Glory of Cat and Drake Raids - The latest

Use this forum to chat about the various incarnations of the forum-based guilds.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
sallysquish
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Eldre Thalas

Glory of Cat and Drake Raids - The latest

Unread post by sallysquish »

Hi All!
A Petopian raid is just like river - you never step into exactly the same one twice.

Glory of the Cataclysm Raids
So last week we got the chance to go into BoT again! We cleared some trash and did our best with the next set of bosses but we were down a healer and it showed. I suppose in some groups this would be cause for discouragement - but we're just all having a good time hanging out together and learning as we go. The raid group has been less consistent than I expected but I like the fact that different people are getting the opportunity to participate. This is a true guild-wide effort. If you want to come along just log in at raid time (9:PM server time on Weds) and odds are good you will get to go. We always stop at 11ish.

In case you missed these here are the loot guidelines. for the cata raids. They apply to all loot - greens, blues and purples.
This is NOT a transmog run meaning that you should only need on items which will give your toon an upgrade. I would also ask that no one roll to DE in case somebody does want it for transmog but has respectfully rolled greed. In short - roll need if you want to equip it as is. Roll greed if you want it for transmog or an alt. Please pass if you have no use for it on any toon. If you roll greed on a BOE item to give to an active alt - that alt does not need to be able to wear it immeadiatley. The object of these loot guidelines is to get the guild geared better as a whole.

Drake Runs
Drake run attendance has been steadily dwindling as most of the people in the guild who wanted a black drake seem to have gotten them. I am going to change the runs from 10M to 25M and am going to bump the time half an hour earlier to 9PM server time. I am happy to take special requests for the black drake. I have been keeping attendance for the past 6 weeks and only Corf has consistently showed (and didn't get a black drake yet) so we will have a special run for her soon.

Loot guidelines for the Drake runs are much looser. Roll need if you are hoping to get the drake and feel free to need on any gear you want to equip or use as transmog - otherwise just greed or DE it. Keep in mind that you can only equip one of the dragonhide bags per toon and they are BOA so please pass on it if you got one already.

Recently a guildie got a birthday drake run for the 25M OS and it was a lot of fun. I thought this was a fantastic idea - and not just because it was my birthday this week. Welln scheduled a birthday run for me but it was superbowl sunday and everyone was doing love is in the air stuff so we are postponing it till Thursday unless we can get enough people to go tonight (monday). If there is a preference for birthday runs I would be willing to cancel the more random chance drake runs for guaranteed birthday runs - is up to you guys. Alternatively some other kind soul could take on the regular drake runs or the birthday runs. I enjoy organizing these things but I know my limits and herding cats twice a week is about all I can handle.

I would also like to heartily encourage anyone who wants raids scheduled for a different time to set some up. We have several people leveling Tanks and Heals which will make it easier to do runs of all kinds. I have a brand new mage that just dinged 81 and I am looking forward to being the one drawing inappropriate aggro. :P

In the next few months Wellngood and I will be selling our house and moving out of the state. In September I will be entering a Doctoral program. So sometime between April and June I will have to step down as a raid organizer because I will be too busy herding my RL cats. Please contact me if you would be willing to take over.

<3 Sally
Venataur
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Re: Glory of Cat and Drake Raids - The latest

Unread post by Venataur »

I shall chat with you in game =)
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Unread post by Siliverin »

Im sorry for missing alot sally, there has been alot going on in RL between animals, family passing, mom going into surgery soon, and i havent been able to get on alot. Hopeing things are gonna pick up so it changes.
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
sallysquish
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

RL gets us all Sili. (((hugs)))
Davarra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Kargath, Suramar, Eitrigg, Korialstrasz, Nagrand

Unread post by Davarra »

Can these raids be done cross server now? I only have 2 80+ Hordies atm, an arms/prot warrior and a fairly subpar hunter who needs some love still, but I'm planning to get a DK, mage, and either holy pally or resto shammy up there asap also. Only catch is they're on Nagrand and Eitrigg, and my account is slap full.

Sig and av by the very talented Kurenio!

Venataur
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Venataur »

Thats a great question, Im thinking they can! That would be a wonderful way to get numbers and people there if we are short on guildys.
Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Unread post by Siliverin »

im sure we can we had done SSC with soeone from another server that was on someones real id. So I am sure it would work and like you said ven, a way to get the numbers we need if we are short guildies! good idea!
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
sallysquish
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

That sounds like a great idea and I'm all for it but I will need to pass the reins to someone else for coordinating the effort. Any volunteers?
Foru21dr
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Tanaris (Alliance) Nessingwary (Horde)

Unread post by Foru21dr »

I am going to try see if we can keep this going. We are in need of a few more people that are wanting to do these raids. PM me and let me know if interested.
Nesingwary Petopians - Bitka, Quïll Xendral, Ximbol, Saehi, and Tryxter
Nesingwary Petopian Alliance - Sorree and Xylda

http://dragcave.net/user/foru21dr My Cave
sallysquish
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Foru21dr wrote:I am going to try see if we can keep this going. We are in need of a few more people that are wanting to do these raids. PM me and let me know if interested.
Thank you Foru aka Bity! As many of you know my R wrist is injured at the moment making my game play difficult. Bitka has kindly offered to take over for me. Interest in drake runs has tapered off of late. If you have a toon that wants a black drake be sure to log on thursday eves 9PM server. Takes about 15 minutes. Bitka is also doing runs of Onyxia's lair at 8:30.

There is still strong interest in the BoT runs. I will be cheering from over Welln's shoulder. :)
Last edited by sallysquish on Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Morven »

I've still never gotten a black drake, so I'll be on at times for them :D

Still up for the raiding too, but it's been a bit hard these last few what with moving and all that.