Your Salvation has arrived!

Use this forum to chat about the various incarnations of the forum-based guilds.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Jadein92
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore, Thrall

Re: Your Salvation has arrived!

Unread post by Jadein92 »

*takes all the cookies*
Attachments
memes-me-eat-all-cookies.jpg
memes-me-eat-all-cookies.jpg (22.22 KiB) Viewed 3290 times

Art by FlailingKitty on Flight Rising

Ketchaeatcha
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Ketchaeatcha »

As much as I hate the taste of crow (actually I lie, the flying rats are delicious) I have to admit that perhaps my eyes have become clouded by past events to the point I have become predisposed to see the worst of people in certain situations.

Perhaps you meant to stand on our doorstep and track dirt across the carpet, very quite possibly not. If I have misinterpreted your intent then I apologize.

But given the past interactions between our guilds I would be interested in talking to you and seeing if we can settle the things that have been causing friction... perhaps via competitive swan diving into the ocean with extra credit given to pithy battle cries on the way down.

Edit: changed pity to Pithy... felt that was a somewhat important change
"Allzu klug ist dumm" (Too clever is stupid)
~German Proverb
Ikutai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ikutai »

Ketchaeatcha wrote:As much as I hate the taste of crow (actually I lie, the flying rats are delicious) I have to admit that perhaps my eyes have become clouded by past events to the point I have become predisposed to see the worst of people in certain situations.

Perhaps you meant to stand on our doorstep and track dirt across the carpet, very quite possibly not. If I have misinterpreted your intent then I apologize.

But given the past interactions between our guilds I would be interested in talking to you and seeing if we can settle the things that have been causing friction... perhaps via competitive swan diving into the ocean with extra credit given to pithy battle cries on the way down.

Edit: changed pity to Pithy... felt that was a somewhat important change
I am all for settling things between our two guilds. The server is big enough for two Petopian guilds.

"The days are short, and are too soon over. The nights, for good or bad, can seem endless." - Neil Gaiman

Signature by the illustrious Saturo

"Steps 3 through 47: Profit!" - Steampunk of Nesingwary

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I have no quarrel with any of you. I want to enjoy my new guild and guildies.
Ketchaeatcha
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Well why not take my jest and make it truth? competitive swan dive between our two guilds, best battlecry on the way down wins? (we can get someone random from org to judge perhaps?)

I'll even post a 25,000 gold prize to the best cry to motivate our members (less as a fellow AH PvPer you want to cover half the cost? it's fine if you don't, given it's my fool idea you shouldn't feel any obligation)

If it goes well perhaps we can make it a monthly occurrence? if we are to have a rivalry why not make it tongue in cheek?
~German Proverb
Chakori
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chakori »

Teigan wrote:Uh...yeah. Back to the point, its a nice guild, casual raiding...um. Its out there, anyway. I think we needed some people for raids...*looks around nervously and throws cookies*
Cookies I see ... Tempted but are these cookies worth me making a new account over cas if not i demand more sprikles!
(yey making jokes)

Also still trying to make drama making your guild look bad, get over yourself please -.- I loved how the old Petopia guild did stuff and since I couldn't be on the realm (DAMN YOU EU-NESS) it was great seeing people join together like that. But you actions makes you seem so bitter over change and the fact other people have a different view.
How about stopping it ... Talking to Sal's GM finding out the true issue ... Finding there isn't one and getting on your merry way to being that awesome guild that made people move to that realm to begin with D:

Ketchaeatcha
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Actually this is a honest offer, if I did allow my vision to become clouded then setting this up is my apology, and if while we have some fun we can see if we can work out some issues then even better... if as you say the issues were all in my head then at least we had some fun.
~German Proverb
Ikutai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ikutai »

Ketchaeatcha wrote:Well why not take my jest and make it truth? competitive swan dive between our two guilds, best battlecry on the way down wins? (we can get someone random from org to judge perhaps?)

I'll even post a 25,000 gold prize to the best cry to motivate our members (less as a fellow AH PvPer you want to cover half the cost? it's fine if you don't, given it's my fool idea you shouldn't feel any obligation)

If it goes well perhaps we can make it a monthly occurrence? if we are to have a rivalry why not make it tongue in cheek?
I would fully support a Salvation versus Petopians War Game. Would be interesting.

"The days are short, and are too soon over. The nights, for good or bad, can seem endless." - Neil Gaiman

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Didn't know there was a rivalry o.O But sure....
Ketchaeatcha
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

I'm uncertain about a war game, given that you're raiders and we are for the most part not I wonder how we would balance the levels/gears/experiences... I think it would be best to arrange a field upon which we all stand equal.

Though if you're not a fan of cliff diving and can think of another contest were we all stand an even chance I'd be happy to hear it
~German Proverb
Ikutai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ikutai »

A war game is between level 85's in a BG. In PvP we're all far closer to equal.

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Some are more equal than others.
Ketchaeatcha
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

But as mentioned both guilds have people below lv 85 who might want a chance at the money, secondly we're trying to find something enjoyable to all.. PvP is a special cup of tea that not all like the taste of, lastly given the disagreements we've had shooting at each other (at least for the first event) might not foster that sense of fun and enjoyment that we're going for.

I'm not nixing the idea of a war game totally, but I think it might not be where we want to start
~German Proverb
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

However, if there is this festering resentment you seem to think there is it may prove cathartic.
Ketchaeatcha
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Which has a 50% chance of addressing point 3, leaving point 1, 2 & part of point three still valid.

Again I'm not saying it can't happen, just not sure it's the best place to start... I'm willing to put the cash prize towards any event that provides an even chance of victory despite char level, equipment, etc (I know an argument can be made that there is no contest completely even, I'm just aiming for something as balanced and open to as wide a range of people as possible)

Anyway I have to hit the sack so I'm not a wreck at work tomorrow, let me know if you come up with any ideas that sound good to you guys that you think everyone could have fun with.
~German Proverb
Moonlost
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord (Horde), Moonguard (Alliance)

Unread post by Moonlost »

Hold on, now who sounds snippy and unfriendly. *Bops Salvation on the nose*
Keth looks like he's trying to bury the hatchet, or at least that's how I perceive it by the posts in this thread alone. And he brings up some valid points which deserve some consideration. Not everyone is going to enjoy a PvP match, there are plenty of people here who are either a) Not good at it or b) Don't like to PvP much. There's nothing wrong with that. Gear is also something to bring into consideration, a good PvE set is still better than a poor PvP set.
At the same time, the competitive swandive idea, although certainly intriguing (at least to me), feels... unstructured. It would have to be judged by a neutral party, lest personal bias come into play. How would it be scored? Two people jump and shout their warcries, the team with the better one gets the point? Or is it an individual score thing? It would also have to have a more of a ruleset, as I'm afraid it could easily turn into an insult match which would do nobody any good.

Let me offer this idea instead. Don't make it a single event, instead shoot to make it a "Nesingwary Olympics", with various events that are able to suit people of all gear levels and play styles. Let's say four events spread out over the course of a month, set on a day where neither guild is doing any raiding/PvPing or other events, with an opening and closing ceremony on the first and last day of the month respectfully. The prize, which I personally feel should be offered up by both parties, should be awarded not to a specific player, but to the guild that does the best. Perhaps another prize offered up to the MVP of each guild.
As for what other events could take place, or perhaps just an alternative for the singular, decide it all event? Well, how about a Raid Race? Each Guild throws together a team and heads to one of the many available raids out there. Let's randomly say AQ 40, as it's large enough with a few trick bosses that might pose a challenge, but also low enough level so that non-85s stand at least a little bit of a chance. Or maybe Black Temple or ICC. Regardless, both teams enter the instance at the same time, and the first guild to completely clear all the bosses inside is crowned the winner.
Or perhaps just a regular old naked race, hard to go wrong with one of those. Level 1 alts running from one side of the continent to the other. First person to cross the finish line is crowned the winner.

Regardless of all my blathering and spewing out random ideas, I do hope that whatever this unpleasantness is can be fixed and maybe that some fun can be had along the way.

~

On the topic of Salvation as a guild; I've not really been too active on my horde characters as of late, as I personally find myself playing with my alliance guild more often than not. (Evolution for the win! *Gets attacked for her shameless Plug* )
But, with that said, the time I have spent in Salvation has been nothing but pleasant. Very relaxed atmosphere, with people willing to help and have a little bit of fun along the way. In my humble opinion, it's a guild you cannot go wrong with. Just wish that I had more time to really get to know everyone there, as opposed to being a name that logs on once every two or three days for a few minutes.

Nili
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Khadgar EU

Unread post by Nili »

See, I didn't even bring my popcorn to this post. If someone wants to advertise their guild here, that's fine and dandy by me. Heck, on my realm, Khadgar -EU, I'm the guild master of a very non-petopian focused guild. We're an everything guild, who just happens to have a guild master that is a massive hunter nerd!

I don't care about past drama's, I couldn't give a rat's-ass about what happened. All I see is another opportunity for a petopian to join a not-so-petopian focused guild. Don't bring drama to posts, I had to learn that they hard way (although the section that I caused drama is now a much more peaceful place because of it), take it to PMs if you disagree that this recruitment should be here.

TLDR?
No one cares about guild drama. Ever.

Thanks to Zhuge for the pretty siggy and avatarz
Nili's cavez Wishlist: Nilia Pgymy.CB Thunder. CB Daydream.
realm: 179 (hunter: 10)

Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Jelani »

*sits on both guilds* Moo..

As someone who talks to people in both guilds I personally think there can be 2 kind of events. A lowbie one and the PVP Wargames. I know most of the "issues" that were had were by the people with 85's so the Wargames might be better for agression XD But the lowbies not affected by the issues would want to be a part of this new "guild war". So we can make something new up. Like maybe another naked gnome race or something..Something fun :) We have done fun lowbie things in the past. we are creative enough to think of others.

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Ketchaeatcha
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

A multi part event has merit I think, perhaps break it into three parts so there isn't the possibility for a tie? Lv 1 event race or arena battle could be fun (always found the sting of PvP isn't present when it's a lv 1 throw away char), had success with trivia contests in the past of course, perhaps a flying race as well?

but as said I'm open to most events, just let me know
~German Proverb
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Sad to hear you decline our offer of war games. That would have been fun. Those at least would be clearcut. If this hostile rivalry between guilds is present as you claim, how could those other types of events be judged fairly, even if people had room to make throwaway characters for them?