Star Wars The Old Republic! December 2011 ~ Beta in Sept!

Use this forum to chat about the various incarnations of the forum-based guilds.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Alonsus

Re: Star Wars TOR Guild (We Have Cookies!) Recruitment

Unread post by bluddy »

ok i'll see if i join this game or not :P

besides is it possible anywhere to see on the site which race can play which class? can't see it at the humanoids section so far =/
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Bluddy, you have to sort through the forum posts to see about what races, its still not fully revealed yet (humans for all classes is confirmed though). I recently added info on good places on the 2nd post on this thread, check out those forum pages, they have a lot of information on the classes. I am personally hoping for a Miraluka to be able to be SITH (so far only Republic), just cause I like the concept of that race.

Sith Warrior:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=96502

Sith Inquisitor:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=168236

Imperial Agent:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=189238

Bounty Hunter:
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=95752

(put again here for convienance)

ALSO: Check out this trailer that shows a Flashpoint (dungeon): http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20110312
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by bluddy »

grmbl...;the site doesn't let me make an account...everythings positive + accepting terms, either way i'll try again anytime soon.
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

ahh shucks... not letting you get through?
bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by bluddy »

grmbl..tried again..now with help from dad yet it declines to create my DartNarrow meh...i'll get in soon...i hope :S
bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by bluddy »

and tried severel times so far yet it keeps saying

We have encountered an error

Sorry, you do not meet the criteria

to create an account at this time...

None of us can find out what were doing wrong at home...
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

What age did you sign up with? I think you need to say 18+ to get an account.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Royi

Unread post by Royi »

yeah perhaps (if you're under 18) say you were born in 1988 just to be safe. They dont have a Year-Police so you wont have anything to worry about.

I looked at the registration thing again, and thats the only thing I can think of. Unless you're username that you want is taken and you might be overlooking that.

Let us know if you have any other problems bluddy
bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by bluddy »

an e-mail has been send and will arrive shortly... P.S. changed name since DartNarrow didn't end up sounding all that great later in the end...named myself Snodaard...which is a dutch translation well *snoodaard* for person with evil intentions^^

EDIT

hrm it seems there is an difference between european and US servers... when searching for cookis...most US east but also one Europe :/
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

bluddy wrote:an e-mail has been send and will arrive shortly... P.S. changed name since DartNarrow didn't end up sounding all that great later in the end...named myself Snodaard...which is a dutch translation well *snoodaard* for person with evil intentions^^

EDIT

hrm it seems there is an difference between european and US servers... when searching for cookis...most US east but also one Europe :/

Look for the name Emersyn. Its under West Coast I think (PST)
bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by bluddy »

applied ^^
Cerah
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Alterac Mtns, Maelstrom, Nesingwary, Silver Hand

Unread post by Cerah »

The Imperial Agent looks like a fun class -- like a rogue mixed with a hunter, and you're doing the Empire's dirty work! Plus, you can play as a Chiss! I love Chiss!!! I'm such a Grand Admiral Thrawn fangirl it's a little embarassing.

I really can't handle more than one MMO at a time though, or I'd be over there in a heartbeat.

Have fun with this game, everyone who can handle more than one virtual life :)

Visit Pop Seagull Publishing
Original Canadian Science Fiction, Fantasy and Horror
Sleep is Temporary. Reading is Forever!

Arantxa
Realm: Smolderthorn

Unread post by Arantxa »

I played SWG for many years(almost since launch) in the Starsider server. Few years back I de-activated the accounts (between my husband and I we have 6) and went on to play other games, ending up with WoW. I have heard from friends that TOR seems promising. I really havent read much about it but is this a new swg game or those who have accounts would be able to play it? Just wondering.

Thanks!
"All of the animals except for man know that the principle business of life is, to enjoy it."
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Arantxa wrote:I played SWG for many years(almost since launch) in the Starsider server. Few years back I de-activated the accounts (between my husband and I we have 6) and went on to play other games, ending up with WoW. I have heard from friends that TOR seems promising. I really havent read much about it but is this a new swg game or those who have accounts would be able to play it? Just wondering.

Thanks!
Its entirely a new game. You can go over to http://www.swtor.com and post in the forums LF SWG players ___ server etc. There are a few of those topics circulating of people looking for potential others that they used to play with from SWG.

Feel free to take a look :) If you want to you're welcome to join our little guild on there as well

Cerah wrote:The Imperial Agent looks like a fun class -- like a rogue mixed with a hunter, and you're doing the Empire's dirty work! Plus, you can play as a Chiss! I love Chiss!!! I'm such a Grand Admiral Thrawn fangirl it's a little embarassing.

I really can't handle more than one MMO at a time though, or I'd be over there in a heartbeat.

Have fun with this game, everyone who can handle more than one virtual life :)
If you want to give it a shot ever feel free to send me a message later on. I will still lurk these forums even if I fully switch to SWTOR (which I'm planning on doing)
Arantxa
Realm: Smolderthorn

Unread post by Arantxa »

Thanks for the information and I will certainly check the website you mentioned. It's not easy to handle so many games but heck having played swg for so many years and I did enjoy it (until so many changes came about), I wouldn't mind giving it a try. I wonder if it's totally and completely different or if it has similarities that I am familiar with (I guess I should check huh).

Thanks for the invite to your guild, if I do decide, I will definitely join! :)
"All of the animals except for man know that the principle business of life is, to enjoy it."
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

Arantxa wrote:Thanks for the information and I will certainly check the website you mentioned. It's not easy to handle so many games but heck having played swg for so many years and I did enjoy it (until so many changes came about), I wouldn't mind giving it a try. I wonder if it's totally and completely different or if it has similarities that I am familiar with (I guess I should check huh).

Thanks for the invite to your guild, if I do decide, I will definitely join! :)
Sure NP. The game itself it alot like Knights of the Old Republic mixed with Warcraft I would say. It has the dungeon feel to it, but in the middle of dungeons or in the outside realm, you will come across dialogue choices that will affect what happens next (just imagine if you could have a choice in certain quests in WOW even, "No Magatha Grimtotem, I'm not going to save you, I'm just going to kill you" And then BAM, Magatha is dead for you forever (or at least for that Flashpoint (dungeon))

They also have mentioned that choices you make when you're level 10 will affect the gameplay when you're level 40 and so on as well (like KOTOR or many other RPG games).

Heres a video recently released of a flashpoint (Republic-Scum side though)
http://www.swtor.com/media/trailers/tar ... alkthrough

But Yeah Come and Join! We Have Cookies! A neat thing with how they're setting up the game is that if you sign up on the website, and then sign up with our guild, when you make your first character you will be on the same server as us and immediately be a part of the guild in-game as well.
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

http://www.swtor.com/news/blog/20110408

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sith Warrior Advanced Classes

Sith Marauder (Roles: Close Range Damage Dealing. Wields dual Lightsabers)

Sith Juggernaut (Roles: Close Range Damage Dealing, Tanking. Wields a single Lightsaber)

•As with the Jedi Guardian, we have given the Juggernaut Advanced Class access to a skill tree that focuses on damage dealing using a single Lightsaber. Previously the high damage dealing option was only available to the Marauder Advanced Class.
•Similar to the Jedi Sentinel, the damage dealing-centric Marauder Advanced Class’ offensive arsenal has been significantly reworked and diversified, now allowing for several very different play styles. The Marauder also gained access to a new ability called Force Cloak, granting a short term combat stealth.

Sith Inquisitor Advanced Classes

Sith Assassin (Roles: Close - Mid Range Damage Dealing, Tanking)

Sith Sorcerer (Roles: Mid-Long Range Damage Dealing, Healing)

•Similar to the Jedi Shadow, an Inquisitor trained in the Assassin Advanced Class now are able to fill the role of a tank, if they work their way up the ‘Darkness’ skill tree, which includes abilities to increase defensive Lightsaber capabilities and area-of-effect damage.
•The ‘Madness’ skill tree, shared between both the Assassin and the Sorcerer, has received considerable upgrades with the goal of creating a range/melee hybrid gameplay option.

Bounty Hunter Advanced Classes

Mercenary (Roles: Close - Mid Range Damage Dealing, Healing)

PowerTech (Roles: Mid - Long Range Damage Dealing, Tanking)

•As previously announced, the Bounty Hunter’s Mercenary Advanced Class now features the ‘Bodyguard’ skill tree, allowing this iconic class to fill the role of a medic if desired.
•The ‘Advanced Prototype’ skill tree, shared between both Bounty Hunter ACs, now features an upgrade to the base class flamethrower, which allows the player to rotate while using the ability.

Imperial Agent Advanced Classes

Sniper (Roles: Mid - Long Range Damage Dealing)

Operative (Roles: Close - Mid Range Damage Dealing, Healing)

•The Sniper’s entire skill tree has been reworked to include PvP feedback from internal and external tests. The Sniper is now able to entrench himself, providing a viable initial counter against attacks that would previously knock him out of cover. The Sniper also gained Cover Pulse, a player triggered pulse mine that can knock an unsuspecting attacker away from the Sniper.
•The Operative has received a number of updates aimed at providing an alternative, less cover dependent gameplay option if skilled accordingly. Operatives are now more viable in mid and close range combat, using their stealth field generator to approach the enemy unseen before delivering heavy burst damage with their energy blade.

http://www.swtor.com/guilds/14216/we-have-cookies
bluddy
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by bluddy »

joined on the personal we have cookies site
Royi

Unread post by Royi »

bluddy wrote:joined on the personal we have cookies site
yeah i created a forum topic about that in the Private Forum on the guild site. feel free to check it out (i bounce back and forth from there to here alot)
Moore
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Venture Co.

Unread post by Moore »

http://www.swtor.com/news/blog/20110408

Was reading this, and noticed that they made it so the Sith Warrior Juggernaut advanced class can dps. D: do want.