Ancestral Pheonix

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Ancestral Pheonix

Unread post by Krysteena »

As Draenor is closing in, and the ancestral pheonix mount is being removed then, I've decided to get my butt in gear and get one of those eggs. The silvers required aren't too bad to get, apparently, and when Draenor hits, those who already have one pheonix are able to get all the other colours. So, before I turn to general chat in Terenas or Openraid, does anyone feel like trying to get a pheonix with me? I'm EU Terenas, but that doesn't limit things too much. So...anyone want to come along? Just before I try anywhere else, then i might be in for a chance of finding a whole group :D

May also try for the Volcanic Stone drake if anyone wants that (I know I certainly do) and possibly Ulduar achievs. Depends what you guys wanna do, if anyone's up for it.
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Re: Ancestral Pheonix

Unread post by Finduilas »

I would love to come. I play Horde on EU server. My best geared char is my hunter (and also the class I can play best), but I also have a discipline priest (although I'm not sure I can play her well enough to go challenge mode).

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Cool! I was beginning to think I'd have to go straight to general, which is a terrifying thing. I'll also be going on my hunter, so we'll need only one more DPS, healer and a tank. I'll also look up strategies closer to the date. I would think Friday myself, but it also depends on when you're free :D
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I think I'm free 1-6 pm MST Friday if you need another dps or tank, I has bear. I have vent, Skype, and TS too :mrgreen:

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Depends what it'd be harder to get, DPS or a tank. I've got someone who could be interested (WoW friend) but I'd have to ask her, if she'd like to come. She's only DPS, so I'd say a bear would be the better option.

For timezones (here I open up google) that'd be 8pm for me at the earliest. Sounds good ^.^ I'm not sure how long doing all nine will take (each has of limit of around 30 mins, give or take, so we could get quite a few done I reckon. This is kinda coming together now :D
Mozag
Realm: Several on EU.

Unread post by Mozag »

Actually my partner and I have been thinking of doing these runs for a while now (he almost has Gold on his warlock - missing one), because I'm dying for the mounts and he promised to help. We've been putting it off constantly, so this would be a good opportunity to do it. He would likely be coming on his DK tank.

I, on the other hand, can bring any of the following:

Restoration Druid, Beast Master Hunter, Holy Priest, Elemental Shaman or Restoration Shaman. I enjoy healing, and I know my partner's tanking style well, but I really don't know if I'm good enough for Challenge modes. He said he thinks I am, but I'd be happy to let someone else take over that responsibility. :D

Friday evening works for both of us. We're usually free after 6PM GMT+1.

Rawr - Aren't you on US servers?
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Since your friend is a DK tank, I'd say it'd be best to bring your healer as those two roles are frustrating to try and find in general chat. If Rawr is coming along, she could also be DPS. Me and Fin could be DPS too, meaning we'd have a fully formed group already.

You're only an hour behind me, so I won't be up until silly o'clock in the morning. Unless we plan on doing all of them in one night.

I've never done Challenge mode dungeons either, but I'm pretty sure you don't have to have run normal and heroic versions of the dungeon beforehand do you? If so I might have to wait a little longer before I can do these Challenge ones. I know the gear is all scaled down, and it's more on strategy than pure power. I'll have to read some guides on the stuff, and beofre we go into each one we'll recap on anything we need to know. Some of the harder ones won't give us enough time to talk while we're in there.

I guess I'll leave my Battle tag on here then, which is Krysteena#2901 I think. I've probably got the numbers messed up, so I'll check a little later, just in case I've got something wrong :D
Last edited by Krysteena on Thu Jul 10, 2014 2:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mozag

Unread post by Mozag »

I know nothing about Challenge modes myself, but I am sure my partner would be willing to give advice and tips, since he's done most of them on Gold. I very much doubt we will be able to do them all in one night as I guess the first night will be us learning the ropes, etc. But we can always arrange to meet up once a week until they're done. :) I wake up so early myself that by midnight I am usually exhausted so staying beyond that is very hard for me. I'm an old woman! :D

Actually, I also have to amend the time, since we eat dinner around 18:00, which means we're available after 19:00 server time. But I guess that should be fine for you as well?

If we start doing them every week, I do need to make a disclaimer here that on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays my partner is raiding from evening till night, so those days are pretty much out.

My battletag is Ravendark#2120

My partner's is Disguise#2646

When I login I'll try to add you on yours. :)
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Meeting up once a week sounds good. We've got a while till Draenor hits, so we'll have plenty of time to grab us a Pheonix. I'm free all night Friday, so as long as I can catch you, any time's good.

Depending on what I do that day, I shouldn't end up asleep at the computer screen, but if things go quiet, you know what's happened :lol: I think I'll get myself a Violet Pheonix when we come round to it. Or the Emerald. This is why Draenor is good. We'll get all the colours when it hits, meaning we aren't limited :)
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I missed the EU part, yeah sorry I'm US :cry: :mrgreen:

Tulune
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Ravenholt

Unread post by Tulune »

I am also interested in running for silver.
Wut?
Finduilas
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Norgannon EU (H) - Thrall EU (H) - Antonidas EU(A)

Unread post by Finduilas »

My Battletag is Finduilas#2999 if I remember correctly. I can only be online on weekends when I have to go to work, but maybe a Friday evening would work to (not before 8pm central european standard time though). The coming two weeks I have school so I might also have one of the other afternoons. I have one challenge mode achiev on one of my hunters in silver so I'm happy to come all :)
Edit: I have skype and teamspeak and my English conversation skills should be decent enough to survive it :lol:

current signature thanks to Ashaine

Findu on Battle.net

Findu's stables

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Rawr wrote:I missed the EU part, yeah sorry I'm US :cry: :mrgreen:
Ahh. It's okay, thanks for the offer :)
Tulune wrote:I am also interested in running for silver.
What time can you be on? I'm guessing we'll begin on Friday and we should be active around...7pm BST time (or London time, I'm not too good with Time Zones) so if you could make it then that'd be great. If not, I guess I can run some others through the dungeons if they've missed any, if we can find a group.
Finduilas wrote:My Battletag is Finduilas#2999 if I remember correctly. I can only be online on weekends when I have to go to work, but maybe a Friday evening would work to (not before 8pm central european standard time though). The coming two weeks I have school so I might also have one of the other afternoons. I have one challenge mode achiev on one of my hunters in silver so I'm happy to come all :)
Edit: I have skype and teamspeak and my English conversation skills should be decent enough to survive it :lol:

I've got Skype too, but it's temperamental and doesn't like to be used if certain things are being used. Such as hair dryers. It had a problem with those :? I'm hoping we can do this without something such as team speak, as I'm pretty sure I don't have the gear/someone through it away. I'll add you, and we can wait until everyone we need is online. I've also got school, so you're not alone in that. But it'll be out soon for me, I'm guessing for you too? Summer is nearly here...although it doesn't look like summer outside my window right now :lol:
Mozag

Unread post by Mozag »

I added both you and Finduilas, Kayro. Not sure if the requests have come through as I'm not terribly proficient with battletags. :D
I very rarely add anyone, I guess it's my antisocial Finnish side rearing its ugly head. Heheh
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Mozag wrote:I added both you and Finduilas, Kayro. Not sure if the requests have come through as I'm not terribly proficient with battletags. :D
I very rarely add anyone, I guess it's my antisocial Finnish side rearing its ugly head. Heheh
I'll have a look tomorrow. I'm just about finished for the day. Transformers and explosions seem to make me tired. Not sure how it works out, but it happens.

I had to order chips today. I'm also the antisocial kind, and seeing someone I knew there was a terrifying thing. Worse than that, they were a family member. It was a horrible experience. Remind me to never go to that chip shop again :lol:

If anyone's up for it, during the weekend, we could do some rep farming for the heavenly golden cloud serpent. I'd be on during the evening mainly, but I'm sure we could get somewhere. The concept of doing that grind now/alone is enough to give me nightmares. I completed some math on how long it'd take for me to get to exalted. If I wanted it in a week, I'd have to kill 500 yaungol per day :shock:
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

blah i cant even get in a CM on my hunter, im 564ilvl aswell -_-
im 2 broke to pay for runs either.. welp its not the 1st time ive missed special mounts lol
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Ziroth wrote:blah i cant even get in a CM on my hunter, im 564ilvl aswell -_-
im 2 broke to pay for runs either.. welp its not the 1st time ive missed special mounts lol
Are you EU? It's not the gear that plays a massive part as it's scaled down, which is bad if you think on it. No face rolling these dungeons. But that's also a good thing. I don't know if we've got spaces left, depends if Tulune is coming tonight. 8pm BST time I think, we'll be going ahead with plans.

If we can't go with you at some point, I'd be happy to help you some other time and try to get you one :D I'd feel bad otherwise
Edit--I'm online from now onwards. I've got your request Mozag. I've sent you one Fin. There might be a point where I log off, just to have tea, but otherwise I'll be good to go. Computer swapping may happen if the better one is free :D
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

im eu - frostmourne. ive tried cm with my resto healer,hunter before. just people who think they can handle it end up failing so bad. ive tried it alot but gave up in the end

alliance - eu - frostmourne
horde - us - blackrock

im on mostly 24/7 besides wed mornings, from the 13th on ill be spending that with my bf. but after that im usualy home playing games lol
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Ziroth wrote:im eu - frostmourne. ive tried cm with my resto healer,hunter before. just people who think they can handle it end up failing so bad. ive tried it alot but gave up in the end

alliance - eu - frostmourne
horde - us - blackrock

im on mostly 24/7 besides wed mornings, from the 13th on ill be spending that with my bf. but after that im usualy home playing games lol
Going by last night we were missing 2 DPS for a while. If we're planning on doing CM when you're on as well, I'll let you know. You can add my btag if you'd like, Krysteena#2901, so I can contact you :)
Mozag

Unread post by Mozag »

We're doing these on Horde, Ziroth - do you have a Horde on an EU server?

Managed the two we attempted last night; was good fun - and the two randoms who joined us were both skilled and pleasant. I definitely look forward to doing more next week. :)