Rules and Code of Conduct for joining <Petopians> [Outdated]

Use this forum to chat about the various incarnations of the forum-based guilds.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Rules and Code of Conduct for joining <Petopians> [Outdated]

Unread post by Ryno »

Recently, with the large number of people joining US <Petopians>, we've had some problems with behavior. This thread is a must read for new members and old members alike. I'm going to lay out some rules on behavior and how you will be expected to act if you are a member of this guild.

General Behavior:

- Be kind to others in the guild.
If asked to stop something by someone, respect their wishes. If a joke isn't funny to someone, don't keep pulling it. 'Treat others how you would want to be treated' sums up everything I could list here. This should be common sense though.

- Be kind to others NOT in the guild.
Even if someone isn't in the guild, you should try to be nice to them. Honestly, this should go without saying, but some people need it spelled out.

- Don't be obnoxious.
This is a mature guild environment. You can joke around, you can have fun, you can feel at ease here. But don't go too far. If someone whispers you saying you're hitting the edge, take heed of it and back off a bit.

Petopian Specific Behavior:

- Crying wolf.
I've gotton reports of people doing this. Don't do it. Pets are taken seriously in the guild, and it only breaks hearts when you trick them like this. It's a terrible thing to think a pet is up you've been camping for weeks, only to find out it was all a bluff.

- Killing tamable rares.
Killing tamable rares is a no-no. ONLY, and ONLY on rare occasions is it ok. For example, if you have a large group of people that are after the Frostbitten achievement, and they need to kill King Krush or Loque'nahak, and NOONE online needs to tame them, then it could be acceptable. However, if you're running around and spot a tamable rare not part of an achievement and you kill it, regardless if anyone wants to tame it, that is NOT ok.

- Be respectful of spawn camping.
If someone is camping a rare, don't muscle in and expect a fair chance to tame it. If you log in at a rare spawn's area and find someone else has been there for 12 hours straight, take a deep breath, and leave. Even if you've been camping for weeks, logging in to check, it makes it easier to everyone if you don't argue the point and suck it up. There will be more spawns.

- Be respectful of dungeon runs for pets.

When someone organizes a dungeon run specifically to tame a pet, I sincerely doubt they want it messed up. I sincerely hope you do not want to mess it up either. Listen, pay attention, and if you have any doubts to your ability, ask others for advice and help. Also, if someone is going in to tame a rare, don't go in if you wish to tame it too. Organize another run or something. Common courtesy.

If you feel any of these rules have been broken or disregarded in any way shape or form, please contact a guild officer. Guild officers are of the Acolyte rank. A list of guild officers and their alts will be posted below as I get the information organized.

Officer Fworbin, with alts:
Nethral
Rafikan
Winslow

Officer VelkynKarma, with alts:
Taigi
Saor
Valefar
Hadyn
Bloodsun
Dumisani
Virtue

Officer Vephriel*, with alts:
Gazini
Spiders
Mecha
Curse

Officer Korii, with alts:

Dimi
Trousa

Officer Teigan, with alts:
Teigan
Grushdeva
Tanzi
Nyssatha
Saola
Grakashaku
Tizzi
Taslyn

Officer Kalliope, with alts:
Kallimon
Nastaran
Sandwiches

Officer Sochi, with alts:
Shaon
Rexxi*
Minias*
Matalina
Tezca*

Officer Ketchaeatcha*, with alts:
Oldbones
Junkst

Officer Siliverin, with alts:
Voodoocat
Starstrasza
Killjoyy
Soridormi
Sintharia

Officer Ikutai, with alts:
Steampunk
Ikutai
Xemik
Petrolpunk
Dieselpunk
Biopunk
Junglepunk
Cogwrench
Whispervine

Officer Ceravan, with alts:
Nügget
Crásh
Ziro
Hedges
Aftermáth
Genesìs
Twíst
Wídget
Gräves
Zìro

*This toon is not in the guild, however can still act as an officer of the guild and is available if you need an officer.

There ARE more officers not listed here. At this time the alts are not officer status, but they will be soon. Expect updates here.
Last edited by Ryno on Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:16 am, edited 14 times in total.

Ceravan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar (alliance), Nesingwary (horde)

Re: Rules and Code of Conduct for joining <Petopians>

Unread post by Ceravan »

should move this up to announcements, maybe bold or caps the title

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Um the rare thing is that for like rares with a skin only found on them? I remmber a while back I found two rares in the barrens I DID ask every one in the guild if they would like to tame it no one said they wanted to and they said I could kill it so I did :S. If I can remmber right they where both skins easly found on other mobs.

Infact I think you Ryno where online! I did not know of these rules at the time and no one pointed me to them.
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

That's because he just put them up yesterday. ;)

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Zinagaro
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Zinagaro »

Why is it everyone always assumes that an announcement is a personal attack xD

But on to happier notes !

Woot woot for Having rules posted : )

- I Be Indestructible Mon! -

"One thing I've learned about idiots - they are utterly without shame." - Worba

Ryno
Guild Master
Guild Master
Realm: US Grizzly Hills, Deathwing, Wyrmrest Accord
Location: Wandering aimlessly under the effect of the Curse of Burgy BlackheaLET'S BUCKLE SOME SWASH!!

Unread post by Ryno »

cowmuflage wrote:Um the rare thing is that for like rares with a skin only found on them?
Honestly, it depends. If someone is really after that rare for whatever reason, let them have it. Ask around and try your best to see if anyone is after it, or if anyone might be interested in it. It shouldn't be a big deal, if you can get the skin elsewhere, but some people like having a rare with a common skin, just because. :)

Sincerely doubt killing a rare with a common skin would ever be an issue, but we will go with this policy just in case.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Hmm thats why I useally ask so to tell people.
Cialbi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Cenarion Circle (US-Alliance)

Unread post by Cialbi »

Ryno wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:Um the rare thing is that for like rares with a skin only found on them?
Honestly, it depends. If someone is really after that rare for whatever reason, let them have it. Ask around and try your best to see if anyone is after it, or if anyone might be interested in it. It shouldn't be a big deal, if you can get the skin elsewhere, but some people like having a rare with a common skin, just because. :)

Sincerely doubt killing a rare with a common skin would ever be an issue, but we will go with this policy just in case.
So, are tamable rares with unique skins, and tamable rares with common skins treated somewhat differently under this policy? In other words, there are no circumstances in which killing the Silithid Harvester (S. Barrens rare beetle w/ unique green skin) is acceptable even if no one who's online wants to tame the beetle, but killing nearby Azzere the Skybreaker (S. Barrens rare wind serpent w/ common red skin) can be acceptable if I ask the guild first and no one who's online wants to tame the wind serpent? Or does Azzere the Skybreaker get treated the exact same as the Silithid Harvester?
The reason I ask is because rares give a big exp boost to leveling players, provided that the rare isn't too low of a level (No way I'm asking because a lowbie hunter of mine got killed three times by Azzere the Skybreaker the other day, noo...).
AKA Nazthandol, in <Petopians> (US)

Cute doesn't need an explanation.
_____

Avatar by LupisDarkmoon, and image caption by Kurasu. Thanks!

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Always ask around just to be safe, before you kill anything. You can't undo killing a mob, but you CAN wait five or ten minutes before you do it, just in case anybody really does want it. Usually it's more of a hassle for the 'big' rares, like spirit beasts, King Krush, etc, but really I think it should apply to any rare (or for that matter, a summoned potential pet. I remember the other day I casually threw out in Gchat that I was about to summon Echeyakee for my quest, and did anybody want him? I wasn't expecting it, but I DID get a request to wait until one hunter got there).

If nobody wants it, and you were a decent person and waited, no prob. You can leave it be, or if you really want to, you can kill it for an achive or exp or whatever (I tend to, er, kill rare spiders when nobody wants them, since I'm an arachnophobic and...ugh...). Just as long as you asked first, and it really was undesired.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Pretty good start on a "charter" of sorts, Ryno. :)
Sochi
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Sochi »

This is a good start. I know this will help the guild thrive.

And remember, you can reach Ketch through me if need be. He may be home even if he isn't on-line and can log in to help however it's needed. Consider me the fastest way to PM ever in that regard.

For the record, I haven't guilded Rexxi, Minias and Tezca yet. My PC is still down-we hit a virus the day after I came home and hubby was unable to purge it. It needs a complete re-boot. So my play-time is limited to what I can do when hubby isn't interested in his PC. However, I did get a stop-gap OS that will serve until I can get something better. So I should be up and running soon and therefore, you will see more of me.
Nemara
Realm: Bealgun

Unread post by Nemara »

I just wanted to say thank you for letting me join your wonderful guild! :D
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Tankperson »

I hope to join your guild one day when I get my account back u and running.
Ceravan
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Anvilmar (alliance), Nesingwary (horde)

Unread post by Ceravan »

Should change me to Nügget, rather than Ceravan, as I have no Ceravan toons in the guild itself, just on the boards. That's who everyone knows me by anyways.

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Ryno, the alt-itis has struck repeatedly since this went up. My characters are now:

Teigan
Grushdeva
Tanzi
Nyssatha
Saola
Grakashaku
Tizzi
Taslyn

Also I have a character in the Alliance sister guild <Ominous Latin Name> called Briarlee

This list should be fairly stable now, except possibly Taslyn. She's still on probation, but I think I like her.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

Can pull Chastise, Juryrig, and Marwa from my listing. :) Thanks!

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Jelani »

Just to add my 2 cents about the lowbie rares, I have found that having SilverDragon addon with announce to guild chat on works wonders. It announces when you see a lowbie rare and you can see right away if anyone wants :D It has saved me from accidentally killing a low rare that someone wants many times.

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

That's a good idea Drood. I should really set mine to do that.

I do think the lowbie rares should be open to discussion, since they do offer such an enormous exp boost now. I would say proper etiquette would be to ask in guild chat and wait a reasonable amount of time for an answer. And depending on the uniqueness/respawn timer, maybe do a /who of the zone to make sure there isn't some hunter waiting for their baby to spawn.
Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Jelani »

The way I see it is that now that Blizz upped the spawn times of lowbie rares that unless a guildy says they want it of if it's a unique skin (OCJ/ Razza/ etc), it's basically fair game. they will be back alot sooner than they used to be, I have never seen some of the rares up so often before like I have recently.

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Ikutai
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Unread post by Ikutai »

Jelani wrote:The way I see it is that now that Blizz upped the spawn times of lowbie rares that unless a guildy says they want it of if it's a unique skin (OCJ/ Razza/ etc), it's basically fair game. they will be back alot sooner than they used to be, I have never seen some of the rares up so often before like I have recently.
I agree, Ressan the Needler, for example is often up two or three times in the same hour.

Lowbie rares, for the most part, are a lot less rare than they used to be.

"The days are short, and are too soon over. The nights, for good or bad, can seem endless." - Neil Gaiman

Signature by the illustrious Saturo

"Steps 3 through 47: Profit!" - Steampunk of Nesingwary