Stormcrow!

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Stormcrow!

Unread post by Divixon »

So lets talk about this new stormcrow the one that looks like ashes and ravenlord put into one - not the collectors ed wod mount. i have no idea how to post pictures on here : http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/332 ... News-Recap :

i may not have gotten into WOD beta. but i did get into Heroes of storm *Alpha* - i recently bought a few things like bundles n such - its actualy pretty good tbh - and a few mins/hours later i got this email from blizz on 2nd july : *scrolls down*

What's In It For Me?

In addition to giving us your feedback as you engage in epic battles, you'll also have the opportunity to test out our commerce system by purchasing heroes, skins and mounts. As a thank you for players who do, we're creating a special mount for you! More details will come later on the mount and its availability. We'll also offer this mount to all players who purchase items during any of our future alphas or betas.

this is my guess - so i could be wrong, didnt see any posts about this either so sorry if i did >.<

- ill keep this a sticky so when the mount is revealed ill post what it is :3 -
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Stormcrow!

Unread post by Lisaara »

I've never seen anything like that come my way and I did get into the alpha awhile ago.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Divixon »

i went on a spending spree and got a few bundle packs to be honest lol >.< tho i did see a few forums *not on here* either wow site itself or something *shrugs* that it might be the heroes of storm mount. *crosses fingers* XD
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Well if you get some legit sources, I'd love to see them! :)

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've received that email as well. I thought the contents were also on an official site, but a websearch isn't revealing anything atm.

It doesn't say whether the mount is for WoW or HotS, but the last sentence ("We'll also offer this mount to all players who purchase items during any of our future alphas or betas") suggests it's more generic than just HotS and therefore more likely to be a WoW mount. I did ask for clarification on the HotS boards but didn't get a response.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Wain wrote:I've received that email as well. I thought the contents were also on an official site, but a websearch isn't revealing anything atm.

It doesn't say whether the mount is for WoW or HotS, but the last sentence ("We'll also offer this mount to all players who purchase items during any of our future alphas or betas") suggests it's more generic than just HotS and therefore more likely to be a WoW mount. I did ask for clarification on the HotS boards but didn't get a response.
If this was a mount in Warcraft, I'd be happy. It's a pretty cool model and skin. However. There's one problem. I don't seem to be able to get into any betas or alphas. I'd be content to drool at someone when I see them on it, if it's a WoW mount :lol: I do that for quite a few cool mounts that I haven't got. Just creep a lil closer and stare at the screen. I like to think they can't see me :D
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Well, if that is the case, I hope I get into the Heroes of storm beta/alpha.. one of the mounts I've been most excited for in a long time. :(

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Divixon »

it would be such a waste if it was a hots mount, itl be so tiny n ugly. i did see some videos on youtube with the mount last night - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEZQyGOaX_g -

its making me hope so high..
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I hope it ends up being something like the hearthstone mount. if its there to promote their new game i would be happy to give Hots a try and I would be all for winning a few games to get it. I don't buy mounts with cash so i hope this one wont become a pay-to-own mount. it looks quite pretty.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ziroth wrote:it would be such a waste if it was a hots mount, itl be so tiny n ugly. i did see some videos on youtube with the mount last night - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEZQyGOaX_g -
its making me hope so high..
Oh yeah, I wasn't meaning the Stormcrow might appear in HotS, it's clearly a WoW mount. I just mean the alpha/beta reward mount for HotS could be a HotS mount and not the Stormcrow :) But at this point my guess is it'll be a WoW mount and therefore the Stormcrow does seem like a good candidate.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I'm pretty sure the HotS testing reward is a mount for HotS - I've read it a few places now. I've bought some alpha skins but haven't received an e-mail yet however. Doesn't really make sense you'd be rewarded with a wow mount for testing another game - I could be wrong though.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Castile wrote:I'm pretty sure the HotS testing reward is a mount for HotS - I've read it a few places now. I've bought some alpha skins but haven't received an e-mail yet however. Doesn't really make sense you'd be rewarded with a wow mount for testing another game - I could be wrong though.
It was just their quote:
"We'll also offer this mount to all players who purchase items during any of our future alphas or betas"
...that made me think it was wider than just HotS. But maybe they mean future HotS alphas or betas. I just didn't expect many of those.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Castile wrote:Doesn't really make sense you'd be rewarded with a wow mount for testing another game - I could be wrong though.
Though they did give out the hearthsteed to people willing to try out Hearthstone and notch up a few wins, but then with no confirmation, one can only try make an educated guess and hope for the best atm.

I've been itching to fly on this stunning storm crow from the 1st day I saw it, I really hope it gets implemented soon :|

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Wain wrote: It was just their quote:
"We'll also offer this mount to all players who purchase items during any of our future alphas or betas"
...that made me think it was wider than just HotS. But maybe they mean future HotS alphas or betas. I just didn't expect many of those.
Ah true. I did hear HotS tester were getting a mount for HotS however that maybe some special Alpha thing and Beta testers (which will be a wider pool of players) may get the Stormcrow for wow...just a stab in the dark.

SpiritBinder wrote:
Castile wrote:Doesn't really make sense you'd be rewarded with a wow mount for testing another game - I could be wrong though.
Though they did give out the hearthsteed to people willing to try out Hearthstone and notch up a few wins, but then with no confirmation, one can only try make an educated guess and hope for the best atm.
I did forget about the hearthsteed but I see hearthstone being a warcraft fan based game so I guess the pony makes sense to appeal to WoW players whereas HotS ecompasses the entire blizzard universe so perhaps there will be a choice of reward depending on what you play? Thats where my mind goes with it...again it could all be totally wrong lol

Hopefully we will see it soon :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Castile wrote: I did forget about the hearthsteed but I see hearthstone being a warcraft fan based game so I guess the pony makes sense to appeal to WoW players whereas HotS ecompasses the entire blizzard universe so perhaps there will be a choice of reward depending on what you play?
Yeah that's true, it is was a pretty wow centric game. But then I guess they also added Tyrael's charger too as a promo, so who knows what them blizzards be thinking.

For me Stormcrows are pretty WOW themed I guess, but I'm not so fussy so much bout where is comes from, I just want it dammit! :lol:

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Divixon »

Hrm.. in PTR and saw someone with the pet that looks like stormcrow, its called : stormwing. - bleh blizz be givin us a ingame pet it looks like =/

*hope dies down*

UPDATE: - http://us.battle.net/heroes/en/blog/159 ... 3702227809 -

As an added bonus, anyone who made a real-money purchase using real money during the Technical Alpha will receive an exclusive Wonder Billie Mount!

^ billie mount?