Event to level Petopian Alliance, up to 1800g given weekly

Use this forum to chat about the various incarnations of the forum-based guilds.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Ceravan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar (alliance), Nesingwary (horde)

Event to level Petopian Alliance, up to 1800g given weekly

Unread post by Ceravan »

Come one, come all, and listen to the details of this event, for if successful will make Petopian Alliance as strong as Petopians, and provide people with a pretty amount of pocket change.
*Petopian Alliance is the alliance sister guild to Petopians, both of which are on Nesingwary, which is where you can find us*

An idea has come to me to level Petopian Alliance, and attempt to get it to 25 by the time Mists of Pandara come out. Said idea also awards people money and gets people together to either try something new, or maybe relieve any boredom they are currently enduring. So without further ado, here it is...

Starting March 6th, and continuing until Petopian Alliance reaches max guild level (ie 25 pre MoP, or whatever it is post MoP) there will be prizes awarded to the top 3 people contributing to leveling the guild. There is an option, under the roster tab on the guild window that shows Guild Activity (weekly). It resets every Tuesday, so every Monday night at say 11ish EST, me or any of the other Petopian Alliance officer(s) will check that option and the top 3 people on it will be rewarded "cash" prizes. And the prizes are as follows.

First place gets 1000g.
Second place gets 500g.
Third place gets 250g.

These prizes will be handed out weekly, determined by who's top on the list of the Guild Activity (weekly). This means it could be the same people every week, or different people every week, either way, they are putting time and effort into playing their alliance toons in Petopian Alliance, and thus deserve the reward given to them as in the end, it is still helping the guild as a whole. If I find that a majority of the top 3 are 80+'s I will consider making two seperate brackets and there will be two first place prizes, two second place prizes and two third place prizes, same payouts. This, however, depends on the amount of attendance we get.

Me and any of my toons are out of the running as I will be using them to earn the prize money to be handed out. All are welcome to join in the festivities, but prizes will only be handed out to Petopian Alliance members as that's the only way to determine said winners.

If you would like an invite to the guild and would like to prepare or whatnot before the event starts, just do a /who Petopian Alliance to see who's on. As of right now, most people you see on will be able to invite you as it's usually me and a couple others. This event is intended to help Petopian Alliance grow.

Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Re: Event to level Petopian Alliance, up to 1800g given week

Unread post by Morven »

Not that I needed a reason to level Anniah, but still, good for you Nugget!
Ceravan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar (alliance), Nesingwary (horde)

Re: Event to level Petopian Alliance, up to 1800g given week

Unread post by Ceravan »

starting in roughly a week, if you want to be part of this, it'd be a good idea to gather heirlooms, check your ally toons, make your ally toons or what not, already got the prize money set aside for the first one or two weeks.