Warcraft Mounts corrections

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Warcraft Mounts corrections

Unread post by Vephriel »

Xota wrote:IIRC, Mount Journal Enhanced lets you filter for ground mount.
Thank you so much for the recommendation! :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I've rejigged the search page a bit to include filters for all the various mount travel modes, so please check it out and let me know if it needs any tweaking :)

http://warcraftmounts.com/search.php

I also added an option to filter out upcoming mounts.

I made some changes to the results page - it now displays an icon for the mount's status (retired, upcoming etc.) next to its name, the travel modes are consolidated into one column, and I cleaned up the paginator index in the top corner a bit.

Please let me know if you notice any bugs.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Vephriel

Ahh what wonderful filters! This will be incredibly helpful for sorting, thanks for taking the time to do that Wain! :)
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Thanks for the work on this Wain! Took me a moment to realize the filters were under search but so far it looks great.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Great! Thank you both for the feedback :)

Are there any other filters you’d find useful? Maybe filter for mounts with matching minipets, at least. Or filter out PvP.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Hmm, minipets wouldn't be bad, though I personally match my minipets to the character (i.e. a Dig Rat for a rogue) rather than the mount. But I'd bet some people would like to see matches.

The only thing with filtering for PVP is there are some PVP mounts that require PVP (all the gladiator mounts, for example) and then PVP mounts that don't require actual PVP (like the prestige rank mounts). So I consider the former to be unobtainable (for me) and the latter to be no worse than a PVE mount grind. Would probably be tricky to differentiate between the two? Not sure if anyone else sees the distinction though.
Daranara
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Lightbringer

Unread post by Daranara »

Okay, so for the past few days, at least, I've been unable to update my character's mount collection. Whenever I try, I click on my saved character, make sure it's correct (and it always has been), but when I click "Update" I get the error message shown in my attachment.

I can find my characters in the armory, and I'm trying to update on my main characters who get logged in and out of regularly, so I'm not sure what's going on.

I tried deleting one to see if I could freshly upload their data, but I am met with the same error.
Attachments
update.png
update.png (18.9 KiB) Viewed 24538 times

Daranara - Night Elflet Huntar - Lightbringer US
Gearfeathers on FR

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Daranara wrote:Okay, so for the past few days, at least, I've been unable to update my character's mount collection. Whenever I try, I click on my saved character, make sure it's correct (and it always has been), but when I click "Update" I get the error message shown in my attachment.

I can find my characters in the armory, and I'm trying to update on my main characters who get logged in and out of regularly, so I'm not sure what's going on.

I tried deleting one to see if I could freshly upload their data, but I am met with the same error.
Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you about this, but I was bogged down in Petopia stuff. The Armory update issues are a general problem, and not just you! I need to track down what Blizzard has changed with Armory queries. Sorry :(
Daranara
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Wain wrote: Sorry it's taken me a while to get back to you about this, but I was bogged down in Petopia stuff. The Armory update issues are a general problem, and not just you! I need to track down what Blizzard has changed with Armory queries. Sorry :(
No worries, it happens! I just wanted to be sure it wasn't just me.

Gearfeathers on FR

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

We believe we've found the issue - something changed at Blizzard's end that requires the use of a more updated OS. The fix will require copying the site to a new, updated server. It may take a few days :(
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I tested out the site copy. Armory updates work fine on it!

It's not yet live, though. I just need approval from our server manager to do so.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I forgot to note that the new server version is now live, so Armory updates work again.

Also, WCM should now be forced to use https. Everything seems to work without security warnings, but please let me know if you see any issues.
Daranara
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Everything that I can see seems to be working again! Thank you!

Gearfeathers on FR

Vephriel

I finished raising Kua'fon today and just wanted to note that you can use him on Alliance characters once you've learned him. (still no flying of course, but I think it would be cute if they introduce a later quest chain to teach him, perhaps when Pathfinder II comes out?)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Vephriel wrote:I finished raising Kua'fon today and just wanted to note that you can use him on Alliance characters once you've learned him. (still no flying of course, but I think it would be cute if they introduce a later quest chain to teach him, perhaps when Pathfinder II comes out?)
Great! Thanks for confirming that :) Hopefully he will fly eventually. It's odd, since they gave out a flying mount as a Horde rep mount. Having him only able to run is just a little strange.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Vephriel wrote:I finished raising Kua'fon today and just wanted to note that you can use him on Alliance characters once you've learned him. (still no flying of course, but I think it would be cute if they introduce a later quest chain to teach him, perhaps when Pathfinder II comes out?)
Nani? That's cool, at least.
I feel like it might be a bug they'll fix, though.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Vephriel

Just wanted to make note of something regarding the Bruce mount:

As a Horde player I've noticed mine has the blue cloth despite the site showing 2 different colour variants. I have yet to see the reddish-brown cloth on a Bruce mount. Currently I don't believe there are 2 appearances, just the one for both factions. Not sure if this is a bug or if they changed their mind and decided to keep them identical.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Vephriel wrote:Just wanted to make note of something regarding the Bruce mount:

As a Horde player I've noticed mine has the blue cloth despite the site showing 2 different colour variants. I have yet to see the reddish-brown cloth on a Bruce mount. Currently I don't believe there are 2 appearances, just the one for both factions. Not sure if this is a bug or if they changed their mind and decided to keep them identical.
Odd, I guess they decided no to implement that! Thanks for letting me know :) I've fixed it now.
Vephriel

Incredibly minor thing I happened to notice while using the search category, but thought I'd report it!

Valarjar Stormwing comes up under 'Ground' mounts while using filters.
https://www.warcraftmounts.com/mounts/v ... rmwing.php
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Vephriel wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 2:10 am Incredibly minor thing I happened to notice while using the search category, but thought I'd report it!

Valarjar Stormwing comes up under 'Ground' mounts while using filters.
https://www.warcraftmounts.com/mounts/v ... rmwing.php
Oops, fixed. Thanks! :)