Mists of Pandaria Mounts

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: New MOP Mounts Inc

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Elves just have longer ears then Humans, It would be stupid for them to make it a subrace when we, as the players, can make both of them pink..... oh wait, what?

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

Jessibelle wrote:It's very silly to call someone 'a subrace' because they have a different color than you. Almost insulting even. But that's just my opinion on the matter. I'm not gonna call the red pandaren something I feel is considered inferior.
Meh, I don't see the big deal. We already play subraces, Blood Elves, Worgen, Trolls, even Draeni are considerably a subspecies of Eredar(I think that's the correct 'race'?)... It'd be nothing more than having split lineages, like the Trolls, only the Pandaren live in harmony with their fellow subspecies.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Spiritbinder wrote:Elves just have longer ears then Humans, It would be stupid for them to make it a subrace when we, as the players, can make both of them pink..... oh wait, what?
Elves are an entirely different race. They're not a subrace of each other.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Gimlion wrote:
Jessibelle wrote:It's very silly to call someone 'a subrace' because they have a different color than you. Almost insulting even. But that's just my opinion on the matter. I'm not gonna call the red pandaren something I feel is considered inferior.
Meh, I don't see the big deal. We already play subraces, Blood Elves, Worgen, Trolls, even Draeni are considerably a subspecies of Eredar(I think that's the correct 'race'?)... It'd be nothing more than having split lineages, like the Trolls, only the Pandaren live in harmony with their fellow subspecies.
Or they're not a subspecies at all. They're just a variation.

LisaaraPokefarm

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Gimlion wrote:
Thats what I was getting at. Theres many differnt types of trolls that came from one type so why can't there be two Pandaren?
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

cowmuflage wrote:
Gimlion wrote:
Thats what I was getting at. Theres many differnt types of trolls that came from one type so why can't there be two Pandaren?
Trolls actually have more than just color differences and actually descended from the Zandalari tribe(could call it the Proto-Trolls). The Pandaren did not. They are one race. There was no proto-pandaren. Being a different color/having a different tail doesn't make you a subrace. There's a lot more factors involved. The way the trolls have descended isn't the same as being a different colored Pandaren.

Methinks some are thinking way too deep into this.
Last edited by Lisaara on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

LisaaraPokefarm

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Please do not demonize a simple pondering by attempting to tie it to racism in humanity. Sub-race is a taxonomic term that simply means the race can be split into two different groups with distinct biological features and applies to all kinds of living things. "Sub" in this sense doesn't imply inferior, just that the category of classification is a level lower than race. I was just wondering if red and black Pandaren might be two distinct groups or if it's just a skin colour thing. In which case it would seem odd that red colour also results exclusively in long tails, but hey it's a magical world.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Ok ok, Nobody is right and no body is wrong, lets agree to disagree here. I'm sure Wain did not want this thread to go this way by posting a simple, "Oh I wonder if ?"

So let's get back on track....

Oh look shiny mounts! Yay ! ! !

After looking at the Kite mount, it's a little hard to make our how you ride it. I wonder if you take the same pose as when your riding a magic carpet, or sit down on it or what not. I always did like the way some models would ride the carpets ( the female blood evens in particular with their crouched forward position) Will have to try and find a better screen shot.

­
­
­
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Well no one knows intill the expack comes out and they say what they are.
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wain wrote:
Please do not demonize a simple pondering by attempting to tie it to racism in humanity. Sub-race is a taxonomic term that simply means the race can be split into two different groups with distinct biological features and applies to all kinds of living things. "Sub" in this sense doesn't imply inferior, just that the category of classification is a level lower than race. I was just wondering if red and black Pandaren might be two distinct groups or if it's just a skin colour thing. In which case it would seem odd that red colour also results exclusively in long tails, but hey it's a magical world.
Wasn't demonizing. I explained the reasoning in the post above yours.

Anywho...yes back on topic.....I want that shiny dragon in the back that looks all opalescent.
Last edited by Lisaara on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

LisaaraPokefarm

MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Do I see babies in the back? D'aww!
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

MaximumOverdrive wrote: Do I see babies in the back? D'aww!
OMG, Nice spotting, I totally missed them! SO CUTE! :D

They may be tied into the whole "Pick a colour and raise it" quests they were talking about regarding how to obtain them, we will have to wait and see I guess
Last edited by SpiritBinder on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

­
­
­
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

I thought this thread was about new MOP mounts...whats all this race/subrace talk have to do with that? Please return to the topic of the post, and take this off topic stuff to the PM's or its own thread. this is NOT the place for it.

All these images of the cloud serpents look amazing!!! And the shadow kite is cool to! I must say that so far there isnt a mount shown in this coming expansion that I dont like!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

We really should have mods to do the modding :lol:
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

the lil babies back there are so cute!

LisaaraPokefarm

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The babies look like the spirit of competition. At least from this distance.
Last edited by Wain on Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Wain wrote:The babies look like the spirit of competition.
Probably, but I bet the models are different, but same skeleton. I see two different colors back there right now.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

MaximumOverdrive wrote:
Probably, but I bet the models are different, but same skeleton. I see two different colors back there right now.
True. I'll dig around in the database and see if I can find them :) The spirit of competition model always had a number of other colours. They were just never used on Western servers. But then they could be a new model.
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Wain wrote:
MaximumOverdrive wrote:
True. I'll dig around in the database and see if I can find them :) The spirit of competition model always had a number of other colours. They were just never used on Western servers. But then they could be a new model.
That'd be awesome if you find them. Then again, they could be place holders too (the goats for a while were using the Talbuk models til recently). Also, you said in another thread the tigers came in multiple colors too? Can you show those?
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Im quite surprised to see that blizz gave the black panda's tails entirely :lol: the little stubs in the back look weird but hilarious and really not all that bad. It really does look like a tiny tail rather then a stub of one that was chopped off. I figured cause bears have such small tails by nature, blizz would omit it entirely. Nice to see ^^

Im really liking the grey one and the metallic blue/pink one to the right side. All in all whatever color i go with for each of my characters really depends on the character, class, and what background i see them in. Do we know if they're available to the other races? Or is it just pandarens only?

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |