A word of explanation concerning my behavior

Use this forum to chat about the various incarnations of the forum-based guilds.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

A word of explanation concerning my behavior

Unread post by Teigan »

Against the advice of a former friend and my better judgement, I feel I have to explain myself. You guys remember how I used to be an officer in Petopians and then for a few wonderful months was guild leader of Petopian Alliance? And then, for all appearances said "screw you all" and took off? I just wanted to explain why. I also feel I have nothing left to lose as far as the Petopian community is concerned. I have more enemies than friends here now. Actually, I don't have many of my friends left from Petopians now. As some of you may know, I've struggled with depression and anxiety for some time. When it flares up, I get really bad. When I took over leadership of Petopian Alliance, I thought I could handle the responsibility, since I'd been stable for some time, and I loved those guilds and the community in them. I was so excited to be leading PA with my former good friend Korii leading Petopians. I felt like I could help make PA as wonderful of a community as Petopians was and is. And then I cracked. Again. It was precipitated by a simple disagreement among officers, something that should have been discussed and dismissed. But tell that to my crazy little head when I'm depressed...long story short, I lost it and let down a community of people I valued. Then proceeded to behave like a total jerk to try and hide the hurt and embarrassment. I am sorry for that. I've lost pretty much every friend I had made in Petopians, and lost the community and guild I valued so highly. So, for those of you, and I know you're out there, who are bitter towards me for what I did...yes, I have been "punished" sufficiently, if that makes you feel better. And believe me, I beat myself up for what I did on a regular basis.

I'm not expecting sympathy, forgiveness or pity. I just wanted to tell you guys why I did what I did, even tho it doesn't make that much sense, even to me. Just know that I didn't abandon my responsibilities out of a lack of caring. Don't think that I didn't care about my guildies. I just was convinced it was best for me to go, and that it was better for everyone that I did.

On the upside, I'm going to therapy regularly now. I've lost my job over this latest episode of depression crap, and am putting off graduation from college. But at least I'm getting help.
Morven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Re: A word of explanation concerning my behavior

Unread post by Morven »

Sometimes ... one needs to hit bottom in order to be able to climb back up. And to face what one has to do in order to succeed at it.
Nefretiti
Realm: Durotan US,Saurfang, Staghelm

Unread post by Nefretiti »

:hug:
Don't be afraid to go for your dreams.
Reach for the moon and if you miss it reach out and grab a star.

Venataur
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Venataur »

Im still good for hugs in game!
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

Venataur wrote:Im still good for hugs in game!
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :mrgreen:

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Everyone loses it once in a while, and when RL things are already boiling and something happens while you're playing WOW, on your "relax time" it can be a bit overwhelming.

If anyone is "hot" about what happened, they'll cool down eventually. It'll get better
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Thank you for the kind words.