Mount Acomplishment Thread

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Re: Mount Acomplishment Thread

Unread post by Finduilas »

Thank you both.

Castile, I was using the O-Queue addon to find groups. At first I joined the FL HC groups and took achievs that came along (like the Ambi-Turner-one). And once I found an achiev group I could join. After this one I was just missing "Do a barrel roll" and the "Kneel to the flame" achiev. By chance I found a group on my rather dead server today that wanted to do the kneel to the flame achiev. And we had so much dps the barrel roll just happened :) Took me just around 4 weeks for every achievment, and I can only play on weekends.

And Kayro, if you need help with getting a mount, feel free to ask! I'll try to help as much as I can!

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Lampray
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Skullcrusher

Unread post by Lampray »

It took me 259 kills but I got my vortex pinnacle mount. So glad to never go there again. x_x
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Congrats lampray! I'm still yet to farm for that one. I'm still trying for the vitreous, but I've slowed down on that one. 0.9% drop rate???yet I get the Zulian panther within 6 runs. Goodness...

Thanks Fin! Depending on if my ghost iron ore sold, I'll be getting that azure water strider today and thus hitting 150 mounts. Just wish it wasn't a kite that we get...the mount special is pretty cool tho. I'm still trying to take back Wintergrasp, and I was thing about seeing if people were up for the "For the Horde" achievement. Knowing my guild, it'll be easier to do. If you're online, you could join us if you'd like :)

Edit--got my azure water strider today! Was actually 3.5k than the 4.8k I thought it was gonna be. Then I ran TB and won. I decided to try WG and won too ^_^ that's 151 mounts on my hunter and 152 on my DK. I was determined to not go to my DK at 149 mounts to cause her unique mount to get me to 150. I did it! I got to 150 mounts before Draenor! I'll get Krys some better gear and then focus on my shammy from now on!
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Congrats, guys! Lampray, that sounds awful- I'm so glad it only took me 70-some runs to get that guy. x.x

It's not a huge achievement, but I /finally/ got my Twilight Harbinger. I'm slowly getting on my way to having all the Cata/WotLK meta mounts!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

You still using Openraid Lupis? I should be getting the Iron proto today. That is if I get invited to today. I'm always marked as reserve :lol:

Like yesterday I missed out on two silver runs haha
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Yup, I am! I hope you get that Iron Proto, that's a fun mount.

Silver CM runs are tricky to get into, they can be so full so quickly. x.x

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I forgot to say grats before Lupis so grats!

I'll get my mount next week. WoW is not even working right now >.>
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Congrats, guys! Lampray, that sounds awful- I'm so glad it only took me 70-some runs to get that guy. x.x

It's not a huge achievement, but I /finally/ got my Twilight Harbinger. I'm slowly getting on my way to having all the Cata/WotLK meta mounts!

Wow I'm in love with that screenshot...how long did it take you to get the harbringer? I reckon some guildies would be interested in joining me ^_^ I love that model so much. I prefer the blazing drake but to have any would be lovely!
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

*grumble grumble grumble* My computer is so old that is actually won't load google chrome...how bloody frustrating is that?! It still runs wow! Right before Draenor gets here too. Now how am I supposed to document my cool pets and stuff?! I had an entire story planned out! Fuuuuu....dge sticks. One shall not curse. Anywho...
Took all day to find someone, honestly. I was so surprised. I'm so glad I got this beauty. The iron bound one is nicer, but I don't wanna do that iron dwarf, medium rare one again for a long time. It took us ages and Razorscale actually enraged. Either way, we've both got our sexy rustbound protos. Man I'm so glad I joined this guild when I did ^_^
Edit---removed crappy picture from this post. New screenies are in a new post down below...somewhere :) Was a rustbound proto, for those who didn't see the original post.
Last edited by Krysteena on Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Kayro wrote: Wow I'm in love with that screenshot...how long did it take you to get the harbringer? I reckon some guildies would be interested in joining me ^_^ I love that model so much. I prefer the blazing drake but to have any would be lovely!
Thank you! I like taking over-dramatic screenshots. And hmm- it took me about... eight runs? Nine? Technically, I got every achievement except Chromatic Champion in one run by using Openraid, because there are some absolutely wonderful groups there (I suggest Shadowskunk's runs). Then I had to get Chromatic Champion, which took a ton of time- everyone in the group always ends up needing different platforms. With only a few people, though, and the same people each time, it would probably only take four Dragon Soul clears! One would need to be on Heroic, the rest could be normal.

However, if you decide to do all the achievements with a small group, you WILL need a full group for the achievement "Holding Hands". It cannot be done with less than 10 people.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Ahh okay. Thanks Lupis! I'll have to try it sometimes. Then again...I've never raiding DS or the spine of deathwing. I'll have to clear up on some tactics first I reckon. I'll have to check out his runs. Thank you, again!

Now. I wonder if I could find some guildies who'd want to run Ulduar 25man? If you do it right, you can get all achievements in one run, so perhaps on Saturday? I could set a date on the calendar...or can I not do that yet? I'll have to Check.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:However, if you decide to do all the achievements with a small group, you WILL need a full group for the achievement "Holding Hands". It cannot be done with less than 10 people.
This is incorrect. I have gotten Holding Hands 2 manning, across multiple toons. It is so insanely easy for 2 players to do because you'll likely need both toons in order to make the conduit (thus instantly qualifying for the achievement).
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Grats everyone on their new mounts! and good to know buttercup!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Really? Shoot, I had no idea! We always needed ten people, but maybe the raid leader just didn't know? Either way, good to know- thank you!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Yeah I was initially under the impression that I'd never get the achievement done without a full raid, and reading comments on wowhead made it sound like the WORST achievement ever (people having to wipe the encounter for hours because 1 person was out of place each time, dead players causing the achieve to go "Nope, one guy was dead, therefore ALL players weren't in chain," pets causing it to bug out). Then on my first trip in there 2 man, we instantly got it and I didn't see how it was possible. But the achievement reads all players must be in conduit chain, not ten players... :)

Incidentally you can use your pet in the chain to make it easier and it will count. Just have each person assigned to stand in the same position each time to make it go fast. When I do it I first put the pet halfway between conduits along the arc (it's a quarter circle). I stand halfway between the pet and the first conduit. The other person stands halfway between pet and the conduit we're chaining to. As soon as it shorts out, move pet to next arc, repeat positioning.
Last edited by peanutbuttercup on Wed Aug 27, 2014 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Ahh, thank God for two computers. I'm on the one downstairs (which I'll actually be getting when mum gets her new computer. The internet problems I've been having on my computer can't be fixed)
Anyway...Rustbound Protodrake!
My adorable little water strider, who I didn't think I'd like but somehow ended up loving.
And one of the coolest mounts in game...the Icebound Frostbrood Vanquisher!
I loved this mount since I first saw someone on it and I'm sooo happy I finally got him! :hug: in my head, he was one of Sindragosa's brood who flew down to slay the adventurers who dared enter the citadel, but upon seeing the heroism of the party, he realised he'd made a mistake in going against them. As he laid dying one hunter stopped in front of him, and he shut his cold eyes, expecting the killing blow. It never came. Opening his eyes, he realised that the hunter was smiling at him. Confused, he stood up, watching her cautiously. Her team mates stood off to the side, and showed no signs of attacking him. Gingerly, he nudged her with his snout. The hunter didn't attack, and instead held out a pair of reins. Understanding what she was asking, the vanquisher nodded, before allowing her to put on the reins. He had nowhere else to go, and she was offering him a second chance. He happily took it.

Truth be told, there was no heroic rescuing of the drake. I ran the 25man once with a friend and her guildies, and got most achevs. My guild were offering a hc 25man icc run for invincible. Since the only achevs i needed were received by nuking down bosses or simply completeing it in heroic, I tagged along. I'm so glad I did. I've finally got my Skelly dragon. 153 mounts now! I'm hoping the get all northrend meta mounts, but i'm content with the ones I have. 2 meta mounts in 2 days, yipee!

Seems that my luck of getting no mounts for ages has given out. I've been having mounts fall out my ears recently. I was at....130 ish, perhaps a little less, a month ago. I out my foot down and look where I'm getting myself. Now...if the green proto felt like hatching from that egg in my bags :/ at some point I'll stop spamming this thread with mounts...I feel like I'm kinda shoving it in everyone's faces that I've got these mounts :(
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

After MUCH digging (and learning that spirits can be turned in for artifacts duh!) this finally came up!!! After a shitty week of being sick this was an awesome find :) I had over 130 solves on my Druid (who was my main archy) so I switched to my horde main hunter to lvl her up to 600 for a change of scene, so happy!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I got him yesterday <3 Ugh now I will never need to do that bloody Razorscale dwarf thing again.

If it was not for Openraid I'd have none of these <3
Doc Privas
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Doc Privas »

Argent Dawn just went back online so I did my daily mount run...finally <3

Cloudstrider - Highmountain Tauren Hunter
Argent Dawn EU

Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

Got my Kor'Kron Juggernaut last week. :) Guild finally has it on farm and #6 was mine! Woo
ImageImage