quitting (for lack of a better term right now) when it comes to the bank, so weekly or even bi-weekly clean outs are great.

2) Guild events! I know the OS3D run has already been started up, and that's great to see! We could also have another night (or afternoon barring weekends) where we'd be able to run other raids, so that those who want to know what raiding's like can have a chance with the Guild first before going into a PuG and being all 'WTFL2PN00B' by more experienced Raiders. Alternatively, we could switch between a night dedicated to raiding and Battlegrounds. Again, going as a group so that those who are new to a BG have support in their fellow guild mates. Most are straight forward, but it doesn't hurt to go as a group.

I hope this gives some ideas for you guys to consider. As far as a preference goes, I'm cool with basically anyone. I know that one or two of the officers here are Leaders of other guilds, so I would like to graciously take them out of my 'ballot' so to speak. One guild is enough, you don't need another to worry about.

Thanks for your time,
Aritria Shattersong of Windrunner Village
Farstrider: International Relations Division
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I think most of us just posted out names so you know who you can get ahold of :) since the O list that was posted is a bit out of date lol

and thanks for all the input we really do appriciate it!
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Kalliope

Siliverin wrote:I think most of us just posted out names so you know who you can get ahold of :) since the O list that was posted is a bit out of date lol
Yes, that is why we posted. ;) I was just addressing Sally's concern of wanting an impartial officer to direct messages to. :)

YouTube Edition

Aritria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (H/A)

Unread post by Aritria »

You mean I wrote out that well thought out post for nothing?
*bucketformycreys.jpg*
Aritria's Adventures in Azeroth or Otherwise

"A bird doesn't sing because it has an answer, it sings because it has a song." - Lou Holtz

Sigs by the beautiful, talented Serenith, Kurenio, and Nili. Rock on, guys!
Avatars by Serenith, Sarah of Soaked, and other avatar artists.

The Pride of Nesingwary
Aritria, the Mother
Killasandra, the Daughter | Alessira, the Sister Adopted | Filomena, the Lover

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Last edited by Teigan on Tue May 22, 2012 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Oh no ari! we are happy youposted it! you have some really good ideas any and all input is good!

yeah im not trying for anything just so people know who my toons all are :)
Sig by Kurenio!
Siliverin