Alliance chopper is in as a gold sink

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: Alliance chopper is in as a gold sink

Unread post by Qraljar »

Sukurachi wrote:
Qraljar wrote:The part where you make the erroneous assumption that the model and animations didn't exist/weren't worked on before people started complaining about it.
please quote my post where I say that.

the show was advertised, on television.

Blizzard never made any statements at the time of the show that BOTH bikes would be in-game. They always said that only one bike would be.

People jumped to the (correct, as it turned out) conclusion that both bikes would somehow make their way into the game.

I have made absolutely no statements regarding a timeline for the animation of the resultant bikes.
All I said was that people were told only one bike would make it, most people didn't complain at that time.
Then when it was clear that it was the horde bike making it into the game, the alliance players started hollering that it "wasn't fair".
There were COUNTLESS threads and postings on different forums about how "Blizzard favours the horde".

Deny that all you want, you'll still be wrong.
And invent strawman arguments all your want, and you'll again still be wrong.

You implied it through how you worded your posts. You are acting like people complained the bike into the game, which brings us to your, perhaps inadvertent, statement regarding a timeline.

But first about your claim that they never said the Alliance one would make it into the game. Indeed, they never explicitly said so. But what they did do was heavily emphasize the fact that the Horde bike would be in the game for free. In hindsight, that could be interpreted as foreshadowing that the Alliance bike would be in, just not for free.

Now the part where you did make a claim about the timelines through implying that the Alliance players got it solely through complaining.

Blizzard is in a hurry to get Warlords of Draenor out, and they've already had to cut/put a few features on halt because of time constraints. Do you really think that Blizzard, in that state, would be able to just shake a new mount with new unique animations out of their pockets or their sleeves like that? Do you think they would want to?

If so, you're really denying common sense in favour of your own skewed view, and ignoring what cause of events is more logical just so you can fuel your unreasonable rage about the fact that "oh my god those alliance got their bike, whineeers!". At which point it makes no sense to discuss this with you, as you'd not even be open to getting your mind changed, and you're just here to bellyache about the fact that the Horde didn't get solely rewarded merely because they took the time to push a button.

And yes, there were Alliance fans that whined, and Alliance fans (as well as Horde/neutral fans) that had enough to say about the Azeroth Choppers contest, and criticized it. A lot of people make the mistake of lumping those two groups together. A lot of people do it intentionally, because they perceive any slight or negative criticism towards a concept they personally like as "whining".

Whatever the case -- at the end of the day, you're still trying to make a distinction where there isn't any. You're condemning the Alliance for a part of their fan-base that acted irrationally, presumably assuming that the Horde would and never did such things. I can tell you one thing: that would be a claim made of ignorance or obnoxious faction pride. I don't know which it is, but if it is the latter, I feel even less desire to discuss this with you, as those kinds of fans are just plain toxic.

I don't particularly care about how slighted you feel by this, or how you feel this made the act of pushing a button useless for you now, I'm just addressing misinformation and irrationality.

However, next when you complain about people doing what you perceive as whining, try to refrain from whining yourself, which is what I really got from your post. Whining about whining is just silly.

Wain wrote:There's no hard evidence either way, but I'm convinced they intended to make both bikes available from the start.

This is, indeed, the more likely situation, and the more logical one. But some people want to ignore what is logical to what makes it easier for them to justify their own bellyaching. In the end, I don't really care much for either chopper, but more about the "holier-than-thou" gloating act from a lot of Horde fans.

In the end, when they ignore what is more likely, and instead go with their own skewed view solely because that view makes it easier for them to justify their toxic behaviour, it tells me that they are more immature, and more bothersome than the "alliance whiners" they are condemning.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

ok Qraljar, let's put an end to this right now.

What I said is that that people will complain no matter how clearly anything is explained.
I didn't target alliance players specifically other than that they were,. in this particular case, the ones complaining.
And I most certainly never said that alliance players whined their way into getting the mount. If that is YOUR opinion, then state it as such, but don't attribute YOUR opinions to others.

Answer if you want, but as far as I'm concerned, this part of the discussion is over. I see no point in arguing with someone who insists on attributing sinister intentions to everyone else's posts.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

So i guess if you get the horde bike for free you dont get the alliance equiv in the faction flip? (i.e. if you have both horde and alliance toons?). I know this isn't true of ALL mounts but i did get the horde "hog" after a faction flip when i had the chopper..hmm! Not that i would go out of my way to buy it, can't stand mechanical mounts >.>

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Guys, you both had worthy points, but please continue your discussion over PMs if you want to discuss your interpretation of each other's intentions. Thanks :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Castile wrote:So i guess if you get the horde bike for free you dont get the alliance equiv in the faction flip? (i.e. if you have both horde and alliance toons?). I know this isn't true of ALL mounts but i did get the horde "hog" after a faction flip when i had the chopper..hmm! Not that i would go out of my way to buy it, can't stand mechanical mounts >.>
Hmm indeed. A good question!
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Castile wrote:So i guess if you get the horde bike for free you dont get the alliance equiv in the faction flip?
This is pretty interesting. From what I know of we have yet to have a "Faction Only" mount that does not flip/change if on a character of the opposing side. There are plenty that have an equivalent, but none that straight up become unusable/unavailable.

I wonder how this will work for mount collections and numbers? If it will count as you having it in you collection as an alliance if you have it on horde, or it if will act like a Class/Character specific mount and just not appear on the alliances list at all.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

SpiritBinder wrote:
Castile wrote:So i guess if you get the horde bike for free you dont get the alliance equiv in the faction flip?
This is pretty interesting. From what I know of we have yet to have a "Faction Only" mount that does not flip/change if on a character of the opposing side. There are plenty that have an equivalent, but none that straight up become unusable/unavailable.

I wonder how this will work for mount collections and numbers? If it will count as you having it in you collection as an alliance if you have it on horde, or it if will act like a Class/Character specific mount and just not appear on the alliances list at all.
Actually, we have several of those. The Argent Tournament mounts(minus the hippogryph/dragonhawk) do not flip. Neither do pvp mounts.

They do not show up or give you equivalents if you did not earn them on your respective faction.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Junrei wrote:
SpiritBinder wrote:

Actually, we have several of those. The Argent Tournament mounts(minus the hippogryph/dragonhawk) do not flip. Neither do pvp mounts.

They do not show up or give you equivalents if you did not earn them on your respective faction.
Oh random, I never knew that...

So the Argent tournaments Mounts are Character only? Or can others from the same faction use and then just not the opposing? Though they do seem to be counted in your collections as a whole, useable by any other character or not, unlike other character only mounts (Eg, Arena, Rated, Class, etc. Mounts)

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

They're counted and if you get them on one Ally char, all your Ally chars can use them. Your Horde cannot. Vice versa too. It still counts overall in your mount achievements and all though.

LisaaraPokefarm

Lampray
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Skullcrusher

Unread post by Lampray »

From what I've heard, if you do a faction change and have any faction exclusive mounts, you get the mounts from the other faction as well. My boyfriend faction change a pladin for the double agent achieve and he ended up getting all the alliance argent tourney mounts and the pvp mounts.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Lampray wrote:From what I've heard, if you do a faction change and have any faction exclusive mounts, you get the mounts from the other faction as well. My boyfriend faction change a pladin for the double agent achieve and he ended up getting all the alliance argent tourney mounts and the pvp mounts.

Blizzard have been relatively clear about this.
The new motorcycle mount would NOT switch over to the other faction if you did a faction change, or if you had toons of the other faction.
In other words, Your horde toons will have access to this mount. period. no others.

the alliance motorcycle will be purchased some other way.

as has already been said, SOME mounts do not switch factions with your toon.

of course, nothing stops Blizzard from changing their mind at some time further down the road.

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Sukurachi wrote:
Lampray wrote:From what I've heard, if you do a faction change and have any faction exclusive mounts, you get the mounts from the other faction as well. My boyfriend faction change a pladin for the double agent achieve and he ended up getting all the alliance argent tourney mounts and the pvp mounts.

Blizzard have been relatively clear about this.
The new motorcycle mount would NOT switch over to the other faction if you did a faction change, or if you had toons of the other faction.
In other words, Your horde toons will have access to this mount. period. no others.

the alliance motorcycle will be purchased some other way.

as has already been said, SOME mounts do not switch factions with your toon.

of course, nothing stops Blizzard from changing their mind at some time further down the road.
Yes. Same goes for the AT mounts(most of them) and pvp. Those don't go with you either via faction change.

LisaaraPokefarm

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

bf looked it up n said it was 100k - new vendor in old town is selling it
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Yup. 100k is the price so far.

LisaaraPokefarm

Danielfboone
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Draka

Unread post by Danielfboone »

100k gold is just ridiculous. I have never had more than 40k myself. Having said that, I don't care what it costs because I wouldn't buy it if it was 10g. I hate the choppers and I probably won't even bother claiming the Horde one on my dark side toons.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

isn't the multiple-passenger mammoth mount 100k gold or more?

"Step on no pets!"

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Sukurachi wrote:isn't the multiple-passenger mammoth mount 100k gold or more?
Yes. Yak is 125k too.

LisaaraPokefarm

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Sorry to jump back in THIS late after the last post, but parts of my PC broke, decided to built a new one, lots of problems occurred, and now I'm back on the net almost 3 weeks later!

Anyway, last I checked on the beta, Blizzard changed the way the mount list works. Right now on live, there is two lists, one for Alliance that has Alliance mounts and neutral mounts, and one for Horde with Horde mounts and neutral mounts. And on the beta there's only one mount list that shows all mounts you have on your account no matter which faction you're on. So if you're on an Alliance character, you will see all the Horde only mounts you have in the list along with the Alliance and neutral mounts.

The neutral mounts display like usual, but the faction mounts have the faction logo as a background where their name is displayed in the list.

So unless they changed something in the last ~2 weeks, it should still be the same.
Attachments
WoD mount list.jpg
WoD mount list.jpg (168.9 KiB) Viewed 3135 times
ImageImage
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

welp it never stopped the people with the 100k yack mount :P
sXe Angel
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Vek'Nilash (US - Ally)

Unread post by sXe Angel »

Blizz said during the building competition that the winning bike would be placed in the game as a mount that was FOR FREE. The implication was always that both bikes would eventually be made available in game. The Horde one won, and people have had plenty of time to log into their accounts to receive a free one. If the horde bike eventually becomes available to purchase in game for all those people that missed out getting one free, that'd be cool too.
http://i28.tinypic.com/11szgx1.jpg
^Supports my theory that CM Punk would roll a hunter in WoW.^