Kara mount

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Loridon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Kara mount

Unread post by Loridon »

Karazhan is an important place in legion.
I immediately thought about the Fiery Warhorse's Reins.
Its possble that blizz revamp kara and the mount don't drop anymore, like with ZG.
Nimrod
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU - Ghostlands

Re: Kara mount

Unread post by Nimrod »

Possibly, but there would be plenty of warning.

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

They could do what they did with Stratholme. Revamp Kara but have a little side entrance for the old raid.

Theres a lot of pets there too and it'd be a shame if no one could ever get them again.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I would hope they'd just add a new "wing" to the castle and leave the original raid as is.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The original is such a loved and beautiful raid I'd be surprised (horrified) if they got rid of it. I certainly hope they won't. But who knows?

I'm sure we'll find out soon enough. But if they do remove it, really there's never enough warning. You could realistically run that raid every week for three years and never get the mount. I farmed the old ZG religiously (once I was high enough level), yet never saw either mount before they removed it. Sorry to be a downer, but I'd be horribly sad if they did that again. Especially to that particular raid. I hope in this case they wouldn't dare.

As Castile says, hopefully it's a new wing (like the long-fabled upside-down or underground version of Kara).

If not, this will be of major concern to pet collectors as well! But at least those drop with greater frequency and are easy to farm up.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I agree with Wain i'd be really sad if Kara went away/got redone. Not just because I haven't gotten the mount yet. But because it also means a lot to me. And I am sure there are a lot of other people who would hate to see Kara gone/redid too.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Loridon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loridon »

Castile wrote:I would hope they'd just add a new "wing" to the castle and leave the original raid as is.
I dont think blizz add a new wing. Why i think that? Remember the cleaning up blizz did in kara?There must be a reason for doing that!
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/357 ... on-Cosplay

But we will have to wait to see what happens to kara. I just started this topic to warn people. Its always possible that the mount got removed or replaced for another mount like blizz did with the ZG mounts.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Loridon wrote:
Castile wrote:I would hope they'd just add a new "wing" to the castle and leave the original raid as is.
I dont think blizz add a new wing. Why i think that? Remember the cleaning up blizz did in kara?There must be a reason for doing that!

But we will have to wait to see what happens to kara. I just started this topic to warn people. Its always possible that the mount got removed or replaced for another mount like blizz did with the ZG mounts.
But I don't think they'd replace the raid like they did ZG either..why? Because it caused alot of angst and backlash at the time - and especially the removal of the two mounts. I don't think Blizz will remove mounts again if they can help it.

Theres still unexplored parts of kara to use too...also if I was Khadgar I wouldn't live there...too creepy :P

Shadowlands

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Loridon wrote:

True. That is a good point :/. It's always possible it was cleaned up so that it will make sense with respect to a new area, i.e. it's inhabited again, but I see why you're worried the whole thing will change.
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

So lets say they did revamp the whole thing - what's going to happen to things like the pets, teir sets and awesome transmog (i never did get my friggin bow!!) thats in kara?

Shadowlands

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Castile wrote:So lets say they did revamp the whole thing - what's going to happen to things like the pets, teir sets and awesome transmog (i never did get my friggin bow!!) thats in kara?
Yeah, that's the major worry here. I mean I also would be frustrated if they f#^%ed with one of the most loved and colourfully designed raids in WoW history, but the pets, mount and transmog are probably the things that would affect people the most.

At least pets are reasonably easy to farm compared to the mount. The drop rate is way above 1%. Getting exactly the breed you want may take longer. But at least if they announced a change then everyone but the most horribly unlucky would have time to farm the pets and the transmog. The mount would be ZG all over again.
Loridon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loridon »

Castile wrote:So lets say they did revamp the whole thing - what's going to happen to things like the pets, teir sets and awesome transmog (i never did get my friggin bow!!) thats in kara?
If we assume kara becomes a lv 110 raid:

Teir/weapons: maybe they doing something like witn naxx in wotlk. Teirs that look like the old teirs from back then.
Alot of the weapons in wotlk naxx had the same look (and name) as from the old naxx.

Pets: I dont rlly collect pets so didn't thought about it first but its easy to add them to a new boss.
For example the worg carrier was a q reward,now its drops in BRD.

Mounts: same like the pets,easy to add them to a new boss. But so far I know,they never did that with a mount.
Edit: yes they did with the Deathcharger's Reins!

Remark: we can't farm all the stuff like we can do now.

@Castile don't give up if you rlly want that bow,never give up!Farm it every week.
The tigermount from zg is my favo mount. I first saw it in Thunderbluff back in vanilla,I told to myself that someday I shall have it.For me its the ultimate groundmount.
In Tbc I always joined raidgroups for ZG,never saw a mount drop.
In beginning of wotlk its was possible to kill the boss with 3 ppl, never saw a mount drop.
From the moment I could solo it I did it every week,again and again. In 2009 the mount dropped for me :) and in 2010 the raptor.
So dont give up!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I'm personally hoping that they might finally open the unused Crypts wing and add new things in there, leaving the rest of Kara untouched and finally giving access to a very awesome area that fans have loved for years. :)
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Vephriel wrote:I'm personally hoping that they might finally open the unused Crypts wing and add new things in there, leaving the rest of Kara untouched and finally giving access to a very awesome area that fans have loved for years. :)
That's exactly what I'm hoping for. Players have known for years about the hidden Crypts part of Kara, with the upside down sinners room (oh man that was creepy). I think a lot of people would be mad if they where to revamp Kara instead of opening up the Crypts as a new wing.
ImageImage
Doc Privas
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Doc Privas »

Crypts? I always wanted to see them used!

Cloudstrider - Highmountain Tauren Hunter
Argent Dawn EU

Nimrod
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU - Ghostlands

Unread post by Nimrod »

Well, the Crypts are actually constructed around the size of a dungeon.

I'd hope that if they decide to use Karazhan, it would have two versions - a time-locked original accessible via NPC, and an updated version with new bosses that reference the old.

Loridon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loridon »

In the World of Warcraft Q&A:
"Karazhan will be relevant in Legion. The secrets we need to beat the Burning Legion are in Karazhan. Karazhan could be a 5 player dungeon in Patch 7.1."

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/525 ... 9#comments
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Yeah, I saw that too. Ideally, there will be two instance portals similar to Stratholme. One leading to the raid, another to the new dungeon. I am very excited about a revamped Kara, but only if the old raid is left intact as it's such a neat place.

Another scenario is that one of the new bosses in the dungeon drops the mount, and maybe the pets too.

Even though I already have the warhorse & the pets, I really hope Blizz doesn't remove them for those who haven't gotten lucky yet.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Well there is that old raid/dungeon portal at the top of the tower that never lead anywhere. maybe they will use that.
ZG and ZA were both pretty box shaped outside zones you could mount in with straightforward paths but Kara seems kind of big and maze-like to be cut down into just one dungeon. I bet we either go in from a different entrance or discover a new wing.
I don't think they would want to deal with the outrage of having a fan favorite chopped up like that anyway. I also seem to recall them saying they regretted removing the zg mounts and try to avoid doing stuff like that.

Loridon
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Loridon »

On wowhead.

"Will there be timewalking raids?
Not there yet, but we're thinking about revisitng old raids like we did with ZG and ZA."

http://www.wowhead.com/news=249804/dark ... ss-changes