Your Salvation has arrived!

Use this forum to chat about the various incarnations of the forum-based guilds.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Ikutai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Your Salvation has arrived!

Unread post by Ikutai »

Hi there! Are you a new member freshly arrived to the shores of Nesingwary? Perhaps you're a veteran whose been on the server for awhile. Whatever your reason, have you become disenfranchised? Was your experience not what you expected? Things not living up to your expectations? Well, I'm here to tell you that <Salvation> is here for you! A small and progressive casual raiding guild, level 25, with full perks. Home to such notable Former Petopians as: Steampunk, Zapthrottle, Teigan, Zinagaro, and others! Let us be your SALVATION! We're more than happy to have you!

"The days are short, and are too soon over. The nights, for good or bad, can seem endless." - Neil Gaiman

Signature by the illustrious Saturo

"Steps 3 through 47: Profit!" - Steampunk of Nesingwary

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: Your Salvation has arrived!

Unread post by Teigan »

Three cheers for Salvation! Great guild, nice members, no drama-trauma, plus the chance to raid current content!
Ketchaeatcha
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Ketchaeatcha »

No...

I did not mind when you decided to leave, after all the right to vote with your feet is the prerogative of any member of a collective, if we cannot fill your need then you certainly have the right to find what you're looking for anywhere else you want to search for it.

I didn't object when you and some of your members seemed to decide that the petopains leadership was somehow out to get you both individually and as a group, though I was somewhat confused by your ability to portray us both as incompetent stogies and machiavellian conspirators at the same time. (personally if I was out to blemish someone's character I would pick one line of attack and stick to it)

But as a courtesy please don't come into our house and post your dissatisfaction here, if there is a member of petopains who decides they want to leave then they are perfectly capable of arriving at that decision on their own. If they decide to come to your guild they are perfectly capable of arriving at that decision themselves as well, your posting here with this message just threatens to re-open the cans of crazy that we closed with your departure.
"Allzu klug ist dumm" (Too clever is stupid)
~German Proverb
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

I'm merely stating I'm happy with the new guild. I have no problem with you or anyone else. I guess I'm just a "can of crazy" as you say, though! :lol: I guess I can't be on the forums if I'm not in Petopians anymore? <3 you too!
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Teigan wrote:I'm merely stating I'm happy with the new guild. I have no problem with you or anyone else. I guess I'm just a "can of crazy" as you say, though! :lol: I guess I can't be on the forums if I'm not in Petopians anymore? <3 you too!
Should I leave the forums too cos I anit in the guild?
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

cowmuflage wrote:
Teigan wrote:I'm merely stating I'm happy with the new guild. I have no problem with you or anyone else. I guess I'm just a "can of crazy" as you say, though! :lol: I guess I can't be on the forums if I'm not in Petopians anymore? <3 you too!
Should I leave the forums too cos I anit in the guild?
By that logic a large chunk of the forum base would have to leave the forums. ;)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Ketchaeatcha
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

and I'm merely stating that posting a recruitment post on the forums of another guild is somewhat beyond the pale... and of course I <3 you Teigs, but our love must be a secret hidden from all, who knows what could happen if trace of it was posted where others could see?
~German Proverb
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

No offense Ketch, but this isn't the first guild recruitment I've seen on these forums.
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewforum.php?f=20

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

My thoughts exactly....Petopians (the forum species, not the guild species) DO recruit here. And, we have a number of forum Petopians and former guild Petopians. I think we qualify. We ain't out to get ya....
Chakori
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chakori »

So your saying people can't post Guild recuitment on a World of Warcraft forum ....?
Guess my plan of using this forum to help my guild recuit are going out the window along with every one else who has already posted guild recuitment on the forum ... *eyes roll*

I don't really care much on the guild drama that might of happened ... Heck Im not even a US player?! And hey if I was and looking for a new Guild I would love to see some on here deal with it >.>
I see no hate towards any guild in this post, I see mentioning of other forum users and great to see they are having to guild issues right now.

(Sorry if I came off harsh but sorry they ain't doing anything wrong no naming and shaming here)

Ikutai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ikutai »

Ketchaeatcha wrote:But as a courtesy please don't come into our house and post your dissatisfaction here, if there is a member of petopains who decides they want to leave then they are perfectly capable of arriving at that decision on their own. If they decide to come to your guild they are perfectly capable of arriving at that decision themselves as well, your posting here with this message just threatens to re-open the cans of crazy that we closed with your departure.
Your logic is flawed.

Look at the "petopian guild" section of this forum. There are mighty and plenty of guilds advertising. There happens to be two guilds on Nesingwary now with Petopian members, all we're doing is offering them a choice. I'm sorry you do not like choices in your worldview.

"The days are short, and are too soon over. The nights, for good or bad, can seem endless." - Neil Gaiman

Turgus
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ravencrest

Unread post by Turgus »

Personally I find no problem with them posting a recruitment post as the forum title is "Petopian Guilds" and I think that the title applies as they are members of Petopia, and have a guild that some people might be interested in joining.

I found their post to be quite friendly and open.

Maybe I am missing some sort of background or drama, but I thought that being friendly and open was what Petopia is all about.
Ketchaeatcha
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Let me clarify since I seem to have been unclear... the part I have a problem with is this

"Whatever your reason, have you become disenfranchised? Was your experience not what you expected? Things not living up to your expectations? "

There has been some tension in the past between our guilds (Salvation & Petopians), tension that has not been helped by instances such as whispers to our members by one of theirs (the originator of this thread) claiming that Petopians was about to crumble and they should get out now and a place was open to them in Salvation.

If people want to say "Hey I have a guild look me up!" That's fine.. this was not that post
If people want to hang out and chat up huntering whether they're in this guild or not that's fine... this was not that post

This was a post on the website where Petopians (Nesingwary) is based asking our people to leave their current guild and join another... as was once said the free speech ends where my nose begins. Looking at how the sentence was started I think that a solid whack has been aimed at our collective Schnoz... If someone decides to leave petopians and join any guild (including Salvation) then by all means they are within their rights to do so, what I have a problem with is someone coming into our home and stirring the pot like this
~German Proverb
Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Paranoid much? LOL How does "disenfranchised" have ANYTHING to do with your guild?!? And, my dear boy, this is our home too.....last I checked.
Ikutai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ikutai »

I'm afraid your premise is untrue. Paranoia got the best of you?

There are many members on this forum. There are some on Nesingwary that do not belong to Petopians, as shocking as that may seem.

The opening statement is open to interpretation, but let me give you the gist of my intention: It was a blanket statement, applicable to ANYone on the server, regardless of their current guild. Now, trying to rehash old drama between our two guilds and naming me thusly? That's naming and shaming, and you should know better.

Rule number Two of the Forum:
No 'naming & shaming': If you want to criticize the behavior of others, in-game and out, make sure that they cannot be identified. (Public figures are an exception, of course.)
bolding added by me for emphasis
Last edited by Ikutai on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chakori
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chakori »

Ok I moved from Auchindoun to Sylvanas to join a guild which didnt live up to my expectations and I looked for another guild on that realm which had pritty much the same line to it, I don't agree with any ingame spam of 'Hey leave your guild join ours'. I am not saying what they are doing is good what your doing is bad. But really are we all now so stupid and just so touchy on every god damn matter that gets posted on here that we feel the need to post a negative comment?
Im not trying to point fingers or blame people Im trying to make you see that your just making it worse.
Let them do what they want they can/will/might bother the hell outta another guilds members ingame, hey glad we have a ignore feature right?
If they log onto a guild site making a post to leave a guild ... Delete the post!
This is Petopia FORUM! Not a guild website so they are free to post here all they like.

Stop making drama where its not needed please otherwise it will scare people off!

Again getting sick of writting this in every post I make since people feel like I am personally coming after them Im not Im merely pointing something out if in anywayI hurt or offend you please come tell me so hopefully we can sort it out. Maybe the two GM's need to sit down and talk?

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

There was no ingame spam requesting anyone to do anything. I believe that was taken out of context from a personal conversation between a former member of Petopians and current member. What it is doing here is beyond me.....And, yeah, this isn't a guild site. There IS no a guild site for Petopians. I suggested one when I was an officer, but it never materialized.
I am confused as to why he is causing drama like this. Petopians has always been known for being a friendly, open guild with a no-drama policy. I personally have many pleasant memories from my time there. We simply grew apart. It happens.
Jadein92
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore, Thrall

Unread post by Jadein92 »

On a side note, Salvation is a really good guild, the time i've spent there has been rather pleasant and I plan for it to stay that way :) Yay Salvation!

Art by FlailingKitty on Flight Rising

Chakori
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Chakori »

So far the drama just makes Salvation look better bye bye drama to give each guild a chance please <3

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Uh...yeah. Back to the point, its a nice guild, casual raiding...um. Its out there, anyway. I think we needed some people for raids...*looks around nervously and throws cookies*