7.3.5 PTR - Call of the Scarab Qiraji Mounts

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: 7.3.5 PTR - Call of the Scarab Qiraji Mounts

Unread post by Wain »

Tårnfalk wrote:
Wain wrote:I think they should open up for the option to do the opening of Aq Gates as an optional quest linie you could take. It should give you a reasonable time to get the ressources together and open the Gates your self. It would be a costly and time consuming thing to do but I feel ppl should get the option. Blizzard need to incorperate some sandbox into their game :).

The reason that they don't is because a lot of the pieces of the original questline aren't in game anymore. Azuregos, Stewvul, the Isle of Dread and the Chimaeroks on it, Meridith the Mermaiden, etc.

Couldn't they just make it like theramore. . A person you talk to to get "timewarped " into a place where the old zones are?
I think most of the old world was dismantled during Cataclysm, because it wasn't very well put-together to begin with. Zones preCata never really lined up perfectly, etc. So, unlike Theramore, Blasted Lands and Silithus, I don't think it's as simple as allowing access to an old phase. They could still put in the time and add all the quests back in but it would require a fair bit of work. I'd love it if they did it, but I don't expect it's going to happen. I did the quest chain prior to Cata and thought it was fantastic. Epic adventure and some very funny bits.
I guess they could open for it on the classic servers. I heard rumors that classic is going to work like diablo. You have 1 year to get the achivements you want then it resets but allowing your main charecter to keep what you get...rumors have it that each year will have special rewards like outfits etc.
I was reading that quote and thinking... I didn’t write that! I think it got chopped up ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Heh I don't know what happened. .but yeah it merged multiple quotes from me and some others into one...

It's weird that the blogs o sphere is buzzing with that classic servers will work like diablo if blizzard never said anything. .. multiple YouTubers mentions it too.. so I guess that's just smoke with out any fire?

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Basically. Blizz has never said anything about Classic servers, other than that they'll be a thing, and that the only changes to them will be bug and exploit fixes. They will not be adding anything to Classic that wasn't originally in it.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Plans can change, but I’d be surprised if they make many changes to Classic too. I would expect cross-game stuff, like Battlenet ties, as those are a core part of Blizzard games now, which in turn may lead to people being able to broadcast on their friends list for groups, but maybe not much more.

I hope they roll it out slowly, though, and release patches in a way that mimics how it was originally released, i.e. AQ won’t appear till near the end and players will have to work hard to unlock it again.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Oh, I'm sure there'll have Bnet be apart of it, but I can't see them altering Classic much more than that. They want it to be as close to Classic as it originally was. Whether they'll have the patches gradually roll out or not is still up in the air. But whatever the case, I can't see them adding rewards for playing Classic that carry over to Live. Classic is meant to be an entirely optional thing. Adding rewards that carry over to Live would make people that don't want to play Classic feel like they have to in order to get those rewards.
Magnakilro
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

Its confirmed that the red and blue new qiraji mounts are temporary mounts during the Call of the Scarab micro-holiday. The Black One is a reward for Scarab Lord players...like the original black one.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Magnakilro wrote:Its confirmed that the red and blue new qiraji mounts are temporary mounts during the Call of the Scarab micro-holiday. The Black One is a reward for Scarab Lord players...like the original black one.
Ok....so.....they made that awesome black silithid to reward a handful of people that did something quite a few years ago? Again? Because the first reward was not apparently enough?

Really.

That's all they made that for.

We can't even tame it.

Well, who here is a Scarab Lord?
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Teigan wrote:
Magnakilro wrote:Its confirmed that the red and blue new qiraji mounts are temporary mounts during the Call of the Scarab micro-holiday. The Black One is a reward for Scarab Lord players...like the original black one.
Ok....so.....they made that awesome black silithid to reward a handful of people that did something quite a few years ago? Again? Because the first reward was not apparently enough?

Really.

That's all they made that for.

We can't even tame it.

Well, who here is a Scarab Lord?
Original Scarab Lords you can probably count on one hand. Those that still play are usually accounts sold since most original ones moved on from WoW.

The vast majority of Scarab Lords you'll encounter in game will have cheesed it in WoTLK.

Is it petty and childish of me that I really hope people make enough of an uproar over this that they at the very least reconsider it?
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I have seen some anger across forums, but I've also seen more being either indifferent or are supportive of it. Most that have voiced support have clarified that they are not Scarab Lords
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:I have seen some anger across forums, but I've also seen more being either indifferent or are supportive of it. Most that have voiced support have clarified that they are not Scarab Lords
I've seen plenty of support and (valid) anger. Something that is created today, with the subscription money of people playing today, and that has only a passing resemblance to a mount obtained by people who had their guild help them do a thing over a decade ago shouldn't just be thrown to them, while current players get told "build a time machine or be shit out of luck."

But because of this event, I have a good idea for Blizzard.

You know that new Battle for Azeroth horse mount model, right? Well, since Blizzard has decided they're so fond of stuff like this, why don't they just make that new model a mount, but only give it to the original owners of the now-retired Palomino mount? They deserve a little prestige for playing that long. :^)

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I never said that I agree with Blizz's decision or with the support of it. I've just been relaying what I have seen thus far.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:I never said that I agree with Blizz's decision or with the support of it. I've just been relaying what I have seen thus far.
True! I'm just offering a counter-argument that on WoWhead, Twitter and MMO-Champion I've seen plenty people that were unsatisfied with it.

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Valnaaros wrote:I have seen some anger across forums, but I've also seen more being either indifferent or are supportive of it. Most that have voiced support have clarified that they are not Scarab Lords
I do find it hard to believe there is alot of support and understanding for giving a second reward to a group of people who did a thing over a decade ago and most of whom probably don't even play anymore.
Last edited by Teigan on Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Teigan wrote:I do find it hard to believe there is alot of support and understanding for giving a second reward to a group of people who did a thing over a decade ago and most of whom probably don't even play anymore.
I'm appalled. As the owner of the original Rhok'delar, I am absolutely livid that they let people playing today get the Legion Rhok'delar update, instead of giving it exclusively to people who own the old one!!!! :evil:

(sarcasm)

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Qraljar wrote:
Teigan wrote:I do find it hard to believe there is alot of support and understanding for giving a second reward to a group of people who did a thing over a decade ago and most of whom probably don't even play anymore.
I'm appalled. As the owner of the original Rhok'delar, I am absolutely livid that they let people playing today get the Legion Rhok'delar update, instead of giving it exclusively to people who own the old one!!!! :evil:

(sarcasm)
You should be! No one else should ever have had a chance to have an updated, modern version of something from retired content! Blasphemy!
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Teigan wrote:
Qraljar wrote:

(sarcasm)
You should be! No one else should ever have had a chance to have an updated, modern version of something from retired content! Blasphemy!
REEEE. And THUNDERFURY?

Really? Giving it to Rogues as some casual "hidden skin"? That doesn't even make sense.

That updated Thunderfury should have gone exclusively to original owners of Thunderfury. Bah humbug.

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

Anyone that didn't play from day 1 should get by with a pointed stick and a hobby horse for a mount!
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Teigan wrote:Anyone that didn't play from day 1 should get by with a pointed stick and a hobby horse for a mount!
No, no. The hobby horse is only available to the original owners of the retired Palomino mount. They deserve their prestige for playing for so long! Entitled casual!

Teigan

Unread post by Teigan »

"Datamined" ;)

Attachments
hobby horse.png
hobby horse.png (346.6 KiB) Viewed 3157 times
mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

Apparently several devs have that title, one of them being Ion? I've seen speculation that they wanted a super special mount most players can't get and this is just a cover :\
Would have been nice as a drop from the new rares or some upcoming dungeon/raid.
I've only seen someone using the title/old mount once and I've been playing since 2006.