Looking for a guild

Use this forum to chat about the various incarnations of the forum-based guilds.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Peri

Looking for a guild

Unread post by Peri »

Hi

I hope this is in the correct place, if not please forgive and direct me to the proper forum.

I am a older player, who has played WOW on and off for several years. I became interested in MMO's when my sons got me started in Star Wars Galaxies. I quit SWG when my beloved creature handler was no longer a class and eliminated from the game. I began playing WOW at that time for the hunter and the pets. It was at that time that I discovered Petopia and what a cool site it is!

My husband underwent open heart surgery and due to his health issues I quit playing any MMO's for a time. I went back to SWG when they introduced Beast Master, played that until SOE/Lucas Arts pulled the plug in December 2011. It has been a cruel blow :cry: , and only those who have a deep affinity to their pixel pets can understand. I have half-heartedly tried SWTOR, but Lucas Art’s refusal to allow two Star Wars based games just irritates the heck out of me and I just can’t get into it.

I have played WOW on and off and have all of the expansions through Cataclysm. One of the reasons I never stuck with it was due to the fact that I could never find a guild or anyone else who was as crazy about pets as I am. I am not very good at PVP, raids, etc. I just like exploring the WOW world with my pets, I enjoy fishing and I like the PVE aspect of the game. I received an invite for 7 free days of play and an update of any toon to lvl 80. I did that on my human hunter, but now I am thinking that maybe that was a mistake as she was only lvl 10 and now only has lvl 10 gear. I have decided to re-up my WOW account.

I went back to Petopia to check on any new pets, found the Petopia forum link and discovered that there are Petopia guilds. It seems like there would be like minded individuals here. So I am looking for a guild that is more the mature side and a guild that loves pets. I am in the PST zone. I also have a lvl 67 Night Elf hunter (she is the highest I have gotten). I would be willing to transfer a toon or create new toon. I have played both horde and alliance and tend to play more on the alliance side because I like horse mounts :mrgreen: . But over all I enjoy hunter of either side and I look forward to hearing from someone.

Thanks for your time.
Venataur
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Re: Looking for a guild

Unread post by Venataur »

Welcome!! We have a Horde side guild (petopians) and an alliance side guild as well (Petopian Alliance) Feel free to log in and send anyone that you see on in either guild a /whisper and they will be happy to get you to someone who can help!

Venataur.
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Welcome to the forums Peri!

Just as Venataur described, there is a Petopian guild for both factions. We all share in an obsession over hunter pets ... you are in good company among us :D

It should be noted that both guilds, Petopians and Petopian Alliance, are on the Nesingwary realm (U.S.).
Just type /who "guild name" (minus the ") in your chat bar to display a list of members currently playing. Not all of us are able to invite but we'll be more than happy to direct you to someone who can if that happens.

When you have the opportunity, you might also want to check out the Guild Rules here on the forums to gain an understanding of who we are and what we stand for as a whole.

Happy Hunting! We look forward to having you join our family!

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Ceravan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar (alliance), Nesingwary (horde)

Unread post by Ceravan »

If anything, I can invite on both sides, so if you have an Alliance toon, or can make one, hop on and do a /who Petopian Alliance
ask for Nug, and someone will point you in the right direction. Then I can invite you there, or hop on hordeside and do it there.

Welcome to the boards, and we're all crazy, not just about pets, but crazy period, hope you have fun.