Why I was off game for a while

Use this forum to chat about the various incarnations of the forum-based guilds.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Why I was off game for a while

Unread post by zedxrgal »

Just wanted to share why I'd been off WoW since late mid December to just over the last week. I have been having some pretty serious health issues that have made even everyday tasks practically impossible let alone play an MMO. As several know I have congenital heart problems that require medications. One of the meds plays an influence in my brain to help aid in my heart to function properly. Due to not achieving the results we were looking for it was decided to increase the dosing of said medication from 50mg to 100mg. A few days of being on the new dose (on a Saturday) I noticed my hands were shaking pretty bad. Thinking I'd just not eaten enough I went out and ate a large lunch. They shook the rest of the day. I dismissed it thinking it would pass. The next morning the hand tremors were still there and lasted throughout the day. I again ignored it. By Monday evening my legs /feet were tremoring. Seven days had passed since the first Saturday and I was now feeling like I was constantly in an earthquake. That Monday morning I called my doctor to let him know of the tremors and some other side effects were developing and what do I do. He basically told me to keep at it and they should go away. Fast forward and I have a week left on the med and I'm really messed up. I have violent tremors, my ADHD is back to where it was when I was like 10 years old (basically uncontrollable), insomnia and the worst my heart rate was become difficult to control along with my blood pressure being dangerously low. Finally on Wednesday January 25th my heart rate was out of control and I was about to pass out. I was rushed to the ER around 7:30 pm. I checked into the ER with a 135 beats per minute heart rate and my blood pressure was 86/52. VERY dangerous and not good. I spent the night there because although my heart rate was brought back down to at least the low 90's my blood pressure wouldn't come up above 92/64. FINALLY at around 6am they felt it was "safe" for me to head home. I was discharged 12+ hours later and went home and went to bed after some food. A week later (2/1) I was in my doctor's office and even then I was still having all the violent side effects including the low blood pressure and high heart rate. He pulled me off work. Immediately the meds were adjusted back to the 50mg dose and I was told that it's going to take 3-5 weeks for my body to return to normal. We're really hoping no permanent damage was done.
As of today, and making this post I am still having some issues but they certainly aren't as bad as they were a week ago. A little progress is better then no progress at all. Time will tell as it usually does if there's any permanency to the side effects.
This quote was shared with me and I'd like to share it with others since it's so true in my case.
‎Health brings a freedom very few realise, until they no longer have it.

;D So I have stayed away because simply typing was impossible let alone controlling my characters. When I tried to play I'd mistype words etc just locking in and I had ZERO mouse control. Weakness has been another huge side effect and I'd be thankful at the end of a small dish washing session that 1) I could now rest and 2) I didn't drop and /or break anything. I now can say people with tremor diseases ......................... shit I take my hat off to them.
Anyways. I've rambled on enough and this post has now taken me WAY to long to create *sigh*.
Thanks for listening all. Hope to be back full time soon and remember, please be kind and patient. I'm not the most mobile still and moving my characters in game takes effort and patience on my part. ;D
Hugs n <3 to you all.
Zed

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Siliverin
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nazgrel, Nesingwary, Dalaran

Re: Why I was off game for a while

Unread post by Siliverin »

aw rex /hugs

take your time your health is way more important then some game. Hope everything works out for you health wise and the tremors stop.
Sig by Kurenio!
Anansi wrote:But OJC is just Old Jumper Cliff, a cranky old crazy guy who hops around making grunting noises to scare away children and small animals. Not sure if he's tamable, probably not.
Siliverin
Credit to Seilahyn and Kurenio for the avatars
Ardawen
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Lots of servers (all EU)

Unread post by Ardawen »

I hope everything will work out. Sometimes i wish doctors took more care of their patients, looks like your should have taken you down from the high dose earlier.
sallysquish
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Eldre Thalas

Unread post by sallysquish »

yikes! I'm just glad you managed to survive all that. What an awful ordeal. (((hugs)))