Mists of Pandaria Mounts

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: New MOP Mounts Inc

Unread post by Quiv »

I always thought myself a casual mount collector, never realized I had so many oO (148).

This does make me wonder about the next tier of mount achieve, and BOA. Right now on beta, my horde has my mounts. However when I got to a beta alliance character, the faction specifics don't show up any equivalent. For example, I have the 5 horde faction pvp mounts (black war raptor, etc), but on alliance I have none of the pvp mounts.

What I wonder is will this allow us to double dip with out mount totals? If I collect all horde faction mounts (wolves, kodos etc), and then collect all the alliance mounts (hordes, elekks etc) will they all count toward the achieve? makes me wonder if the ach will remain character based but the reward boa?

if the next tier of achievements allow for this double dip, then 150 will be much easier.
Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Quivering wrote:This does make me wonder about the next tier of mount achieve, and BOA. Right now on beta, my horde has my mounts. However when I got to a beta alliance character, the faction specifics don't show up any equivalent. For example, I have the 5 horde faction pvp mounts (black war raptor, etc), but on alliance I have none of the pvp mounts.
I think they specifically mentioned that those PVP mounts would not flip over to the other faction.

(i could be wrong)
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I thought I read that as well. Mounts like pvp mounts would not be converted over.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

<(" <) (> ")> Happy Dance!! <(" <) (> ")>

On the 17th the Obsidian Nightwing becomes the new RAF mount so my unclaimed Touring Rocket will mutate into a living, winged stone cat.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKL3ykAp ... r_embedded

I used to be super jealous of everyone who got the RAF mounts because I have no irl friends who are interested in WoW at all. Now I don't care because that is one messed up mount.

Onyx Panther + Winged Guardian wings painted black. Because those wings *totally* match with the body. *Eyeroll*

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

That youtube video was posted back in April. Though I'd hoped by now they would have "finished" the model, aka blended the wings. Even so, I've my "cheap" christmas bought wow boxes sitting in a drawer waiting for MoP so I can RAF myself for mount and power leveling.

~~~
~~~
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Royi

Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Royi »

Makoes wrote:That youtube video was posted back in April. Though I'd hoped by now they would have "finished" the model, aka blended the wings. Even so, I've my "cheap" christmas bought wow boxes sitting in a drawer waiting for MoP so I can RAF myself for mount and power leveling.
I have a box saved as well! Does powerleveling work pretty decently if you have two computers? Do you just put one on auto-follow and then kill things with the other?
:) ~ Formally known as Royi ~
Makoes

Unread post by Makoes »

I dunno, never done it. Was just going to use the one computer, set the raf toon on follow, have free-for-all looting, and occasionally tab to the background screen when quest items needed looting.
Going to wait about a month after MoP release though before doing it, hoping to take advantage of all the dead animals to skin to rack up some extra gold this time around.

I hope though that the RaF mounts wings get blended more though....

~~~
~~~
~~~

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Everdeen wrote:Onyx Panther + Winged Guardian wings painted black. Because those wings *totally* match with the body. *Eyeroll*

To be honest, it may be similar to the Onyx Panther, but the thing it does not have (which I really don't care for at all) is all the random coloured gem chunks sticking out of it like "Disco Rainbow Chip" kitty. Just to much imo.

This one does not have these which makes me VERY happy and I cant WAIT to get one (even though I already have the last 2 RAF mounts, yes let the jelly flow!)

the Obsidian Nightwing is a play on the....

Obsidian Destroyer.
An obsidian destroyer is a creature made out of obsidian. It has the lower body resembling a powerfully built panther with a pair of great black wings protruding from its back. Almost twenty feet wide, these latter appendages appear carved from old, porous stone. The creature's upper body is humanoid. A pair of dazzling emerald eyes set within deep, cavernous sockets stand out in the midst of the creature's shriveled, skeletal face

I always liked these designs and models ever since their release in WC3

That and for me, it's one of the 1st (flying) mounts that is predominantly black in colour. Sure we have black drakes (which look like Vegemite :lol: ) and other blackish mounts... but none of them all black. The closest I found was the IronBound Proto, but he still has a lot of "Blue Shiny" emanating from his mouth and runes.

Anyways, with the black theme I'm planning on running with in MOP, I'm going to be as happy a pig in poo when this one becomes available, cant WAIT! :D

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The obsidian destroyer wings are how I think this one should be handled. When it was previewed with organic wings I was sure they were placeholders, but I'm yet to see any change to that. It looks odd to me. Like a statue with live human arms attached to it.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Wain wrote:The obsidian destroyer wings are how I think this one should be handled. When it was previewed with organic wings I was sure they were placeholders, but I'm yet to see any change to that. It looks odd to me. Like a statue with live human arms attached to it.
This. The Obsidian Destroyer's wings actually match well with the body since they look like they might be made of stone.

And the video might have been posted in April but since then, MMO-C actually put the video up on their website themselves when they announced the new RAF mount. And they changed the title of the video. So I'm guessing they have already dug through files to see if there was any changes to the mount and that there was none, so they simply copy/pasted the old video. Here's hoping Blizz does make some changes, but if people can start claiming the mount in just a few more days, I seriously doubt it.

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

Whether it kept the feathered wings or will gets the stone wings I really don't mind since its not the Rocket. *and I can have more RP fun with it too.*
Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

The phoenix got a tail animation! :D

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore-US, Wyrmrest Accord-US

Unread post by Ziarre »

Spiritbinder wrote:This one does not have these which makes me VERY happy and I cant WAIT to get one (even though I already have the last 2 RAF mounts, yes let the jelly flow!)
*is not jelly, has them too!* Well, might be jealous if I can't convince anyone to let me RAF them. :c Want them all!
Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Shaiel - 110 Night Elf Hunter
Sahkar - 110 Mag'har Orc Hunter
Tumblr!

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

Acherontia wrote:

It's like daring someone to go insult a bunch of kindly old nuns. You'll wind up going back to your friends with a story about how they smiled at your insults and tried to give you cookies, or something.

Tumblr!

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

OH MY FREAKING GOD. If I wasn't sold on MoP before, I sure am now. I can't not have it what with all these new mounts! I NEED THEM ALL.

Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

The Riding Yak animation is hilariously adorable. Some people may not like the bouncy animation, but its just a laugh riot to me. Making it one of the best ground mounts Blizz has ever made.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Thanks for the link, Ziarre.

And Arwyn, I love the Riding Yaks too!

What I'm really excited about is the Klaxxi exalted mount:
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

I'd never seen the tigers before, so I totally spazzed when I saw them. And the phoenixes... Probably the mounts I'm excited about most. They're beyond stunning.

Ziarre
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ziarre »

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/285 ... uild-15882

Two words: Kite. Mounts.

Also, all of the cloud serpents apparently require the cloud serpent riding skill now, if they didn't already.
Acherontia wrote:

Tumblr!