Guild Event Scenes

Use this forum to chat about the various incarnations of the forum-based guilds.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Re: Guild Event Scenes

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Sarayana wrote:I wanted to mention this above, but I thought consensus was against ventrilo... Someone was explaining how they do hide & seek in their guild: seeker turns off names and alt-z, then everyone else tries to blend in in whatever city they're in for the game. The seeker needs to then find everyone and emote them. Some people went so far as to find armor that matched city armor etc. Sounds like a blast, and it'd definitely make it harder. You could turn that around and have a lot of seekers with a few hiders...

Either way, you'd need vent for it.
Yeah that was the link I posted for the Stormwind Hide and Seek. It was pretty wild..especially that one guy as a guard!

As for Vent....if we get one, I certainly wouldn't mind it. I could probably only chat on weekends though. I do live in a dorm, and I don't want my roomie thinking I'm crazier than I already am by talking to myself, XD

Barring that, I think WoW has an internalized chat system...I'm sure I've used it before. It's a little fuzzy, but if you feel like just chatting with people you can always group up and use that.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Sarayana
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

Sorry, didn't see your link Velkyn. >_<

And it's true about the built in system. I used it for a bit while leveling back when.

About vent, I doubt I'd be using it much outside of specific events. My husband and I play together in the same room, so I wouldn't want to just exclude him from my gaming time by putting on a headset and chatting with everyone else.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Loudspeakers?

And i'm unlikely to put the server online fo you guys anyway. It'll be in the middle of the night for me, while it's your daytime. Besides, electricity is a bit too expensive to just have the server on all day/night. If you let me know about a week ahead I can put it up tough.

And yes, the in-game system is a bit... Odd... And if you want cross-faction VoIP, like my suggestion originally was, it won't work.

If you want to put up your own server I can provide links to a server and a compatible client. Just so you know, if you want more than seven people at the same time without sacrificing WoW latency, you'll have to use a separate computer to host the server.
Last edited by Saturo on Sun Feb 21, 2010 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Sarayana

I know that there are some free services out there too, apart from hosting your own vent server. My husband did all the research before setting something up for our guild, so I'll ask him about it when he gets back.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

Sarayana wrote:I know that there are some free services out there too, apart from hosting your own vent server. My husband did all the research before setting something up for our guild, so I'll ask him about it when he gets back.
Ah, that'd be nice, hehe. Thanks.

Yeah, ingame voice chat is just so... lacking. I never use it, hehe.

One plus I suppose to having a vent server (or something similar) is that we could be aware of each other no matter which toons we're all on.

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

So that I don't have to make a new topic for every event we have, I'll put some info here.

We have a rousing game of hide and seek today, in the seaside town of Booty Bay! What? No this wasn't an excuse to have an all guild orgy! Don't be ridiculous!!

Here are some screenshots submitted by Jakkra!
http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r138 ... g&newest=1
I found him in that spot!
http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r138 ... g&newest=1
But not this one...

And here Arwyn simply captured a LOVELY screen shot of us all at the sunset, getting reading to have another round!
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/9597/wowlpo.jpg

We all had great fun, and hope to see even more people at next week's event!

Guild events are open to ANYONE in the guild, all levels, doesn't matter how long you have been a member. They are on Friday, at 8:00 PM Nesingwary US server time. Hope to see you there! ;)
Last edited by Ryno on Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Jakkra
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow US

Unread post by Jakkra »

Hmm... mine don't seem to be working :<

Oh well, that was some fun times. I think this was my favorite event yet! :D

PS- imma she, Ryno! Well, not my tauren, I guess..
Last edited by Jakkra on Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sarayana

They don't work because Rynoh copied and pasted the line from the PM. the forums "abbreviate" links with the ellipses, but it breaks links when you copy and paste. He's just got to edit by opening the links and copying the url from the address bar.

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master

Unread post by Ryno »

Jakkra wrote:imma she, Ryno!
Ah, my mistake! My apologies.
Sarayana wrote:They don't work because Rynoh copied and pasted the line from the PM. the forums "abbreviate" links with the ellipses, but it breaks links when you copy and paste. He's just got to edit by opening the links and copying the url from the address bar.
Should be fixed now.

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

Hehe.
I'll have to edit the thread's title to reflect which event the pics will be coming from since these Friday events are HUGE attractions.
rubybeam

Unread post by rubybeam »

ah i missed it again.... i should get the title the party pooper
Awesome signature by the awesome pengupuff!
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Bit late on uploading these, but they're from last Friday's event. We did a man-hunt in Stranglethorn, which was a bit difficult as we had a few lowbies to protect and it didn't always work out so well. :(

But before that we had a DANCE BALL DANCE PARTY curtesy of Grimmgor!!!!

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons