Unlocking Class mounts: What are the requirements?

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unlocking Class mounts: What are the requirements?

Unread post by Shade »

I am having a great deal of trouble trying to understand something right now.

What EXACTLY are the requirements for unlocking each class mount in 7.2? I can see what is required for unlocking flight, and have done what I need to and what I can at the moment on at least one of my toons already. But what about the mounts?

A buddy and I have been playing around on alts during this lull between 7.1 and 7.2. We are now at having six characters at max level and were starting to level our next set of 100s but got bored and decided to see if we could go about unlocking what we need to do to get the class mounts for 7.2.

I am thinking you just have to get to the point were you unlock your class specific title, but she disagrees and we can't find a clear answer anywhere. Help please?

For example-my hunter has finished, in her quest log, all quests marked under the "Order Hall" tab and "Hunter Campaign" tab. She has unlocked the Huntmaster title.

My Druid on the other hand unlocked her "Archdruid" Title last night. When I look in her quest tab, the "Order Hall" quests are all gone (ie done) but she still has two Druid Campaign quests ("Eye of the Azshara: Clensing the Dreamway" and The Emerald Nightmare") Am I set, in terms of what I can do at this point, to unlock her new flight form in 7.2 or do I have to continue doing those Druid campaign Quests?
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Unlocking Class mounts: What are the requirements?

Unread post by Vephriel »

You can start your class mount quest by finishing the Broken Isles Pathfinder (Part Two) and unlocking flying in Legion!
http://ptr.wowhead.com/achievement=1144 ... r-part-two
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Yes and thanks Veph, that is something that I saw-but it says it only unlocks Flying in the Broken Isles, nothing about the mounts. And as I understand it you only have to do the two acehivements on one character to unlock flying for all characters.

But it says nothing about the class mounts.

Is it if I unlock the class mount on my hunter it unlocks the class mounts on all of my other toons (I have one of everything between 100 and 110 right now)?

Or do I have to do a specific set of quests on each individual character/class to unlock that class mount? And if so-is it the Order Hall quests on each toon or the Class Campaign (Ie Hunter Campaign, Druid Campaign, Mage Campaign, etc) quests on each toon?
Vephriel

Since the pathfinder achievement should be account wide, it's possible that the class mount quest will become available for all 110 alts, though I imagine each individual character will have to complete the class mount quest chain (I'm positive every alt won't obtain their class mount automatically after one character does it). I do think they described the class mounts as a continuation of the order hall campaign though, so if I had to guess I'd say you'd have to at least complete the order hall campaign on a character before it becomes available.
Vephriel

And from today's Q&A:
Class Mounts

You will need to be exalted with the new faction and finish the new campaign before you can unlock the new class mounts.
There is a weekly campaign quest for eleven weeks. There is a day delay for each week when it comes to catching up, so you will be able to catch up quickly.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

That's what I was thinking. Seems easy enough to do.
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

Hmm I wonder about different colors of a class mount though.. I have one hunter who is BM the other is surv.. i'm close to finishing up my bm hunter traits but my surv hunter is behind just too much to do not enough time lol. The question is do I have to get both hunters up to exalted to get both colors?
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

sasrei7 wrote:Hmm I wonder about different colors of a class mount though.. I have one hunter who is BM the other is surv.. i'm close to finishing up my bm hunter traits but my surv hunter is behind just too much to do not enough time lol. The question is do I have to get both hunters up to exalted to get both colors?
Good question. If you only have time for your BM right now it may end up requiring less time and energy to wait until your BM has learned all the new artifact knowledge research and then max out the traits on a SV weapon on that character. At that point the earlier weapon traits will be trivial to max out. Then again it's possible more catch-up tomes are coming, which would make it equally trivial to max out the weapon on your SV alt. Then you'd just have to worry about their Legionfall rep.

That was a long way of saying "it's hard to say", but personally I'd look at doing them all on one Hunter.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
jmaster299

Unread post by jmaster299 »

Unlocking class mounts won't happen for another 6 or 7 weeks until Tomb opens. The 11 week long quest we are in the middle of right now is part of the requirement for the class mount. No word if it will also require killing Kil'jaeden like the Mana Saber mount reward required killing Gul'dan after the 9 week quest that led to the opening of the Nighthold. As for the other looks, they haven't said anything official yet, but I'd put my money on it requiring having all traits maxed with 1 point in Concordance of the Legionfall.

One of their intentions with that final AP dump is to make putting additional points into it so prohibitive that it's better to dump hundreds of millions of AP into one of your other weapons instead of spending it on just 1 more point into Concordance of the Legionfall. It will literally become so expensive that you'll be able to go from 35 to 52 in one of your other weapons for the same AP it would take to put 1 more point into your main weapon.
Melissa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring EU

Unread post by Melissa »

I asked in the Q&A today whether the exalted requirement would be account-wide, and my question actually got answered!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzuo4F75M4U&t=21m39s

The requirement will not be account-wide. Largely because it no longer exists. You will not need exalted in order to get your class mount.

So it's just the class campaign and Broken Shore campaign you'll need now.
I have a Tumblr!
I no longer main my Hunter; Legion changes have unfortunately put me off from the class. However I still plan to stick around for the community here ^^
My Current Main! (Updated once more as I switched factions!)
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

Woooouhoooou \o/
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

So to get the different colors you need 52 in each specific artifact.. dang lol got my BM to 52 and thats with doing alot of dailies, heroic daily every day and raids each week. Feel bad for casuals lol
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

My priest's artifact is not maxed. I (finally) finished Pathfinder Parts 1 & 2. As soon as I turned in the last quest in the Breaching the Tomb achievement, I received the quest for the class mount. Lysende has not yet unlocked Concordance, so I do not believe that is a requirement.

If I misunderstood what "52" meant, I apologize, and please ignore everything I just said. :lol:

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

Some class have all the colors linked to the spec (Death Knight, Mage, Priest, Warrior, Shamans) and don't need to do anything once the quest unlocked. (But can't use any color on any spec. The purple gryphon-owl is only on shadow priest, etc.)
Other class have others mount colors, that can be used in any spec, but you need to have maxed the weapon to 52 to bought them (Hunter, Paladins, Rogue, some warlock spec I think?)
And some have nothing at all (Looking at you Monks and Demon Hunter! :D)

[Edit] Oh right, and druids. Druids are race-bound for the colors! (NE weird-blue-green, worgen in white, tauren in brown and trolls in red, me think)
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

If you have a druid, I would wait on trying to get it. It was promised as a mount, but put in as a form during beta because of 'bugs'... But never turned back into a mount. Cant use it on your other druids either. It replaces your normal flight form and you cant use it in no fly zones/bgs like the other mounts can.
Pretty lame :C

Siggy under construction!