Warcraft Mounts : update from Armory

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Warcraft Mounts : update from Armory

Unread post by Wain »

An update from Armory feature has been partially enabled on Warcraft Mounts as of now.

By "partial" I mean it's not currently a prominent or required feature. I want to be confident nothing is breaking before it's implemented further.

Currently the only way to invoke it is to log in, go to "Your Account" and either click the blue "Update" for a character (NOT collection) or add a new character.

After that you can still manually adjust your collection if you so please (though any changes to ownership will be erased if you update your character again, as above). Once we're happy that the system is stable we'll go fully to Armory updates except for any buggy mounts which don't show up in Armory data.

Speaking of which, there's currently one known mount that doesn't show up: the Acherus Deathcharger. You'll have to ensure that's manually added to your DKs. Once it's added it won't be erased if you update again.

Please let us know if you find any other mounts that are missing from your data! :)

Thanks!

Wain
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: Warcraft Mounts : update from Armory

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Anyone tested yet? Any feedback would be stella :D

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Jeanne
Realm: Dragonmaw

Unread post by Jeanne »

I just tried this and it seems to take my mounts from my armory with no problems whatsoever.

Thanks for doing this. It makes figuring out what mounts I should try to get for the 200 mount achievement a lot easier.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks Jeanne :) We appreciate it! Please, anyone who can test this feature will be a huge help. We want to fully activate it as soon as we can.

Aweena
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Aweena »

i made an account and it seems to work fine i don't have time to double check now but ill look in to it later on today when i log in to check also i enjoy that it counts per char so my dk mounts aren't shown on my hunter but i think the Archerus death charger was bugged it wasn't shown as owned when i added my dk or i may be confusing it with another mount

If love is an illusion to hell with reality

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Aweena wrote:i made an account and it seems to work fine i don't have time to double check now but ill look in to it later on today when i log in to check also i enjoy that it counts per char so my dk mounts aren't shown on my hunter but i think the Archerus death charger was bugged it wasn't shown as owned when i added my dk or i may be confusing it with another mount
Thanks :) Yes, the Acherus Deathcharger is the only one we know of so far that is bugged like that. The bug is with the Armory itself as it won't show up on your toons there either. I've emailed about it, but won't hold my breath as people have reported it bugged since at least 2012.

What we have done is flagged that mount so if you add it manually then it will remain in your toon's collection even if you update again. When we turn general manual additions off, that one (and any other bugged ones we uncover) will remain manually addable.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Just tried it myself, seems to be good! Of course I have a lot of mounts so if there's one missing or extra or something I might not have noticed, but I'd say it looks to be working. :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Cool :) thanks :) Lemme know if anything is missing :)
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I spent some time on the site today organizing my collections, and I just have to applaud you guys for how easy to navigate and handy all the new features are! I love being able to sort out a wishlist and exclude mounts I know I'll never get so that the lists are easier to peruse. All the thumbnail icons look very nice and the layout is neat and user friendly. The armory update seems to be working perfectly as well! :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Vephriel wrote:I spent some time on the site today organizing my collections, and I just have to applaud you guys for how easy to navigate and handy all the new features are! I love being able to sort out a wishlist and exclude mounts I know I'll never get so that the lists are easier to peruse. All the thumbnail icons look very nice and the layout is neat and user friendly. The armory update seems to be working perfectly as well! :)
Oh thank you :) I was up way too late trying to ensure the latest changes were working last night, and we have reason to try to get it working very quickly now. So when I saw there was a post here this morning I was worried it was bugged. I'm so relieved it's working though :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Update from Armory is now switched on fully! Thanks to everyone who helped test it out :)

This means that you can now only update your WCM collections via the Armory update. You can still manually adjust your wish and exclude lists. And you can still manually add any mounts that are known to be bugged (i.e. not appear) in your Armory collection. Currently the only one we know of is the Acherus Deathcharger.

For now, the update is per-character. So if you have three characters added to your account, you would need to update the collections of all three individually. Perhaps this will change in the future, but it was the simplest and least risky change from the old system. To update your collection you simply go to your account page (linked at the top of the side menu) and choose to update the relevant character.

Spiritbinder has also created a few new icons for mount thumbnails to distinguish ones that are not only retired, but also coming soon, unused skins and unimplemented (forgotten) mounts. Makes them all a little easier to pick out.

Again, please let us know of any problems that you run into or any other mounts that appear to be missing.