Zorikune's Journal: Argus Rares Finished

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Sophistique
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Aman'Thul (US)

Re: Zorikune's Journal: Farming Al'akir

Unread post by Sophistique »

OO nice, I need to get a lock out on him and work on soloing him on Soph (hopefully the gear I have is good enough for it to get through the Acid Rain stacks quick enough...)

Wish you were Horde, then I could beg you to share the lock out =P

Good luck on him, I've lost that mount twice on the BMAH... just to get the lock out then I'll be right.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Wow you've got some serious skill to solo al'akir!! I never thought that one would be soloable!!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Snowy »

... Please explain to me how on earth it is possible to solo Al'Akir... o.o

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Meggers
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

He said something about not having to do council, I'd like to know how you get a council-less lockout each week. XD
ImageImage
Sophistique
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

How to get the lock-out for every week:

If you have someone who already has the lock out, this is how you get it. Group up with them, person with the lock out walks into the instance first and you follow, once inside, get them to switch it to Heroic (leader must have killed Al'akir on normal) and you will click "ACCEPT" to accept the first boss being killed. Doing this on heroic means you will be automatically saved to the instance with Conclave dead.

Get this on your alt, so that you can 'give' the lock-out to your farming character so you can keep the lock-out every week. Your alt will always carry the lock-out for you then.

Don't have someone with the lock out?

Gather a group of 3 or more people - go kill Conclave, peace out and leave. Then do the above with your alt so you can get the lock-out on your alt for each week.

If you don't have two accounts, means you'll need to get a friend to fly down to To4W, have your alt as lead and get your friend to walk into the instance, and wait there. Then hand lead to your friend, re-log to your farming character, friend invites you, you walk in and whalla, Conclave is dead.

As far as solo'ing - it's all about dodging the wind burst, the tornados and the ice patches in Phase 1, Phase 2 is all about dodging the tornados, and pushing him into Phase 3 before stacks of Acid Rain kill you - to do this successfully, you need to kill the adds in a timely manner so that you keep stacking the debuff he gets on him to increase damage taken (this debuff will also carry through in Phase 3 to kill him faster). Then Phase 3 is about moving to the top (or bottom) and then moving up/down to avoid the lightning clouds which will kill you pretty quickly.

You tube has some great solo's up - including from a DK, Mage, Spriest :)
Zorikune
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Area 52 (H)

Re: Zorikune's Journal: Delver of the Vaults

Unread post by Zorikune »

The mighty Arcane Eye gazes onto the Delver of the Vaults!

Sophistique
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Grats on the heroic kill Zorik :)
Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill (Horde)Ravencrest (Ally)

Unread post by Snowbird »

Congratz on ur new Title!

Signature Made By Senenith

Zorikune
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Re: Zorikune's Journal: Jade Primordial Direhorn on 3rd Solo

Been awhile since I posted on the forums, but figured I'd let you know as soon as realm was up, got the book to tame Direhorns, and soloed 3 Zandalari Warbringers. With the one in Kun-Lai Summit dropping me the Jade Primordial Direhorn. So one down, two to go. =)

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

I swear you have THE best wow luck mate! Well done! Your mount is gorgeous!!! I can't wait to get one even if its just the rep one :) (cause on my gank fest realm I don't have high hopes for a rare one aha!!)

Shadowlands

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Grats! What pet did you use to solo?

Sasrei
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: US - Icecrown, Nesinwary

Unread post by Sasrei »

yah nk.. my solo attempts dont do really well and theres a group who just watch me try then take it.. its .. yah. So far no rare tag sharing at all, I hope blizz fixes that.

thank you Ashaine and Kurenio!!!!

Neilaren
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Shu'halo (H), Mok'nathal (A)

Unread post by Neilaren »

Nice! Actually, really nice job with soloing! I wasn't feeling I could solo it, but my Warlord hunting party was 3 or 4 guildmates since it was one of them who started the hunt when servers came back up today, hehe.

And grats! First of the mounts I've heard of besides mine! Direhorn mount buddies! (mine's "amber", though it's seriously silver with yellow eyes heh)
Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill (Horde)Ravencrest (Ally)

Unread post by Snowbird »

Omg u can solo those?! im on EU so the patch havent come to me yet

Signature Made By Senenith

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Well dang.... I solo'ed 14 (Every time I dropped one, another respawned instantly, was random but really lucky) this morning (though it took me a couple of hours) and...... nothing.

Gratz on your luck!

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

SylviaDragon wrote:Grats! What pet did you use to solo?

I found a beetle/turtle was very helpful, the shield saved my pets backside quite a few times. You may even find you pet still dying due to some bad luck, but the mob can be slowed quite easily. I spec'ed SV and also used snake trap and frost due to entrapment, gives you lots of time to rez your pet if need be and make a lot of the adds very easy.

­
­
­
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Spiritbinder wrote:

I found a beetle/turtle was very helpful, the shield saved my pets backside quite a few times. You may even find you pet still dying due to some bad luck, but the mob can be slowed quite easily. I spec'ed SV and also used snake trap and frost due to entrapment, gives you lots of time to rez your pet if need be and make a lot of the adds very easy.
Ok thank you! ^.^ I had to hold my own against these guys a few times so my raid group could get there. (my rbg group wanted to go dino hunting. Was lots of fun.) But I was popping cds left and right to keep my spirit beast tank alive and even then I didn’t always make it. I was wondering if a turtle would do better. I will probably try this tomorrow.

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

I can solo the guys on their own but not the ones on the dinos. It took like 3 of us and a very long time to bring one down last night so i'm pretty amazed you soloed it!!! Had my corehound in tank spec and my priest partner heal it with some random boomkin helping dps. No mount for us but i'm really impressed by people who can solo these!

Shadowlands

Zorikune
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

I used the serpent pet, but I kited him around personally. He can be slowed and as long as you interrupt his fear, your golden.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

SylviaDragon wrote:
Spiritbinder wrote:

Ok thank you! ^.^ I had to hold my own against these guys a few times so my raid group could get there. (my rbg group wanted to go dino hunting. Was lots of fun.) But I was popping cds left and right to keep my spirit beast tank alive and even then I didn’t always make it. I was wondering if a turtle would do better. I will probably try this tomorrow.
If you keep your pet on the mob you’ll find your pet takes most of its damage from the meter shower, which you can't interrupt, but you can out range it fairly easily. As soon as you see him start to cast it, put you pet on passive and it should run back to you side. As soon as I hit passive I also pump a concussive into it to keep it nice and slow and pet aggro kite. This is also where I normally use a snake or frost trap (SV) for the entrapment snare to make it really easy. As soon as it's finished the cast, send your pet back in and rinse.

The other abilities are pretty easy on your pet, with the odd exception of the fear at times. Again when he casts this on your pet, hit him with another concussive. After you pet is feared, it actually runs off at such speed, it out fears/run the slowed mob making the few hits he takes from behind then be topped up with mend pet while he out ranges the slowed mob.

If for some reason your pet gets in a little trouble at any time, you can always distracting shot it off your pet and kite it for a little til mend pet tops your pet up again.

Good luck and Happy hunting :)

­
­
­