A guild with the thundering jade serpent (and hatchling!)

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Bheleu
Realm: Arathor

Re: Looking for some assistance with the thundering jade ser

Unread post by Bheleu »

I'll post a, "me too" here! I made a human hunter, named Bheleu like most of my alts on different servers! Just looking for an invite. For those who are looking for $$ for the alt, during my insane Warbringer farm for the Direhorns on my main, I never sold any of the stolen insignias, so I have decent stacks of all 4 - to the tune of about 4K if I sell them all. They are account bound so you can mail them cross server. Just sent a few to Bheleu on Aman'Thul and he got them!

If anyone is on and can get me an invite that would be awesome! Thanks!

Bheleu-Arathor
Bheleu-Aman'Thul
btag Bheleu#1972
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

I will send you a friend invite.

Also those who have gotten in the guild, it would help me out a lot if you turned on guild alerts, added leorina to your friends list and just kept an eye on the roster for me. If you see an officer online, send me a message. it would help us out quite a bit.

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Also, unused timeless isle armor tokens are worth 5g/ea. Not tons of cash but not bad if you just wanna get some bags. Also, look for bag vendors that sell the 'Thick Hide Packs'... they're 14 slots and much cheaper than bags on the AH most of the time

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Bheleu
Realm: Arathor

Unread post by Bheleu »

Bonus! Made my toon and have been leveling him on Aman'Thul. Hadn't been to stranglethorn in forever, and while doing some random quest, Parrot Cage (Hyacinth Macaw) dropped! If not for this thread I would never have been there. Thanks!

Bheleu
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I'm very happy, my two Hunter puppies (baby Worgen?) just hit level 55 and begin questing in Blasted Lands now. Nearly at Outland, which I've never ever seen from the Alliance perspective. This should be interesting.

My only problem now is resting bonus.. somehow, one of my two has a bit more resting bonus than the other. if I quest this way, when one loses his resting bonus, the other will still have his, so they will gain experience unevenly. oh well, the dangers of dual-boxing.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

glad you guys have been having fun. I have been trying really hard to get some more petopians in the guild but so far Leorina has only been online at like 4am my time so obviously I keep missing her >.< Add to that the chaos of the nerf to bloody coins now slowing down my weekly coin goals on my main and suddenly my alts have become a bit neglected as i rush to cap things before wod.
I think i still have all the petopians in the guild set as btag friends so if you see an officer online let me know so i can spread the word!

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I just checked the guild membership list today, and noticed that there are "officers" who haven't been online in 8-9 months. even the guildmaster has been absent for a rather prolonged time.

is there absolutely NO way of having her do something about that? maybe promote some people who are actually online NOW?

the guild has the potential to be great and lots of fun, but when the only people who can bring in new members haven't been on in months, it almost imposes stagnancy on the guild.

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

I know there's a system that allows someone to "steal" the guild master's position if he/she hasn't been online for a certain period of time, though I don't remember if there's a rank restriction on who can do that.
ImageImage
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I'm certainly not advocating any sort of coup.

It would simply be nice if the GM would upgrade one or two members to "officer" status, or at least create a new guild rank that allows for guild invites. That would certainly make things easier.

Right now, the GM hasn't been on in 3 weeks.
Most of the officers (except 1) haven't been on in weeks and months (some up to 9 months, if I recall).

Otherwise, almost everyone in this rather large guild is a "recruit" or whatever the starting guild rank is.

I already have a small but functional guild, Horde-side. But I'd be more than willing to invest time and energy in this Alliance guild. I think it has potential. It has a solid and friendly group of new players. The server seems like a nice place. So lots of potential.

There are even members of my own Horde guild that have expressed interest in joining, as they haven't experienced the Alliance side of the game.

It would be a real shame if the GM stopped playing and let the guild die, rather than handing it off to someone else.

"Step on no pets!"

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Yeah, I haven't seen anyone online except Sylvia and Suku and I know they can't invite. x___x

All I've found out is that there's another guild called <Masters of Destruction> and typing /who destruction will 99% of the time mostly return their members instead of anyone in the guild I actually want to be in. Geh.

BTW, Sylvia, if you see your sole officer on and I'm on btag at all (which is like 90% of the time) give me a ping and if I'm anywhere near the computer I'll log in real fast.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill (Horde)Ravencrest (Ally)

Unread post by Snowbird »

I am in a guild on Silvermoon (Ally) EU Called Origin. I could maybe get some invites out :) This is the guild who had the Serpent! :)

Signature Made By Senenith

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

YAY! my hunter puppies just dinged 58 (while doing their daily cooking/fishing quests), and can now go to Outland!
Now THIS will be interesting. I will have to watch myself. I will probably reflexively move toward Horde bases and get myself killed! So far, in Vanilla zones, I've been good. no unnecessary deaths.

"Step on no pets!"

s1ncer1ty
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by s1ncer1ty »

Might I try to hop in on this as well? Aman'thul alt is named Bher, battletag is Lourain#1721. Many thanks and cookies!
Täräin13
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn - eu

Unread post by Täräin13 »

Moila wrote:I am in a guild on Silvermoon (Ally) EU Called Origin. I could maybe get some invites out :) This is the guild who had the Serpent! :)
Hi Petopia community! Been lurking here for quite a while, and then I read there actually was someone on an eu server who had access to a guild with the thundering serpent! So naturally I had to sign up and ask you ppl kindly if it was possible to get an aid on this!=)
Anyways let me know if it's possible, Since I'll have to create a new toon on your server, since I play at Argent Dawn!=)

Thanks for the help in advance! =)
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I think there is a way to get a gm to give you some power over a guild if the owner has become inactive or enough players find his/her actions unreasonable. so there is a chance we can get promoted. I would love to have just enough power to invite other players. maybe promote one or two other really active members to cover me when I'm not there to toss out invites. the only active officer has been on three times this week and sadly both times were around 4 am again >.< I will go ahead and make a ticket. hopefully its not too unreasonable a request since we only want enough rank to let other people in. it really is a nice server and a reasonable guild and many of the older members often express their regret that it remains so inactive.

also as always, toss Kyro#1916 a friend request and let me know who you are if you want an officer alert. Moila's offer is also good if you don't want to wait.

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

double post time yaaayy! So the game master said they are hands off on guild affairs so that sucks. I did manage to find leorina and get another petopian into the guild just now...but its 4am which is obviously way too late for most of you >.< she has only been on really late at night the past few weeks. The good news is I noticed another officer was on at some point last night so hopefully we will see him again at some point.

Leorina

Unread post by Leorina »

Hey there, Leorina from Destruction - Aman'thul here.

I was wondering what the sudden influx of people wanting invites was all about and I'm terribly sorry I haven't been around (and for my addon that some of you may have encountered)

The GM, like most of us, is still alive and well, however our mains are, and we are raiding, on other servers now. Those of you that have seen me on Aman'thul, I have been raiding as a pug for a friends team (just helping them out :P).
My hours are pretty random as I work during the early hours of my morning.

If people still require invites to the guild, feel free to add me to real id Leorina#6609, let me know that you're adding me either through bnet message or a reply on this thread and I'll try my best to keep on top of it.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Leorina,
hi, thanks for having us in the guild.

I'd just like to understand a bit the philosophy behind how Destruction deals with and treats people who invest time and energy in being in the guild.

I was wondering if there are any plans to give even slightly enhanced membership benefits to newer members in the guild? I know that speaking only for myself, I'd love to know that my participation was, even if only in some slight fashion, appreciated and recognized.

This is the first time that I'm running through the Alliance side of the story in 9 years of game play, so it's a great experience for me.

I know that two members of my small Horde guild (North American server) were interested in joining Destruction to experience the Alliance side as well, and be among friends.

So the guild can certainly continue to healthily grow and be active, despite most of its original membership seemingly either no longer playing or playing on other servers now. There is definitely an influx of potential new members, and most importantly, an interest for the guild.

Could we, as new members, have a bit of an idea whether or not our contribution - small as it may be - will eventually lead to some guild advantages? (like being able to invite new members to the guild, for example. I'm pretty sure that none of us would go around spamming random invites or simply grabbing the first person who comes by) We are already part of a long-standing community here on Petopia.

"Step on no pets!"

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

SylviaDragon wrote:So the game master said they are hands off on guild affairs so that sucks.
what does this mean?
that she is no longer handling day-to-day affairs of the guild?

if she is no longer interested, might she consider handing ownership over to someone else, then?

"Step on no pets!"

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Sukurachi wrote:
SylviaDragon wrote:So the game master said they are hands off on guild affairs so that sucks.
what does this mean?
that she is no longer handling day-to-day affairs of the guild?

if she is no longer interested, might she consider handing ownership over to someone else, then?
game master not guild master. Never seen the guild master on, asked a game master about promotions and they said they don't like to mess with in game guild stuff. it logical for keeping someone from exploiting a guild, just sucks I can't toss out invites myself. ;)

Also, Hello Leorina! welcome to the petopian community. I'm sure many of my petopians are with me when I say thank you for letting us join your guild. We have all had a good experience there and I have really enjoyed my time on your server. I have had to work on leveling two toons on my main server and honestly its made me miss the leveling experience on aman. :lol:
thank you for sharing your b.tag. I will let the other potential guildies know that you are on the fourms now. Thank you for helping us- even though we always seem to end up pestering you in the middle of a raid. :?