Mount Acomplishment Thread

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Mount Acomplishment Thread

Unread post by Lupis »

Dewclaw wrote:So I stumble across this rare and he dropped a pig mount.

SCREAMS I'm so freaking jealous, I've been camping him for hours and hours. Missed one spawn already because someone killed him (KNOWING that he dropped a mount) and didn't tell general chat. >.<

Congrats!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Ohh grats on the piggy mount! :3
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

I've camped for 19 hours in the last day. Almost all of today was spent camping or power napping. And finally...

Worth it.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Grats on your piggy too!
Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill (Horde)Ravencrest (Ally)

Unread post by Snowbird »

Where does this piggy spawn btw?? :)

Signature Made By Senenith

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Here's a map for the current known spawn points! I whipped it up while camping, sorry for the ugly. Link

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I just came across Gorok's corpse. So incredibly jealous of you two xD

Edit:

YES! I'm so glad he didn't take forever to get as I was already getting very angry.

Kept joining groups, back to back via raid finder for this guy. Three raid leaders ninja'd, by switching to master looter during combat, seconds before Nok died... one said "mount is reserved" right as they did that. It amazes me how rude people can be. Hopefully they get banned, because 20+ people reported them.

Then this one player kept joining groups after already getting the mount, assuming that he wants to sell it. I saw him win the dang thing THREE times.

EDIT!:

Oh my god I'm so happy.

This beautiful girl I had to camp three and a half hours for with a group of 30-some, but so worth it:

Then I was browsing raid finder when I saw a group titled "SILTHIDE SPAWNED". Ran there as fast as I could and barely made it ;-;

Then last but not least this amazing guy. He is MASSIVE. I've wanted Nakk so badly. I saw him on launch day when I ran around looking at all of the rares instead of leveling... but he was so hard to kite at level 90. Luk'hok was manageable, but Nakk has around 1000k more hp, and he has a lot less space around him to kite as well. The server ended up crashing that day though, and so he disappeared anyways. :( But today I decided to camp. After awhile, I decided to switch realms via raid finder to check if he was up there. I ended up joining Nok groups, seeing as there are plenty... and lo and behold there he was :D

I told the group he was up, and after they killed Nok, they ran over to Nagrand and we killed him together.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Oh wow you're very lucky! I haven't seen any spawn yet but figure I'll wait till the excitement dies down :) Grats!!

My husband and I had this drop last night - jaw on the floor moment!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

And you call me lucky? I'd trade you some for that thing ;-; Camping these mounts aren't that bad at all actually, not when you get a group together camping each spawn. Save for the damned Poundfist..

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I'm just in love with how they randomly show up in the stable in your garrison!! I had my rivendare's deathcharger, Invincible and my garrosh wolf rock up in one night ^.^

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Just now I got my Garn Nighthowl mount it is so sweet having another wolf to ride around on I was in a group that used a list to determine who was next to get it and I was never so excited when my turn came up.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Wow, that's a lot of mounts, congrats Lupen! Super jealous of the luck, I've had to camp 15+ hours for each of my rare mounts. (And I might need to wait four days for Pathrunner, because I had to submit a ticket!) I never thought of using the group finder tool to get a rare camping group, I might do that if I look for Silthide. And damn, I think I kind of want Nokk.

Also huge grats, Castile, that's a gorgeous mount! Dang, do I want it. I think I'll start that farm up again once I get my two mains to 100.

Iowawolf, very jealous! I need to get into one of those groups, that mount seems neato.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Wow im super jelous! gief! i am gamping theese as a crazy person! nothing yet!! 8++ hours for Pathrunner 3 hours in nagrand :(

s1ncer1ty
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by s1ncer1ty »

Whee, Pathrunner came home to me this evening! I feel like he has nicer pixels than the current blood elf model...

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I got Gorok tonight, I could weep I'm so relieved. I'd been hunting here and there but tonight I settled in with a scouting group and waited about 4 hours before he spawned. I barely got my tag in since some assholes showed up and tried to burn him down as quickly as possible (they weren't in our group and we had people trying to reach him to get a tag in, sadly most didn't make it in time). I hate how rude people can be, especially when it's so easy to share this kind of spawn. Still, I'm glad I was able to get my piggy. ♥

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Congrats you two ^^

I just got gorok as well! SO excited. I missed him four times. Two times I saw his corpse just before he despawned, and two times I saw him alive.. but health dropping fast. Some random person would always go and nuke him down before the entire group could get to Gorok. :( Was so depressing.

But finally tonight I found him right outside my garrison. Waited for some people to come (and asked one person to wait for others, who was nice enough to comply)

Long story short finally got my piggy :D

Now I have 6/7 of the rare spawns... Only poundfist left.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Congrats, guys! So exciting to see people getting these new rares. *_* I ended up falling in love hardcore with my Great Greytusk, I LOVE the coloration- not too yellow-tan, not too grey! And the almost tarnished gold spikes are so gorgeous.

S1ncer1ty, your new talbuk is beautiful! I may not be a huge fan of the furry-club tail they've got going on, but they're just stunning otherwise. That big fluffy mane. <3

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Eee, congrats Lupen! I'm so sorry you saw him that many times without getting him, I would have cried. D: And I agree Lupis, it's such a lovely colour. I'm really pleased it's not armored either as I find the armored ones lose something to their details with all that extra stuff on them.

*collapses* Another success story from last night for me though, I actually managed to get the Garn Nighthowl. I thought I had been cursed when it came to this mount because for days and days I have been trying to join groups to get it. I would stay in them for hours in line only to have the group disband or fall apart before reaching my turn (once I even got to second in line but nope, disbanded). I had nearly given up but yesterday I managed to find this amazing group led by a bunch of really nice people that had been doing it for literally hours, even though the leaders already had their mounts. They kept it going for others and even though I was 15th in line, I stuck with them and I eventually got it. ;u; This was the one wolf mount I really wanted, it's my favourite colour and it didn't have the strange helm and armor on it (I'm just really not a fan of too much armor, I prefer my mounts plain if possible).

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Congrats guys! I'm so every jealous x.x I've yet to see even one of these rates or a corpse! and I lost Garn Howl :( hoping to get my guild to run him a crap ton so I have at least something to show off XD

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Wow congratz hun!! i am camping theese elusive Mount rares nonstop. Missed nakk 2 times and Gorok 1 now.. Hope i can get lucky soon!!