Mount count not tracking correctly - in game and armoury

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Mount count not tracking correctly - in game and armoury

Unread post by Castile »

I alerted Wain to this last night but just an FYI to fellow collectors - my mount count towards my next achievement "Mountacular" hasn't been working since WoD. I had 241 mounts at the start of the expansion and gained three since - Invincible, Bloodhoof Bull and Frostboar - but my bar still says 241.

It's not a massive deal but if people are working towards 50, 100, 150, 200 and 250 goals you might want to be aware and manually track it until it is fixed. I'm sure it's just a bug but it freaked me out a little especially when I'm creeping closer to my goal :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Mount count not tracking correctly - in game and armoury

Unread post by Wain »

Sadly the WoD mounts are still not being tracked on the Armory. This includes pre-Draenor 6.0 mounts, so it's been broken for months. I assume the two issues are linked, though they may not be.

I've never managed to get a response on the issue from the developer portal. I've tweeted the new WoW Dev account the question though I don't expect a response:
https://twitter.com/WayneGWoods/status/ ... 2795666432
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've noticed that some mounts are now popping up on the Armory. At least some of the ones dropped from world mobs (Bloodhoof Bull etc.). Other new mounts are still not appearing.

So keep an eye out in game to see if they're counting towards the achievement now! If not now, hopefully soon.

Also, check multiple toons. It's bizarre, but I couldn't get the Bloodhoof Bull to show up on my shammy's Armory, but it did appear on my hunter. This is despite me first earning it on my shammy and having logged on and used it on both toons repeatedly.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Ok will do :) I will check that tonight, fingers crossed and thanks for your efforts Wain!

Shadowlands

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Funny thing last night I got the Corehound from MC and when I added that my mount count went up - but its still ignoring the other 3 :( I might try logging my warlock tonight to see if that fixes it but it's going to get really annoying when I learn all my stables mounts cause I should be at 250 then...

Is anyone else seeing this or is it a Oceanic only thing?

Shadowlands

Doc Privas
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Doc Privas »

My WoD mounts are still not on my armoury page :(
I have the Core Hound, Trained wolf and elekk (others are coming) and Mottled Meadowstomper. Companions are fine though. Both Iron Starlette and Molten Corgi show correctly.

Cloudstrider - Highmountain Tauren Hunter
Argent Dawn EU

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Tenryu wrote:My WoD mounts are still not on my armoury page :(
I have the Core Hound, Trained wolf and elekk (others are coming) and Mottled Meadowstomper. Companions are fine though. Both Iron Starlette and Molten Corgi show correctly.
Ah ok so its affecting EU too? I finally have them there but they show up as "White Stallion" and its only when you mouse over does it show one of the other new mount icons (no image still the horse lol)

I can't track mount count anymore since I'm over 250 in game but armoury says 252 and I'm pretty sure its 1 or 2 higher than that.

Shadowlands

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

yea its still not counting, i bought the ghastly ghost charger yesterday when the ah was selling one at 89k on frostmourne.

looking at my armory it dosent have it, tho its in my tab,using it now. >.<

and it recons i have 7 white stallions lol - page 7,8 - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/f ... ted&page=7

- http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/116781#tab=comments - lot of people are getting this in armory
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The Ghastly Charger should show on the Armory. Mine does:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... lter=ghast

Maybe it's specific realms that are slow to update :/

As for all the White Stallions, that's a common and really silly bug. For anyone who doesn't know, there are a bunch of spells allocated for future Draenor mounts which they copied from the White Stallion and never changed to point to a proper new mount. So there's a bunch of mount spells that seems to summon White Stallions. That in itself isn't so strange as they copy object data like that all the time. The silly part is that Armory queries return them as real, owned mounts for your characters. No idea why. The query still fails to return several real mounts you own, but then it does return pretend ones.. This is a problem we would face on Warcraft Mounts as well, except that we have it coded to ignore mounts that aren't in the game.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Another weird thing ive noticed...the albino drake counts as both collected and uncollected in armoury...like ok. Poor old drake is never loved!

Shadowlands

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Wain wrote:The Ghastly Charger should show on the Armory. Mine does:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/a ... lter=ghast
Maybe it's specific realms that are slow to update :/
As for all the White Stallions, that's a common and really silly bug. For anyone who doesn't know, there are a bunch of spells allocated for future Draenor mounts which they copied from the White Stallion and never changed to point to a proper new mount. So there's a bunch of mount spells that seems to summon White Stallions. That in itself isn't so strange as they copy object data like that all the time. The silly part is that Armory queries return them as real, owned mounts for your characters. No idea why. The query still fails to return several real mounts you own, but then it does return pretend ones.. This is a problem we would face on Warcraft Mounts as well, except that we have it coded to ignore mounts that aren't in the game.
Actually, I was wrong. I looked at the spell IDs for all the "White Stallions" and they seem to be for mounts you do own, it's just the name the API is using is old. The people (person?) who handles that was working from a very old copy of the mount spreadsheet data. Or rather they haven't updated it as mounts developed during the beta. Possibly they weren't even notified.

I get the impression a very, VERY few people are tasked with dealing with Armory and API issues and they're over-taxed. In the developer forums only one person seems to respond (if ever) and they're not a community manager but someone actually working on this code. I really think they're not getting much help.

This is infuriating for us as it makes maintaining WCM that much more difficult and we never get a response to our bug reports. I know Blizzard uses the excuse that they're hiring and training quality people as fast as they can (to work on WoW at least) but in this case I call bullshit. It doesn't take someone with great experience and immersion in game mechanics to deal with this stuff, none at all in fact. They could hire people tomorrow to help with website/API stuff at minimal risk. I'm now convinced they're not giving the area the amount of resources it needs. As for why, who can guess? I've noted many times that documentation teams are neglected, sometimes even openly resented, by big companies as they're not creating actual products (which galls the bean counters) and they annoy blinkered developers who have to take the time to send them info. Maybe this is similar.

Rant over. Sorry :P
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

to top it off the argent warhorse just disapeard from my mount tab, its been like that since wod released.. still didnt get it back *sigh*
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ziroth wrote:to top it off the argent warhorse just disapeard from my mount tab, its been like that since wod released.. still didnt get it back *sigh*
It's still there, just invisible. You can use it by typing: /cast argent warhorse

It's fixed in 6.1.2, which is on the PTR.

Looking back at the changes, I think what happened is this: for some strange reason there used to be two entries for the Argent Warhorse in the mounts database, each with a different ID. In WoD they deleted one. Perhaps the person who did it thought it was the unused entry they had deleted, or perhaps they thought it didn't matter, but anyway they deleted the wrong one. So while you still own it, it can no longer show up in your journal. The 6.1.2 change returns the other (previously deleted) one and deletes the current one.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Wain wrote:
Ziroth wrote:to top it off the argent warhorse just disapeard from my mount tab, its been like that since wod released.. still didnt get it back *sigh*
It's still there, just invisible. You can use it by typing: /cast argent warhorse

It's fixed in 6.1.2, which is on the PTR.

Looking back at the changes, I think what happened is this: for some strange reason there used to be two entries for the Argent Warhorse in the mounts database, each with a different ID. In WoD they deleted one. Perhaps the person who did it thought it was the unused entry they had deleted, or perhaps they thought it didn't matter, but anyway they deleted the wrong one. So while you still own it, it can no longer show up in your journal. The 6.1.2 change returns the other (previously deleted) one and deletes the current one.
Ah ok that makes sense. I hadn't actually given it a thought but yeah that all makes sense. They still seem incapable of fixing the wolf run (even though they can give them a nifty new howl...sigh). I really have no idea what my mount count is now as I don't believe either the in game journal or armoury anymore! Not a major thing but to a mount collector its somewhat handy ;)

Shadowlands

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Castile wrote: I really have no idea what my mount count is now as I don't believe either the in game journal or armoury anymore! Not a major thing but to a mount collector its somewhat handy ;)
It requires little bit of work, but if you add your characters to your profile on Warcraft Mounts and do an Armory import, it should find all of them except for the few that the Armory isn't listing (Champion's Treadblade, Chauffeured Mechano-Hog, Felfire Hawk, Acherus Deathcharger). You can add those few manually on their individual pages if you own them. Your profile should then show you how many mounts you own for individual characters as well as your account-wide total.

For achievement purposes the game doesn't seem to count all mounts, though. I think it ignores class ones, for example? So those totals may not match what you need to earn a mount collection achievement :/