Warcraft Mounts corrections

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Warcraft Mounts corrections

Unread post by Wain »

Ziroth wrote:Kor'Kon war wolf, shows dark brown on the mount page, once mounted its gold/light armor. sorry if its a repost. didnt see this
Are you sure it's not the red saddle with kind of rich brown armour that the page depicts? That seems to be the one in the screenshots on Wowhead.

I actually only corrected this a few weeks ago, due to this thread. The one displayed in the mount journal (and hence in Wowhead's model viewer) is actually the wrong colour and isn't what is seen when it's used in the game.

Thanks anyway :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

That reminds me. I should put a note in the mount page to mention the journal error.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

http://warcraftmounts.com/mounts/mysticrunesaber.php - aww boo.. wings..

ah well.. looks awesome still... that tail XD *eee* *throws money*
Last edited by Divixon on Wed Feb 18, 2015 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Ziroth wrote:http://warcraftmounts.com/mounts/mysticrunesaber.php - aww boo.. wings..
ah well.. looks awesome still *eee* *throws money*
We have some pics coming with purple fire around them (Wowmodelviewer wasn't depicting that effect for some reason). Not sure how soon they'll be up, but the saber looks even better with that :)
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

haha i cant wait, i just got x2 $25 bnet cards, waiting game now =(
Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Krauth »

The infernal direwolf is now the reward for Glory of the Hellfire Citadel.

Not sure what will happen to the Corrupted dreadwing.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks. They should already have been corrected this morning. The direwing swapped with it, so it's now the 150k apexis crystal vendored mount.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Wain wrote:Thanks. They should already have been corrected this morning. The direwing swapped with it, so it's now the 150k apexis crystal vendored mount.
Oh no... :(
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Oh serious? Damn. I really wanted the wolf sigh....

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, they must have noticed how many were eager for the wolf and decided it was worth more than just apexis crystals ;)

Who knows? Maybe there are other reasons. Some seemed bummed about saving up the crystals, others are more upset about having to do the raid achieves (which could mean waiting till next expansion for many). So it's rather subjective which mount source is easier.
Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

I wonder if there is a faction tied to the mount that could bring the cost down a little?

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Daranara
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Daranara »

Hi!

So I noticed while I was faffing around on my draenei paladin tonight that he had a couple more mounts than he was supposed to. At some point blizzard seems to have allowed non-human/dwarf paladins to ride the paladin horse mounts!

I cannot confirm whether or not it's available for all paladins, because I only have this one paladin, never a human or dwarf. I did have the horses before they made the change to elekks, but this is an interesting change I couldn't find any reference to on the site.
Attachments
Charger available in book
Charger available in book
WoWScrnShot_080317_002954.jpg (268.94 KiB) Viewed 13967 times
Warhorse available in book
Warhorse available in book
WoWScrnShot_080317_002957.jpg (267.72 KiB) Viewed 13967 times
Mounted on charger
Mounted on charger
WoWScrnShot_080317_003024.jpg (167.35 KiB) Viewed 13967 times
Mounted on warhorse
Mounted on warhorse
WoWScrnShot_080317_003042.jpg (163.28 KiB) Viewed 13967 times

Daranara - Night Elflet Huntar - Lightbringer US
Gearfeathers on FR

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

That's interesting! Thanks. I have a pally of each race and I'll check it out. I wonder if you still need the specific race for the mount to be available in the first place.
Vephriel

Not a correction so much as an inquiry/request... (wasn't sure where else to put this)

I tend to pick out specific matching mounts for each of my characters, and I wish there was a way to filter by flying/non-flying. I like having one of each for my characters since I don't always like using flying mounts on the ground, they can be too large and ungainly, and there's still plenty of content that restricts flying. Not even the in-game mount journal has this as a filter option, which surprised me, since there's a few mounts that can be hard to tell at a glance whether they fly or not.

I'm not sure how many other people would even find this useful, but I thought I'd ask and see if that was a feasible thing that could be added to the site, or if it's more trouble than its worth? Thanks either way, it's really not a big deal, but it would be super convenient. :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Vephriel wrote:Not a correction so much as an inquiry/request... (wasn't sure where else to put this)

I tend to pick out specific matching mounts for each of my characters, and I wish there was a way to filter by flying/non-flying. I like having one of each for my characters since I don't always like using flying mounts on the ground, they can be too large and ungainly, and there's still plenty of content that restricts flying. Not even the in-game mount journal has this as a filter option, which surprised me, since there's a few mounts that can be hard to tell at a glance whether they fly or not.

I'm not sure how many other people would even find this useful, but I thought I'd ask and see if that was a feasible thing that could be added to the site, or if it's more trouble than its worth? Thanks either way, it's really not a big deal, but it would be super convenient. :)
Agreed. I really should add flying/ non flying filters. Not sure if we have aquatic and water-walking options but they should be covered too. I’ll see if I can do it this coming weekend :)
Vephriel

That's awesome Wain, thanks! :hug: Take your time!
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Wain wrote:Agreed. I really should add flying/ non flying filters. Not sure if we have aquatic and water-walking options but they should be covered too. I’ll see if I can do it this coming weekend :)
This would be fantastic! I don't know why the in-game journal doesn't have a sort option, but it's really a pain scrolling through mounts for each character, looking for something matching, and have to do it for flying, ground, and water. So I've been using WarcraftMounts just to be able to see more mounts at a go, since I mostly know which mounts do what, but being able to actually sort by type would be wonderful.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

peanutbuttercup wrote:
Wain wrote:Agreed. I really should add flying/ non flying filters. Not sure if we have aquatic and water-walking options but they should be covered too. I’ll see if I can do it this coming weekend :)
This would be fantastic! I don't know why the in-game journal doesn't have a sort option, but it's really a pain scrolling through mounts for each character, looking for something matching, and have to do it for flying, ground, and water. So I've been using WarcraftMounts just to be able to see more mounts at a go, since I mostly know which mounts do what, but being able to actually sort by type would be wonderful.
Agreed. I always thought that was an odd omission from the in-game mount filter too. When you have several hundred mounts and want to pick a nice flier, you really don’t need to sort through a huge pile of ground mounts.
Vephriel

I'm glad I'm not the only one! :lol:

Yeah, I'd love to see it added to the mount journal in the future, but until then the site would be a huge help to have that filter option. :)
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

IIRC, Mount Journal Enhanced lets you filter for ground mount.