Drake run switching to Thur - Glory of Cat raids to Weds

Use this forum to chat about the various incarnations of the forum-based guilds.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
sallysquish
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Eldre Thalas

Drake run switching to Thur - Glory of Cat raids to Weds

Unread post by sallysquish »

Hey All
So our first attempt at a guild run of BoT went great! We downed the first boss after a few tries. The second pair of bosses was more challenging but we got further each time. Lots of running to stand in the right spot so you didn't die - definitely a learning curve. We all had fun though and it was a treat to see the new content. I'd like to thank Oberron and Venautar for doing the research on the strats.

We had to switch the times for the Drake and the Cata raid runs. Drake runs are now Thursdays 9:30 server and Cata raids are now Weds 9:00 server.

On the plus side interest in the cata raids is high and so we are able to do the runs with no pugging. On the downside this means not everyone gets to go who wants to which is a bummer. Priority goes to tanks and heals. We currently have 2 tanks and 3 healers committed (yay healers). This leaves only 5 dps slots. I will give priority on those slots to those who showed interest and signed up on the calendar first for the first run. This means Venautar and Wellngood have permanent slots as they were the first to indicate a wish to go. I need to do a bit of research to figure out priority for the remaining slots. Please don't be too downhearted if you miss out on some or all of these beginning runs. The idea is to get the guild as a whole good enough at them that we can run them on a regular basis. I am willing to keep them going for as long as there is interest. Just like the drake runs.

If any of you has a tank or heals gathering dust somewhere now would be a good time to brush them off and get them geared. We don't want to run Oberron, Quill, Romara and Aary ragged for months on end.

In case you missed these here are the loot guidelines. for the cata raids. They apply to all loot - greens, blues and purples.
This is NOT a transmog run meaning that you should only need on items which will give your toon an upgrade. I would also ask that no one roll to DE in case somebody does want it for transmog but has respectfully rolled greed. In short - roll need if you want to equip it as is. Roll greed if you want it for transmog or an alt. Please pass if you have no use for it on any toon. If you roll greed on a BOE item to give to an active alt - that alt does not need to be able to wear it immeadiatley. The object of these loot guidelines is to get the guild geared better as a whole.

<3 Sally
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Re: Drake run switching to Thur - Glory of Cat raids to Weds

Unread post by meepitco »

This is great to hear. As I said last night, I would've gone if family didn't come over. But, as I also said, I am not used to raiding on my hunter, so do not expect to see me in any of these raids untill my Warlock reaches 85. But nonetheless, good luck :3 I can help on the 2nd boss if you would like, speaking I know the fight somewhat.

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Morven »

I was glad to participate last night, and will gladly do so in future -- and I'll be glad to be around as an alternate/backup if the raiding gets full. Let everyone get their turn!

I have a 83 prot warrior that I'm leveling up; hopefully she will be able to help tank these someday, at least as an off-tank. Need to get her leveled, geared and get me some more Cata reg & then heroic tanking practice, though.

This experience also showed me that I need to get a lot more practice in having good DPS uptime on my hunter. I'm good when I can stand still and pay attention to my rotations & priorities, but it falls off rapidly if I have to run around and pay attention to things to avoid.

In this respect, Venataur has my admiration as getting a consistently, significantly higher DPS than the rest of us. My hat is off to you, sir.

Tanks and heals did admirable work. For the tanks, they didn't lose aggro, nor did they to my notice ever point the bosses in bad directions or anything else, and they stayed alive really well. The healers did a great job keeping my dumb ass alive when I stood in "fire" again. I should by rights have died much quicker than I did. I do think we need 3 healers at this stage in a 10-man; we're not good at keeping out of the hurty stuff yet, though I worry about our DPS as well. That will go up with learning too.
Foru21dr
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Tanaris (Alliance) Nessingwary (Horde)

Unread post by Foru21dr »

I'm looking into getting a ventrillo server available for the guild to use. This will be very beneficial for our raids. There are times during the fights that typing what to do will not work. It will also be availble for the guild to use for various reasons. bg's, arenas, socialization etc. I will try to get this up and running before the next raid on Wednesday.

So anyone that wants to use it should get the Ventrilo client loaded onto their PC's.

I got my download from http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php
Nesingwary Petopians - Bitka, Quïll Xendral, Ximbol, Saehi, and Tryxter
Nesingwary Petopian Alliance - Sorree and Xylda

http://dragcave.net/user/foru21dr My Cave
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Morven »

I'm gonna need a mic! *grin* Well, a headset at least.
sallysquish
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

I <3 this guild!

Vent would be awesome! It would save time for all of us and would spare Ober and Ven from typing injuries. Bitty if there is some way you can set up a palpay acct I would be happy to contribute to the expense and I'm sure others would too.
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Morven »

yes, I'd definitely throw some money in that direction.
Foru21dr
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Tanaris (Alliance) Nessingwary (Horde)

Unread post by Foru21dr »

No worries on this. It will be for more than just the raids, and I do plan to stay around for a while. I'm happy to contribute this to the guild.
Nesingwary Petopians - Bitka, Quïll Xendral, Ximbol, Saehi, and Tryxter
Nesingwary Petopian Alliance - Sorree and Xylda

http://dragcave.net/user/foru21dr My Cave
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

I don't consider Ptay geared enough, plus she's just another hunter in a guild full of hunters, but I do know all the fights. I would go for Magmaw and Omnotron Defense System before Valiona and Theralion. Omnotron is imo the easiest of the early raid bosses, and with the amount of ranged dps I'm sure you guys have, controlling the adds on Magmaw will be a piece of cake. One hunter can do the adds as long as they are survival or marks with bombardment/rapid killing/rapid recuperation combo.

I got a level 80 resto shammy. Maybe I should transfer her over and level/gear her up.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Azzrazzah
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary is the Shizznit,

Unread post by Azzrazzah »

I would like to participate in some of these runs.. But my problem is I work.. Weekdays are out for me.. Is there a reason why these take place durring the week? Just asking..

I Came...I Saw...I Tamed

sallysquish
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Ok in looking over the forum, the sign-up list and everything else I have come up with the raid roster for finishing BoT. Please forgive me if I spell your name wrong.

Oberron Tank
Nigori Off tank
Quill Heals
Romara Heals
Aary Heals (or whichever of her 10,000 alts is the priest) :P

DPS
Venataur
Wellngood
Arritria
Korii
Mindala

Siliverin is first DPS alternate

If something comes up and you cant make it just let us know. If you are DPS and more than 10 minutes late you have probably lost your place for that night but not the next one. If our main tank or more than 2 heals can't make it we may have to cancel or pug. No pressure Ober! I would like to limit these runs to 2 hours so when it gets close to 11PM server we'll be looking for a likely place to stop.

Other Raids
I would love to see more raids organized and there are lots of other places to go so that we wouldn't be affected by the lockout. I am happy to participate in these runs as dps or tank (provided my gear is good enough) but can't organize them or my brain will turn into pudding. Very embarrassing when that happens.

It sounds like some people would like to have runs on the weekends - perhaps there are enough interested to get one going? For whatever reason, there are more people on late wednesday eves than any other time which is why I usually organize raids for that time. But I think some weekend runs earlier in the day would be awesome.
Venataur
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Venataur »

Awesome job last night!!! it took a couple attempts but I think we have the 2nd fight down. everything seemed to come together that last attempt! and once again Id like to thank Bitka\Quill for providing a Ventrilo server. I tip my hat to everyone that participated last night. Everyone was patient and asked questions when needed and made it an absolute great time with the wipes and all. *CHEERS* :headbang:
meepitco
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nessingway- Main (H) Mannoroth- Secondary (A)

Unread post by meepitco »

This was fun c: I'd love to go more, but it seems there probably wouldn't be enough room :lol: It gave me some minor exp. with BoT, seeing as the last time I did it, it was horrific .-. (We will not talk about my old guild and their first attempt at BoT heroic 10m...)

Click the picture, it takes you to my deviantart.

Tumblr is here.

Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Morven »

You did well! I thought I died way too much, way too easily, thanks partly to lag and stutter. Liking the new bow?
sallysquish
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

SO we had an awesome time last night. It took us a while to all get vent working but once we did it was fantastic! Thanks Bitka!
Took us a few tries but we finally got those 2 pesky dragons down. I think we gave the poor things digestive issues because they kept belching fire. Oberron took a screenshot. Hopefully he will post it here. (hint hint)

There is a change in the roster because Aritrria went back to school.

Siliverin/Sordormi is now either DPS or heals depending on what we need that night. She is awesome at either one.
Mara is now first alternate DPS. She did a great job as well.
I'm sure there will be more opportunities for others to fill in.

Would love to try the 25 person version if we can swing it.

<3 Sally