OS 25 Twilight Drake Ninja'd - With a twist!

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Kikanu
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

OS 25 Twilight Drake Ninja'd - With a twist!

Unread post by Kikanu »

I was sitting around, bored today, and I got onto my guild vent, and said "we should do OS 25 3D zerg". Everyone was lazy, so I decided to put one together myself. I got a friend of mine who is notoriously a ninja on my server to join up, and several people left. It took around an hour to get the group together finally, and we go in. First three drakes down, and I decide to be funny;

[Raid Leader][Kikanu]: I'm shifting party lead over, I gotta do some college stuff real fast, and I can't ML while doing it.
>pass lead to ninja friend
[Kikanu] whispers; Do what you feel like on this one.

We get into the fight, I die to a lava wall (karma, mayhaps?), and they down Sarth before first drake lands. A couple people leave, probably ones who already had the drake. As I set my computer down, ready to finish my college application, my friend says in Raid Chat;

[Raid Leader][<name>]: I just ate a Deviate Fish, and became a ninja. So, I'm going to ninja the mount. If I see any OK's or "go ahead"'s in chat, I will do it. If 24 "no"'s, then I will distribute properly.

23 of the people say NO, no, F*** off, etc. I'm the last one to say something, since I was writing elsewhere. Lots of people say to me "say no already!", among other things, and I say;

[Raid][Kikanu]: Y'know, he was honest about ninjaing, and gave early warning. Just to spite you guys, I'll say
[Raid Warning][Kikanu]; YES.

The group leader lol's at it, and says "well, that's 23 no's and 1 yes. It's unanimous; I'm ninjaing the mount!"
<name> recieves loot [Reins of the Twilight Drake]

About 9 people leave, and he says'
[raid warning][<name>]: WAIT
[raid warning][<name>]: Roll on the mount, I just wanted to weed out the kids
[raid warning][<name>]: I won't actually learn the mount unless my roll wins

People roll, I get a 15, he gets a 49, and someone else rolls 88 or 89, I forget exactly. He gives them the mount. He then says "Go ahead and let em know I ninja'd the mount. I don't mind the bad name. I was getting a name change anyway."

He took the mount, scared off impatient kids, then gave it out to the one who rolled properly and victoriously. I was laughing hard on vent. Has anyone ever had a ninja like this?
WoW, where is my KAMEN RIDER BEETLE LARVA PET?
Saturo

Re: OS 25 Twilight Drake Ninja'd - With a twist!

Unread post by Saturo »

Heh, awesome.

I also exist on DeviantArt.
"I'll probably be some kind of scientist, building inventions in my space lab in space!"

Moderation note: Saturo is banned from all forums except the RP forum, and only allowed there until the current RP thread ends.

Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

That is a very interesting way to do it, though I'd probably have been pissed myself.

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
Makoes
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

That's Freaking awsome!!! hahaha I wish we had people like that on our server, just to spice things up a bit!!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Sphax
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Boulderfist Eu

Unread post by Sphax »

i wouldn care i only wanted that title :p which i dont have on this hunter :(
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I dunno, yanking people around like that doesn't sound too cool.
Sarayana
Realm: Ysera-US, Nesingwary-US

Unread post by Sarayana »

I'm with Dewclaw here... The kill wouldn't have happened and the mount wouldn't have been there to "ninja" without those "kids" in the raid. Honestly, I don't see an excuse, EVER, to exclude anyone in the raid from loot. Everyone that's there contributes, even if the contribution is minimal. If you have a problem with some of the people in the raid, then you shouldn't have invited them as RL.

I don't understand why you're bragging about ninja'ing... Cause regardless of whether he opened up to rolls after the 9 "kids" left, he still took their chance at winning the drake from them. They had no way of knowing he was "joking". Not cool.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Sarayana wrote:I don't understand why you're bragging about ninja'ing... Cause regardless of whether he opened up to rolls after the 9 "kids" left, he still took their chance at winning the drake from them. They had no way of knowing he was "joking". Not cool.
This. Just fucking this. It'd have been different if you had gone; Look guys before we down the drake, to prevent anyone from bitching or crying about the mount etc, I'll take it. THEN I will have you all roll, whomever rolls highest will get it. Because I don't want anyone attacking anyone else for getting the mount, alright?

But no. You and your buddy DENIED PEOPLE A CHANCE FOR A MOUNT. For damn shame, I mean god this was Horrible. On my Pally before I parked him, I got joy on getting people a bronze drake from CoS because it felt good, to get someone a drake like others fought hard for me when I didn't even need it and some people still faff off about it.

So I really don't see the humor in this at all and tbh this is probably why your guild didn't want to come with you.

The only kids here are the ones who actually still are with this idea or who did this in the first place. Cause I only see you crowing about it to try and make you and your friend feel better about doing this to Nine Players Who Helped You Down That Damned Dragon.
Kikanu
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Kikanu »

I wasn't bragging about ninjaing. I was simply chronicling the events of that day for you all to read and debate on.

Compared to how the server I play on works, what my friend did was FAR more acceptable. For example, Two people from one guild will make runs on their alts to specifically ninja for people. You just gotta know how to contact them and their "password of the day" nonsense. That is just plain wrong. What happened with my friend is a sick joke at best. It's just a game, and anyone who gets bothered over it needs to reconsider why they even play in the first place.
WoW, where is my KAMEN RIDER BEETLE LARVA PET?
Palladiamorsdeus
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Scarlet Monastary, Sentinels

Unread post by Palladiamorsdeus »

*Rolls his eyes* I love it when people use that excuse, 'it's just a game.' Sure, it's just a game. But those nine people worked just as hard for that drake as anyone else. They earned a right to at least roll on the thing. But your friend there denied them the right to even roll on it, by apparently 'ninja'ing it. They were just as excited as everyone else, and they were justified in being pissed and in leaving. That wasn't them being 'childish', it was them being justifiably angry because from all due appearance, some one had just stolen something they had earned a right to at LEAST roll on. People have plenty of right to get bothered over it, gathering new things is part of the reason you PLAY the game.

I was kind of neutral about it, until you went and tried to brush it off, and say people didn't have a reason to get upset. Your friend there needs to grow up, and for that matter, so do you. All you had to do was say "No." And it would have been a normal roll, with no drama, and no one getting upset.

Thanks go to Saturo for the signature.
Sarayana

Kikanu wrote:I wasn't bragging about ninjaing. I was simply chronicling the events of that day for you all to read and debate on.

Compared to how the server I play on works, what my friend did was FAR more acceptable. For example, Two people from one guild will make runs on their alts to specifically ninja for people. You just gotta know how to contact them and their "password of the day" nonsense. That is just plain wrong. What happened with my friend is a sick joke at best. It's just a game, and anyone who gets bothered over it needs to reconsider why they even play in the first place.
I'm sorry, I missed the part where other people's actions excused your own. I'll add it to the part about how it being a game means you can ignore other people's feelings and walk all over them. *takes notes* I want to be good at this game, you see.

Much gratitude to Spiritbinder for the signature and Vephriel for the avatar! <3

Ryai
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Ryai »

Kikanu wrote:It's just a game, and anyone who gets bothered over it needs to reconsider why they even play in the first place.
Anyone who has to play sick jokes like this, should be the ones reconsidering things.

I'm sick and tired of It's just a game. Those people pay money, to play the game. To earn a chance to get loot, to get things, to go places, to do things, to get achievements. And your friend stole something from them, that's inexcusable even if he did allow the ones who weren't so pissed off as to leave right away.

Or are you telling me you'd not have been one of the 9 or more pissed people to leave the raid if a mount was stolen from you? What if it was Invincible, what if it was a Proto, what if it was the Ashes of Al'air?

If your friend wasn't such an Infamous ninja he wouldn't be needing a name change. As obviously you're both giving yourselves and your guild, bad names.

It's not about It's just a game. It's about having some ethics and knowing that just because it's a game shouldn't be a reason to throw away all morals and become a virtual thief.

*takes notes* I want to be good at this game, you see.
Sar, you can also take some notes from two ninja pullers from an Underbog run of mine. Healer and Tank pulled 25 mobs then left group, giggling like mad as they left basically. A 'QQ moar!' in their wake, when we had done nothing to deserve it. Since i mean it's about as much of a sick joke as this was.
Gumballs
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Gumballs »

Okay, I have to admit I found this pretty amusing, just because I've never heard of anything like this. But.. it's still wrong. IMO, that's STILL ninja'ing. Doesn't matter if he gave the mount away after, he still stole the mount from those 9 who left.

If it was me in that raid who left, I would have been furious. They were completely justified to be pissed off, and I hope they open tickets to try and do something about it.
Rejoined the hunt after a lengthy break... feels good!
Sarayana

You know, they probably could. Normally Blizz won't interfere if loot rules haven't been laid out (say, a PUG RL decides to turn it into a GDKP run... if it wasn't explicitly stated that it'd be open rolls at the beginning, then you're SoL). However, in this case the ML clearly said "I just ate a Deviate Fish, and became a ninja. So, I'm going to ninja the mount" - I'm fairly certain a ticket would have him a temp ban for that. I hope people ticketed it, ninjas need to learn that they can't screw other people over like that and just get away with it.

Gumballs
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Gumballs »

Yeah, I hope they do too. I know on my realm, a VoA pugged happened and no one gave any specific loot rules. The mammoth dropped. Everyone rolled, but the ML ninja'd it and left, I think they may have even gotten a name change. But people opened up a ticket, and they removed the mount from him and gave it to the person who rolled the highest. I know it's not exactly the situation, but Blizz still will do things about ninja's.

Just as a collector, crap like this pisses me off. It's lucky to even see the mount, and hard and frusterating enough to lose the roll, let alone get it stolen from you. In my first Kara run, Atunemens mount dropped and my boyfriend rolled a 98 and told them to give the mount to me. I was SO happy. But then last minute someone rolled 100, and I was devistated haha. I couldn't imagine if that mount had actually been stolen from me with no fair shot of even trying.

>_> Stupid ninja..
Rejoined the hunt after a lengthy break... feels good!
kairii
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: EU-Arathor

Unread post by kairii »

hey just lets us know if we end up on same realm who to trust and who not to
ive never liked ninja-ing even if a guildie did it i would always kick off and never defend them and if a friend did it .. well hello there welcome to my ingore list :B
like ive seen it all ninja wise and hearing stories just ensures you wont group with that nub who thought it was ok

to sum up no i didnt find this story funny i found it rather annoying and rude to those people who probs did slot of dps in that fight missed out on something cas of 'your friends' actions
explains why no one wanted to do that zerg with in your guild

A huge thanks to kamoodle5 for the amazing signature

Anansi
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Anansi »

Sarayana wrote: I'm sorry, I missed the part where other people's actions excused your own. I'll add it to the part about how it being a game means you can ignore other people's feelings and walk all over them. *takes notes* I want to be good at this game, you see.
Indeed. The actions of the OP and his friend are nothing short of pathetic. And I don't think it was the "kids" who left, rather the kids were in charge.
Kastarakovski
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Icecrown, Ysera, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kastarakovski »

If I was GL of your guild, I'd throw you both the fuck out facefirst and let the door hit you and your friend where the good lord split you.
That's my brutally honest response to your so-called act of 'harmless fun'.

Do pardon my French, but ninjas get the not so nice end of the polearm
Last edited by Kastarakovski on Sat May 22, 2010 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nevar
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Hellscream

Unread post by Nevar »

lol Kas I love you <3 but I have to agree

Foxy and Wiley! <3

Siggy credit to Erwil! and Avatar credit to Erwil as well!!

Kastarakovski
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Saurfang, Icecrown, Ysera, Nesingwary

Unread post by Kastarakovski »

Nevar wrote:lol Kas I love you <3 but I have to agree
I could post the rest of it, but I debated getting a temp ban from Mania for the language content, and went with the one-liner version.