Brag and Question - Qiraji Battle Tank Mounts

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Phyra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Ysera

Brag and Question - Qiraji Battle Tank Mounts

Unread post by Phyra »

Alright. I've only touched AQ a very few times on my priest. Back in the day, I actually was at the World Event summoning for Moon Guard's server. I unfortunately did not have the forethought to have crafted my own mace for a Black Battle Tank, as I was brand new to the game. My loss.

However, and I'm looking for maybe a few sharp eyed gals and guys out there to debunk or confirm this, that there are whisperings come Cataclysm, the Qiraji Battle Tank Mounts may become a permanent mount. IE: Usable outside of AQ.

I want to think a Blue Poster actually confirmed this a while ago, but I could be mixing up fact with fiction. Anyone else recall this? I though the initial thought was that the mounts were rare, the Black One unobtainable, and that it didn't hurt game mechanics (as they already do count for the mount achievement anyway). I've also heard rumors that AQ may be disappearing come Cataclysm, but I think this stems from everyone's general paranoia about the old vanilla content shifting and evolving.

Any information or thoughts welcomed! Here's hoping :) I love the little buggy mounts.

---

Now my brag is a simple one. Ages ago, a guildie had crafted a small AQ run where I was able to pick up the Green Qiraji Battle Tank Mount. There was a lot of competition, since many were on the run for old world rep, as well as their own crystals for their own mount collections. Even my hubby made out with more crystals than I.

Luckily, this same guildie dragged me and my hubby, and a few friends, back to AQ just last night. It has been MONTHS since I've been there! Our friend was only after the Red Qiraji Battle Tank Mount. As is everyone. One dropped on our first kill! I won the roll! However, my friend was heartbroken as this is the one he's been after for ever. The reason he put together the runs, etc. I should also mention that every day, he also is the one taking me into Seth' to get me my Raven Lord Mount.

Is there any question that I popped open the Trade Window and gave him the one I just won? Course not. He's a friend. He was happy and it made his night. I told him I can always come back and farm later on.

Later on in the night, after a few more pulls, everyone evened out a lot of their Crystal collection. My hubby gained all but red, (then again he was only missing Blue from his first run). I gained myself the Yellow Qiraji Battle Tank Mount and the Blue Qiraji Battle Tank Mount.

This was the last pull of the night. Red Qiraji Battle Tank Mount dropped. I couldn't believe it. All other 5 people rolled, myself included. The hubby won! I was happy for him, and jokingly said 'Anyway I can buy it off you?'

Being the great husband (technically fiance,) he is, he popped open trade and passed me my Red Qiraji Battle Tank Mount! With that, I gained my Feat of Strength and 4th Crystal. It also marked my 84th mount!

Feat of Strength: http://www.wowwiki.com/Why%3F_Because_It%27s_Red

So yes. Boys are awesome :)

And should my hubby stumble across this obscure post somewhere.. THANK YOU POOKY I LOVE YOU. <3

External Links / Info
http://www.wowwiki.com/Qiraji_battle_tank_mounts
http://www.wowwiki.com/Blue_Qiraji_Resonating_Crystal
http://www.wowwiki.com/Green_Qiraji_Resonating_Crystal
http://www.wowwiki.com/Yellow_Qiraji_Resonating_Crystal
http://www.wowwiki.com/Red_Qiraji_Resonating_Crystal
http://www.wowwiki.com/Black_Qiraji_Resonating_Crystal
Gumballs
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: Brag and Question - Qiraji Battle Tank Mounts

Unread post by Gumballs »

I would love for the AQ mounts to become usable outside of AQ, and I don't see an issue with it at all. Everyone knows that the red/blue/yellow are very easy to obtain, and the red is only slightly more difficult. The black is (and will still) be a status symbol, regardless of if the mounts are usable outside of AQ or not.

I havn't heard of any blue posts on the subject, but who knows, there may have been. I hope so.. I want to be able to ride my adorable bugs anywhere!

Anyways, congrats on the mounts! I managed to get all three on a few runs, and I began to solo farm for the red, bringing in a few friends to get them the other colours. I managed to get the yellow, blue and green for both of my cousins, my boyfriend and two in game friends before I finally got the red on my main. I killed a few more by myself and got another red crystal, so it's sitting in my bank since there was no one there to share at the time :(

Then I decided to duel screen my account and my boyfriends to get his other character and my warlock the mounts (as we are both collecting and had none). Second kill.. red AQ tank! I wasn't sure to give it to my warlock, or to his paladin, so I just /rolled and gave it to the winner which happened to me. But I still got him the other three colours, and we are still trying to get him the red.

It always feels nice to get mounts for yourself, and to give some away to others! :)
Rejoined the hunt after a lengthy break... feels good!
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Hehe. I remember how I got my red on my hunter. I had never touched AQ before, so when a guildie was asking if anyone wanted to come with him on a run with a raid, I signed up. It was me, the guildie, and about 15 other people. So, here we are. First trash goes down. Nothing. Second group...and it's the red! We all roll, and I win it!

First time and I get the red. xD
Skyshot
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Fizzcrank US

Unread post by Skyshot »

Ever since I managed to farm up my red I've dreamed of taking him on rides all along azeroth. :D
I really hope we'll be able to use them outside of AQ come Cata. I'll be careful not to get my hopes of too high though. =(

<My whelps - My Dragons>
"It's not denial. I'm just very selective about the reality I accept."
-Calvin and Hobbes

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Lucky i've got them all :P i hope AQ40 does NOT go away that and ZG are my fav raids of all time.
Lazuly
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Medivh

Unread post by Lazuly »

cowmuflage wrote:Lucky i've got them all :P i hope AQ40 does NOT go away that and ZG are my fav raids of all time.
I still run the old wold raids from time to time -- I hope they always stay around. =)
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I have a feeling they wont be sadly :( i hope my feeling is wrong!
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

Man...one day I need to set foot inside that place and get me at least one of these things. It doesn't even have to be the red; any color will suffice. I just...need to get one. Haha.

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

i would love to be able to use em outside the place, seeing as i solo farmed the trash for all of em to help me reach the 100 mark XD
However i havent heard anything about that beeing true.

I highly doubt that the AQ instances will be gone with cata, if anything they will either turn it into a 5 man heroic(unlikely) or upgrade it like they did with Naxx(possible but no rumors of it). Or it wont change but recieve cosmetic changes to the outside(very likely).

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I hope they don't do an onxi on it as in upgrade i proberly wouldnt be able to do it then >.>
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Onxi?

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Opps onxy XD you know deathwings kid
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Onyxia. ;)
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

Oh, you mean Onyxia! I'd actually like such a change. I loved that place, and it holds one of my favourite characters, C'Thun!

"Your friends... Will betray you..."
One of the guys in my raiding guild asked "who the fuck that creep chtun is!?" on his first run.

"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Well yes thinking about it i guess it would not hurt but only if they droped new mounts like a rainbow one or some in the colours of the bugs you see in other zones.
Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Sorry not to be a downer but those whispers are just whispers and rumors. Unless a blue comes out and states it, it's not changing. Why is it not changing?

Black Qiraji Battle Tank.

That's why. Because evidently it would Take away the specialness. So I'd not hold my breath on them becoming usable outside of AQ. Sure, I want them to do so. And I also want tameable Sithilid tanks to jump like they do, but will it happen? Again probably not.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Stil it WOULD BE SPECIAL COS ITS THE BLACK ONE.
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

I was very close to get my black silithid, but after much work, some bastards decided to "hai gusy lets maik a raid and farm teh qeustgivarz lulz". I never got to turn it in...

*Mutters*

Letting me use my other silithidtanks outside AQ would be very nice, since I was royally pissed off when the time ran out, and I could just stare at the spot where my questgiver was supposed to be.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I'm so jelus of every one with a black one ;_;
Gumballs
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Gumballs »

I would LOVE to get the black one. I wasn't playing during the event, but I specifically switched to a brand new realm so I could open the gates. A friend of mine got her black bug that way. Unfortunatly, I transfered too late.. Blizz had just announced the gates would be permanently open now. Doh!

And I dissagree that making the other colours usable outside AQ would make the black less special. It's still the BLACK BUG. People (especially mount collectors) are all going to know how rediculously rare and amazing that is, just like any other rare mount. If you see someone with the ZG tiger, you still know how rare and special it is, even though it's just a recoloured version of a common racial mount.

But I'm also not going to try and get my hopes up too much for this, because well.. you know Blizzard haha.
Rejoined the hunt after a lengthy break... feels good!