Down to the final stretch

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Arkiss
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sisters of Elune

Down to the final stretch

Unread post by Arkiss »

With 94 mounts under my belt, you'd think I'd be satisfied. Not a chance - at least not until I've gotten my Golden Dragonhawk for 100 mounts!

Unfortunately I've come to something of an impasse for the last one...

95 - Black War Kodo (20 000 honour to go)
96 - Frostwolf Howler (another 50 000 honour)
97 - Celestial Charger (anniversary present from bf)
98 - Mechano-hog (3/8 pistons + iron golem parts)
99 - Horde Mammoth (59 seals to go)
100 - ??

So that's where I stand. I've gotten the rest of the pvp mounts, the faction mounts, the AT mounts and various miscellaneous ones. Most of the ones I'm missing are rare drops from raids or instances, and my luck for getting anything from those, let alone a mount, is pretty terrible. Suggestions for what to go after for that final mount are welcomed, I'm really at a loss for ideas.

And in case you should wonder, and in case you should care...on that night of all nights, we were already there.

Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Down to the final stretch

Unread post by Nick »

Have you gotten the Raven Lord mount? Most people seem to skip over that one for the fact that they can't find a druid still with the quest.

Or the Baron's mount in (Strat, I believe?). I still need that one on my hunter, and she's only 74-75~ mounts into the acheivement.

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Arkiss
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Arkiss »

I'm 7th on the guild list for raven lord runs, so I've got a ways to wait. While I can solo Strat if I'm very careful (not being able to heal is teh suck) the drop rate on the baron's mount is less than 1% so I haven't had a whole lot of luck either.

And in case you should wonder, and in case you should care...on that night of all nights, we were already there.

Phyra
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Ysera

Unread post by Phyra »

Never say never. I went into Strath to finish up rep for my Argent Dawn stuff to get my Crusader title. I did one run by myself (my main being a Holy Priest) and it took for bloody forever. A rogue friend said he'd join me to get the last runs done.

I was going to skip the Baron completely, as it didn't seem fruitful. He pushed me to as it was rep. On the third and last needed kill for my rep, the Baron's mount dropped. Color me damned surprised O_o

So. RNG can surprise you (in a good way!) once in a while. Keep your chin up n' good luck :)
VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Quel'Dorei, Nessingwary
Location: Saturo's necromancy class. Karma = World's Worst Necromancer.

Unread post by VelkynKarma »

I'm assuming you did most of the Outlands mounts by this point? That is, Cenarion Expedition (hippogriff), the nether rays, all the netherwings, Kurenai/Maghar? All the tournament pets? Hodir? Wyrmrest? What about built mounts for engineering/tailoring?

There's also a great guide around here somewhere on how to solo-tank for the raptor and tiger mounts....ah, here we go:
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=717

And the AQ tanks too?
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=861

Hope I'm not being too repetitive ^^; I find sometimes I completely forget certain places have certain mounts is all!

Edit: Aah, totally forgot about the deep-sea turtle too!

~VelkynKarma

Silinrul and Jiaphyon of <Ominous Latin Name>

A big thanks to Vephriel for the awesome signature :)

Help my Dragons

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

did u remember the wolf from av?? :) eazy to forget cause it dont show up on the mount vendor ... but u have to go to the alteract valley vendor :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Akyo
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Altar of storms

Unread post by Akyo »

i have NO rare mounts but still reached 100.
These are the ones thats easy to forget imo.
-are you sure you got ALL faction mounts? cenarion, netherewing, the ice mammoths, red drake? ect.
-have you gotten the wintergrasp war mammoth?
-Have you gotten the two mammoths and the flyer thats in dalaran?
-anny crafted ones? Like the mecha hog and/or the flying carpets?

and most importantly.

-Did you go into AQ40 to get those silithid mounts? you cant use em outside the instance but they are indeed mounts.
They all drop from trash so you can run in, kill 3 of the anubis guards. run out. run in and loot, and the 3 you just killed should be back up.
as long you left one alive, You can farm the mounts like this.

While this feature of the Grimtotem Spirit Guide wasn't exactly intended... - it will still be possible in future for everyone who wishes to tame this NPC to do so
Dakonic
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Baeglum

Unread post by Dakonic »

I would keep trying the baren mount, I got it on my 5th try, maybe you need to be luckier? :)
Dragon Cave: http://dragcave.net/user/Dakonic
Formally known as "celestial88"
Image Image Image Image
Saturo

Unread post by Saturo »

celestial88 wrote:I would keep trying the baren mount, I got it on my 5th try, maybe you need to be luckier? :)
Dete got it on her first run. xD

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Totally forgot to mention this the other day, but I just remembered now. What about the Oracle egg mount? It's hard to remember since it's not really purchasable and drops at random, but not from an instance.

Also, any achievement mounts? Obviously you'd have the albino drake, but what about the Heroic/Raid achievement rewards? Or the holiday purple protodrake?

There's also the Time-Lost Proto Drake and the blue protodrake that drops from UP, too.

~VelkynKarma

Help my Dragons

mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

it might help if you go through your collection and list every single mount you have.that way were not guessing and we can point out what you might have missed...
Arkiss
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Arkiss »

I had planned on it, but two of my guildies grouped with me so I could solo run AQ40. After about the 8th anubis kill the [blue resonating crystal] dropped! I may never see the baron's charger or green protodrake, but I guess my luck isn't completely terrible after all!

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Arkiss wrote:I had planned on it, but two of my guildies grouped with me so I could solo run AQ40. After about the 8th anubis kill the [blue resonating crystal] dropped! I may never see the baron's charger or green protodrake, but I guess my luck isn't completely terrible after all!
The charger evidently had it's droprate upped, I forget where but it has a higher percent chance to drop than other most drop mounts. And I figure it'll take a year of steadily buying the green proto eggs, Aria got hers a few weeks ago. :| /jealous

Anyways gz on the battle tank.
Gumballs
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Gumballs »

Actually, the Baron's mount had its drop rate increased to be the same as other mounts. It was 1/1000 approx, and now the drop rate is 1/100 approx, the same as most rare mounts.

Everyone has mentioned everything already I think. Nether drakes, nether rays, cenarian hippo, talbuks, red drake, ice mammoths, etc. What about the Dark talbuks? I farm killed my boyfriends gnome to get the points for it, and that was number 100 for me. :) Its often overlooked. And I think you get 14 or 15 from the AT (more if you are a pally), so that's a HUGE collection booster if you are missing any.

Some easy soloable drops: baron's, zg tiger, zg raptor, ravenlord (if you have a druid friend), aq bugs, attunemen's mount (2-3 man), white hawkstrider, white polar bear (dailies), green protodrake. Blue drake is also a higher drop with 5% but you also have to get occ for the random, and win the battle with rng.

Congrats early on your dragonhawk :)
Rejoined the hunt after a lengthy break... feels good!
Arkiss
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Arkiss »

Almost no one on my server does Halaa pvp anymore, sadly. That might not matter if I can rope one of my alli-alt guildies into pvping with me for a bit, but progress on the dark talbuks has been slow.

I haven't started solo-farming any of the rare-drop mounts yet, but I've been randoming in the hopes of getting the blue drake, and also for enough seals to buy my horde mammoth (151/200.) Happily I do have the polar bear, but no luck yet on hatching the green protodrake yet. I wish they would lower the cooldown time, or up the droprate, its been nearly a year now with not so much as a protodrake whelp to show for it.

My completed mount groups are the Netherwing, Nether Rays, AT, Horde Factions, Tailoring, Cenarion Expedition, Maghar and Wyrmrest Accord.

I'm working on the BG (black war kodo), Sons of Hodir (Grand ice mammoth), Engineering (mechano-hog), Kirin Tor (horde mammoth and traveler's tundra mammoth) AQ40 (red, yellow and green battle tanks) and of course the various raid/dungeon drops and achievement-related mounts.

VelkynKarma
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Arkiss wrote:Almost no one on my server does Halaa pvp anymore, sadly. That might not matter if I can rope one of my alli-alt guildies into pvping with me for a bit, but progress on the dark talbuks has been slow.
I'm well familiar with THAT one. I've been chilling around Nagrand for days on Silinrul trying to grind ogres for beads for Kurenai rep, and I've never seen a single person in Halaa. I'm thinking of recruiting a few level 80 petopians to stand there naked and let me shoot'em just to get the tokens. -_-; Normally I'd try to do it the legit way, but it's hard to legitimately PvP if there is nobody to attempt to kill.

~VelkynKarma

Help my Dragons