Spartex's adventures for 200 Mounts; Tol'vir Patience Reward

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Spartex
Realm: Outland

Re: Spartex his Adventures for 200 Mounts; Unexpected Supris

Unread post by Spartex »

Yea I was pretty lucky with it, had another mount from houlon dropping 5 kills after that (useless non the less). I saw that you got it as well after some kills, some nice willpower you showed there!

So the past few days I have been grinding, grinding and more grinding. The goal was getting those 100k coins for the golden cloud serpent. Luckily I changed from killing crabs towards sons of Ordon, cause I found out that the reputation grinding is way longer and harder to get. Yesterday was the ending ling of this grind as I finally got exalted with Emperor Shaohao!

Now on to the next goal, the brewfest mounts. Done the event for 2/3 days now with five of my characters but no luck yet.

Willpower creates the way for possibilities - Spartex, Human Mage (90) on Outland

Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

Unread post by Meggers »

I just can't even with that right now.

What are you?

A ROBOT??

That reputation is such a nasty grind. :/ I'm only halfway through honored right now.
ImageImage
Spartex

Unread post by Spartex »

So it's been quite a long time since I last updated my topic. I've been quite busy with leading my guild a bit more (Guild Master is a busy job at some times).
The grind sure was a nasty one for the golden cloud serpent, so still thanks for that compliment! :D

Although I haven't updated in a while I sure had some progression on mounts these days!
At a certain point I got the Chef achievement for cooking so I decided to hunt the Salty title as well. One of the achievements is to catch a rare fish and after I've done my research I thought it could be a good decision to try Borean Tundra again. Borean Tundra was one of the area's where I fished a lot during the Wrath of the Lich king hoping to fish that rare turtle up (but even after 5000+ casts I had no luck back then). Quess what happened 10 minuts later;

I'll try to update a bit more during these days about the other mounts I accomplished so you guys are fully up to date again with Spartex ^.^

Willpower creates the way for possibilities - Spartex, Human Mage (90) on Outland

Kööna
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin - US

Re: Spartex his Adventures for 200 Mounts; A fresh water Upd

Unread post by Kööna »

Congratulations on your sea turtle! :)

Spartex

Re: Spartex his Adventures for 200 Mounts; A fresh water Upd

Unread post by Spartex »

Thanks! I was very suprised and lucky at the same time I fished it up - a great mount tho with a very nice animition as mountspecial!
So after the sea turtle I ofcourse keep continuing doing my weekly runs for mounts that drop from old raid instances (with some high hopes on Ashes of Alar & Fiery Warhorse drop).

And patience is rewarded - The first week I got myself a nice mount from Malygos and suprisingly the week after that I found the second and last mount I needed from the Eye of Eternity Instance!

I love the Azure Drake mount, I think it looks original and unique for a mount. :mrgreen:

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Re: Spartex his Adventures for 200 Mounts; Through Eternity!

Unread post by Castile »

Gratz! Thats very lucky to get the Azure so quick! I got 2 blues before the first would drop but its one of the prettiest drakes imo :D

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Spartex

Re: Spartex his Adventures for 200 Mounts; Through Eternity!

Unread post by Spartex »

Thanks Castile! :mrgreen:

So after I fished up the sea turtle I couldn't resist to get the Archaeology mount as well, not the raptor one since I had that quite early from leveling Archeology but the Qiraji Battle tank. Doing my research here & there I found out that there was a bug with constantly getting Tol'vir digsites if you had a mantid item in your bags, unfortantly for me that was solved during patch 5.4 so I wasn't going to work for me - I had to do it the hard way.

Instead of moaning I thought of a better way to get it, during the past few weeks I had been quite busy with farming achievement points as well (currently at 17000 points). So I thought I'm just gonna try to get all the achievements of Archeology in Pandaria and might even head for the <Seeker of Knowledge> Title. The restored artifacts I made can be traded for Tol'vir Artifacts and although it's a bit slower then farming digsites at Kalimdor, I would see where I ended up after doing all of the achievements. Almost two weeks passed while during Archeology when I finally hitted the thing I was hunting for - The Ultramarine Qiraji Battle Tank!

With all the time spended on this mount, this is definitely one of my favorite mounts ingame at the moment. On top of that I was also able to get the <Seeker of Knowledge> Title & all Archaeology achievements as well!

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: Spartex's adventures for 200 Mounts; Tol'vir Patience Re

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Congrats, it's one of my favorite mounts too. I went quietly insane digging it up back in Cataclysm. Even got Loque, just by checking the spawn points through the Waygate every time I had a dig site in Un'goro.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Gratz and such a good idea :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Spartex

Unread post by Spartex »

So it's been a while since I last played World of Warcraft. I quess the dead zone of this expansion also hit with the rest of the guild but the good thing is that it's during the summer time. Currently lots of guildies are enjoying the holidays and luckly enough I'm going to visit the beach as well from next week Tuesday. Although my subscription will only be renewed in the beginning of August when I'm back from my holiday I still have lots of mounts to share that I acquired in the time before I quitted.

The first mount I'll start with is a mount that was really hard to get for me, Ive done quite some runs (87) but I finally have it!

Deathcharger's Reins: