Mount Acomplishment Thread

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: Mount Acomplishment Thread

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I got the worm mount about an hour ago, but it doesn't feel special. Ugly, takes no effort, skill, or luck to get, and is just a mindless (hue) waste of time to go after.

A welcome addition to the number of mounts at least, in preparation for the eventual 350 mount achievement.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Thanks to the Discord I got my worm mount not too keen on it now I have it but as said it is the journey that started with a small step and during this journey I took my hunter places she never been, learned things I never knew such as I can solo parts of SOO on LFR and saw Well of Eternity at least up to final bosses even seeing Ragnaros again though I let him live for now cause was in hurry to get those pages.

Again thank you Petopia for taking me and my hunter on an awesome adventure.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Yeah took no effort if you just looked up a guide on Wowhead after the fact, but that's how these secret things normally are. See: Kosumoth. But personally as someone that participated and modded the hunt, spending hours with the others actually looking for the pages.. I enjoyed it. Was a lot of fun listening to all the lore nerds chat together from all over the world. Had Nobbel join us as well as other youtubers, and had Muffinus spying on us for the last two weeks taunting and trolling us on his twitter.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Jelani
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary

Unread post by Jelani »

Was home sick today, not sure of what to do...Knew nothing about this mount til I saw it on MMO champ this morning XD

I learned I can solo parts of SoO now :D

I actually enjoyed the running around. And having the Shrine hearth and Dal hearth made things easier XD

YAY! Flight Rising! Rawr!

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I also got this mount today, and am - with difficulty - trying to decide whether it's absolutely hideous, or so hideous that it's beautiful.

The running around was fun, but the items/pages were SO hard to see. no twinkle, no quest item effect, nothing.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Merneron
Realm: Bronze Dragonflight

Unread post by Merneron »

I need to say, that this mount was for me like a nightmare. That time when grind is combined with RNG is now and requires a little luck with you but for me I finally got it.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

My friend and I just completed our Thundering Raider meta!!! :D I'm so glad to finally have this mount it's adorable and I love it. <3 Perfect for my troll.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Could I ask how you guys did Crossing the Streams, Veph? :0 that's the last one that I'm stuck on and my pals and I can't figure it out for the life of us!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Vephriel

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Could I ask how you guys did Crossing the Streams, Veph? :0 that's the last one that I'm stuck on and my pals and I can't figure it out for the life of us!
I'm not really sure how to explain it in detail, but the wowhead comments might paint a clearer picture, honestly it was my friend that ended up doing that one because I died to the AoE, but I know we followed the steps people wrote here: http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=8098 ... d#comments (it just takes a lot of patience and very quick reflexes and good eyesight to be able to see the little glow before one of the things spawns and get in position, I was rubbish at it myself, watching a video helped though)
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Thank you much! I'll try it out at some point- mmmaybe once I get a class that can survive it. :,)

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

Well, would you look at that. "Oh, I'll delete this [Demon Hunter] character. She's already on Quel Danas, may as well kill Kael'Thas, just in case. [Cut to a dead Kael'Thas] ... Well."
(Bonus with newly tamed DGR (Damn Giant Raptor))
Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

Early this morning, I was suddenly woken by a dream about finding the Long Forgotten Hippogryph. I decided that I needed to go check and see if the crystals were up and sure enough they were. Finding it this way is such a strange and surreal feeling!

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Funk
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: several...

Unread post by Funk »

Ok... I don't think I've ever posted here (at least not in many years), so I'm going to highlight the mounts I am most excited to get - or was most excited to get. A few I have had since MoP (when I started playing).

I earned this kitty healing 3's in MoP. For years my Druid was the only one to use it, so I'm pretty stoked to use it on my alts now that it's account bound. I love this thing.

Edit: I almost forgot - now that these mounts are account wide, I also have the Horde equivalent! I don't have a screenshot atm but it's this guy:
Forsaken hype! (I have a few Forsaken to level...)

So, funny story. When my friend got me to play WoW, what finally won me over was Cloud Serpents. She was like "you can RIDE these in the upcoming expansion" (paraphrased since she was still explaining how the game worked but yeah). Fast forward to patch 5.2, and I'm on Skype with my arena partner (irl friend). I had been farming Sha for quite a while, and since weekly reset had just happened, I went to kill him (it?) for the week. I said to my friend, "One minute, I just need to get my weekly gold from Sha"... then it dropped.

I'm really glad withered training is over...

I haven't pvp'd much this expac so I'm working on the higher prestige level dudes but... it's a unicorn <3

I really want to tame this thing tho...

The only garrison invasion mount that would drop for me.

Another bout of world boss luck. This dude dropped for me this expac, actually. In fact, I got all the stone direhorns this expac/prepatch (sans the Jade one which I got in MoP). My troll shaman uses this one a lot, along with the rep direhorn for Horde. It's always nice not just getting a rare mount for the +1 to the mount total but also because you like using it. I love this one (and the Sha one, actually, since I die for cloud serpents).

I think that's enough for now... I have a lot more that I love (even though they aren't rare or hard to get) so I might include them in another post down the road.
funk#1402

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I can't believe this finally dropped today!!

I also got this awesome guy awhile back, but never got around to sharing. I never expected to own this one but ecstatic I was able to get my hands on one after all.

Up to 366! Just need at least one of the dang paragon mounts to drop.. still at 0.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Vephriel

Ahhh I did it! :D

20x each of the PvP WQs was a bit of a pain and I got started late (and god Darkbrul Arena had the worst timing for me, it was always the one that popped in the middle of the night), but it was absolutely worth it because this is one of the best wolf mounts in the game in my opinion. It's so gorgeous!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I'm glad I showed you how to get it :p

I have not posted in here in a bit so art dump time! Most are from Garrison invasions (I did not know they dropped mounts!)

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

Congrats everyone on your new mounts!

I got this beautiful boy today - a huge surprise!

I'm not ashamed to say I cried a bit. I love him. <3

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Kalasta
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Uther

Unread post by Kalasta »

After a month farming MV, this drops! :D

A big thank-you to Tårnfalk for re-sizing this sig pic.

Nhee
Realm: Draenor EU

Unread post by Nhee »

Man I wish I had some of you guys' luck. I've had all these raids on farm for ages, and all I've got to show for it is the Azure Drake. :( Congrats all around tho, seeing other people get the drops motivates me to keep trying!

I did get the 3 Suramar mounts last week though (fox, kitty, carpet), so I'm pretty chuffed about that. I'm on my phone right now, so will edit this post with pics once I get home.

Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Krosus was uncooperative last week with his cinder placement, but this week he was very helpful. Took two tries for the raid to get the achievement last night and it was the last one we needed for the mount:

I'm not thrilled about the angle, but dang it's hard to get a decent screenshot on a moose mount where the antlers don't obscure one's character.