All mounts to work as ground mounts in WoD!

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: All mounts to work as ground mounts in WoD!

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yep, hence why I said fringe canon, only speculation, but regardless it's an interesting thing to read!
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

It is indeed! Makes sense in a way too!
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

SpiritBinder wrote:I'm guessing the Arrakoa will be pretty prevalent in the skies, in some places in Draenor, but how far that stretches we don’t know, we know so little about them really. What would be neat is if there was some kind of sever event/battle/story or something that took place to regain access to the skies.
Wait a sec, are you implying that the skies will be filled with Monstrous Kaliri? I think everyone who tried to mount up and fly in Skettis back in TBC days will remember how nightmarish those birds where! *shivers* :cry:
ImageImage
Qinni
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Zul'jin(US)

Unread post by Qinni »

Vephriel wrote:Oh man, the Netherdrake races....they were intense! I actually really enjoyed them, even while they were frustrating, because it was the best feeling ever when you completed them all. :)

I'd really rather more mount earnings in those styles. ^^

As for the rays, I think we have this floating around, though it's fringe canon:
Nether rays have a unique way of achieving flight; their "wings" being tiny in comparison to other flying animals. They use the special gland on their underside to excrete spores that produce lighter-than-air gas. This gas produces a pocket under the ray that keeps it afloat, and the ray uses its "wings" to keep the gas pocket under its body. To achieve propulsion, the ray uses its "wings" to squeeze the gas towards its tails, where it streams the gas with its two feather-like tails, and undulates its third paddle-like tail through the stream, giving the nether ray added lift and propulsion. Since the nether ray uses gas to counteract gravity instead of "fighting" against it using lift, it is able to perform just as well as other flying animals, despite its small size.
So....it flies by farting?
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Qinni wrote:
Vephriel wrote:Oh man, the Netherdrake races....they were intense! I actually really enjoyed them, even while they were frustrating, because it was the best feeling ever when you completed them all. :)

I'd really rather more mount earnings in those styles. ^^

As for the rays, I think we have this floating around, though it's fringe canon:
Nether rays have a unique way of achieving flight; their "wings" being tiny in comparison to other flying animals. They use the special gland on their underside to excrete spores that produce lighter-than-air gas. This gas produces a pocket under the ray that keeps it afloat, and the ray uses its "wings" to keep the gas pocket under its body. To achieve propulsion, the ray uses its "wings" to squeeze the gas towards its tails, where it streams the gas with its two feather-like tails, and undulates its third paddle-like tail through the stream, giving the nether ray added lift and propulsion. Since the nether ray uses gas to counteract gravity instead of "fighting" against it using lift, it is able to perform just as well as other flying animals, despite its small size.
So....it flies by farting?
I laughed a bit more than I should have....XD

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine