Argent Charger

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Argent Charger

Unread post by Wain »

We received some feedback that the Argent Charger is now available to all pallies on your account (at least of the right level), rather than just the one who bought it. This must be a very recent change. Nice for people with multi pallies though :)
UPDATE: nope, it's not account wide after all.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Re: Argent Charger now account-wide

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Be nice if they did that with the mounts for the Death Knight also for those with multiple DKs.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Good. I just recently rolled up my first pally and am leveling her up so that she can start working on the Argent Tournament.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Wain wrote:We received some feedback that the Argent Charger is now available to all pallies on your account (at least of the right level), rather than just the one who bought it. This must be a very recent change. Nice for people with multi pallies though :)
I actually just assumed all pallies got it so thats good news! 8-)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Cubsfan4ever wrote:Be nice if they did that with the mounts for the Death Knight also for those with multiple DKs.
Yeah, I think the Argent Charger was targeted because while it's a class-specific mount, it's not a regular class mount. It's one you had to buy with seals, like all the other Argent goodies. In fact I think it's the only class-specific mount in the game that's like that. Please correct me if I'm wrong :)

I'd love it if all single-character mounts still showed up on the list, though, even if they weren't usable by other characters. Then they'd show up on the Armory for the account. Currently they don't unless you're looking at the specific player who owns it. As a result, when we add an Armory import feature to WCM it'll still require you to add multiple toons to your account so it can find all the character specific mounts you own :(
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Wain wrote:
Cubsfan4ever wrote:Be nice if they did that with the mounts for the Death Knight also for those with multiple DKs.
I'd love it if all single-character mounts still showed up on the list, though, even if they weren't usable but other characters. Then they'd show up on the Armory for the account. Currently they don't unless you're looking at the specific player who owns it. As a result, when we add an Armory import feature to WCM it'll still require you to add multiple toons to your account so it can find all the character specific mounts you own :(
This would be great! I don't see why not, we can see profession mounts even tho not all toons can use them.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Jeanne
Realm: Dragonmaw

Unread post by Jeanne »

Just to make sure that what I want to do will work...

If I take my Horde Paladin to the Argent Tournament and get the Argent Charger, it will appear on my Alliance Paladin now?

If so that is great because then I'll be able to get all of the pets plus the Argent Charger with two characters instead of three.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Jeanne wrote:Just to make sure that what I want to do will work...

If I take my Horde Paladin to the Argent Tournament and get the Argent Charger, it will appear on my Alliance Paladin now?

If so that is great because then I'll be able to get all of the pets plus the Argent Charger with two characters instead of three.
While I haven't tested it (I don't have one paladin, let alone two!) what you mention should work. At least according to reports.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Argent Charger NOT account-wide

Unread post by Wain »

I'm necroing this thread to say I've only just tested this personally (I haven't had any pallies before, but I've now bought some boosts for testing :P), and if the change occurred then it must have since reverted. I earned the Argent Charger on one and it's not available on either of the others, same faction or not. I've updated (or reverted) WCM accordingly.
Jeanne
Realm: Dragonmaw

Re: Argent Charger NOT account-wide

Unread post by Jeanne »

Wain wrote:I'm necroing this thread to say I've only just tested this personally (I haven't had any pallies before, but I've now bought some boosts for testing :P), and if the change occurred then it must have since reverted. I earned the Argent Charger on one and it's not available on either of the others, same faction or not. I've updated (or reverted) WCM accordingly.
In other words, every Paladin has to get the Argent Charger individually?

What a bother, not that it's an incredibly arduous task it just takes a long time and I was hoping to avoid having to do it multiple times.

Thanks for testing and letting us know. I appreciate it! :)
Tankperson
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter

Re: Argent Charger

Unread post by Tankperson »

When you guys tested were both paladin's Exalted Argent Champion? Completed with all the factions and earned the Crusader title?