Alliance chopper is in as a gold sink

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Alliance chopper is in as a gold sink

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/150530 ... h-8-1-2014
Due to popular demand (and a few shady back-alley deals in Stormwind’s Old Town), the Alliance bike built for Azeroth Choppers will be rumbling its way to a vendor in Azeroth sometime after the launch of Warlords of Draenor. This mount will cost a pretty hefty sum of gold, however, so you might want to start saving up now if you want to ride around in style on this masterful machine. As a reminder, once the winning Horde Chopper is added to the game, it will be available for free to players who log in between now and September 30, 2014.
Remember, only characters of the associated faction will be able to ride each bike, so buyer beware!
Not sure how I feel about it being a gold sink though. If it's higher than the Grand Expedition Yak, I'd rather buy that one instead.
ImageImage
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: Alliance chopper is in as a gold sink

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I don't mind it being a gold sink. Gives me something to do when I'm max level and have done everything else. That's what I'm doing now :lol:

All I do to save is send all my gold to my bank alt that I hardly ever use :lol:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Awesome. Thanks for the news!

I was certain we'd see the Alliance Chopper in, and I was sure it wouldn't be easy to get or the competiton would have been meaningless. I guess it couldn't really be via engineering without it being lopsided, though.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

i dont even have the yak yet :P im worthless at saving money :D

Cowmu feel free to send me all your acces gold ;) :P

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The Horde chopper is only free for a limited time. One good thing about the Alliance one going in as a (presumably permanent) gold sink is that it means it's quite possible for the Horde bike to also become one after the give-away has ended. That would be way cooler than it being removed for good, as there will always be people in the future who may want it but missed out.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

people complained, blizz added, people complain more. sheesh
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I think if the Horde chopper does become a gold sink once the give away is over, that'll be a smart move on Blizz's part. I'd bet there's a lot of people already griping about favoritism and have been, and I think the less they minimize the differences between the two, the more people stop wigging out over the whole thing.

I myself don't care for it--wheels look weird. But for those who did, I'm glad it's in as a money sink anyways.
Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

.......wait....that's not the bike I voted against...I want that
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Blizzard: "we're having a TV show where motorcycle builders are going to design one bike for each - Horde and Alliance. YOU our legions of plaeyrs, will get to vote on which ONE bike gets inserted into the game. Only one side can win."

Customers: "YAY! For the Horde, For the Alliance!"

Blizzard: "Remember, only ONE of these two bikes will make it into the game, and it WILL be faction specific, so make sure you go out there and VOTE for your bike!:

Blizzard: "The votes are in! The one bike that will make it into the game is.... HORDE!!!"

Horde customers: "YAY!!"

Alliance customers: "That's no fair! we didn't agree to this! GIMME NAO!"

Moral of the story: No matter how clearly something is explained, people will be sh**-for-brains and go out of their way to not understand, and then whine and bitch and moan about it, and cry about how everything was "unfair".

BTW, I saw a bunch of Alliance players on the forums say that they had voted for the Horde bike because they thought it looked better. Yes, that definitely helps your cause.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

But I voted for horde and was fine it won...until now....I wouldn't have voted horde if I saw the in game versions of both
Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Hooray!

Also...called it!

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

From the way I had read it it was that the winning one (Horde) would be "free," so that implied the losing one would also be available, just "not free." So not surprised to see this result. I'm fine with it being a gold sink and agree that the Horde one will probably have a similar price attached once the giveaway period ends, so that people returning later to the game and new players will still have access to it.

But I still think the Horde one looks better and wish my Alli toons could use that instead. :p
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Sukurachi wrote:Blizzard: "we're having a TV show where motorcycle builders are going to design one bike for each - Horde and Alliance. YOU our legions of plaeyrs, will get to vote on which ONE bike gets inserted into the game. Only one side can win."

Blizzard: "Remember, only ONE of these two bikes will make it into the game, and it WILL be faction specific, so make sure you go out there and VOTE for your bike!:

Blizzard: "The votes are in! The one bike that will make it into the game is.... HORDE!!!"

Moral of the story: No matter how clearly something is explained, people will be sh**-for-brains and go out of their way to not understand, and then whine and bitch and moan about it, and cry about how everything was "unfair".

BTW, I saw a bunch of Alliance players on the forums say that they had voted for the Horde bike because they thought it looked better. Yes, that definitely helps your cause.

You seem to be a bit misinformed here.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Qraljar wrote:
Sukurachi wrote:Blizzard: "we're having a TV show where motorcycle builders are going to design one bike for each - Horde and Alliance. YOU our legions of plaeyrs, will get to vote on which ONE bike gets inserted into the game. Only one side can win."

please do tell. which part?

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Sukurachi wrote:
Qraljar wrote:

please do tell. which part?

The part where you make the erroneous assumption that the model and animations didn't exist/weren't worked on before people started complaining about it.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Qraljar wrote:The part where you make the erroneous assumption that the model and animations didn't exist/weren't worked on before people started complaining about it.
please quote my post where I say that.

the show was advertised, on television.

Blizzard never made any statements at the time of the show that BOTH bikes would be in-game. They always said that only one bike would be.

People jumped to the (correct, as it turned out) conclusion that both bikes would somehow make their way into the game.

I have made absolutely no statements regarding a timeline for the animation of the resultant bikes.
All I said was that people were told only one bike would make it, most people didn't complain at that time.
Then when it was clear that it was the horde bike making it into the game, the alliance players started hollering that it "wasn't fair".
There were COUNTLESS threads and postings on different forums about how "Blizzard favours the horde".

Deny that all you want, you'll still be wrong.
And invent strawman arguments all your want, and you'll again still be wrong.

"Step on no pets!"

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

There's no hard evidence either way, but I'm convinced they intended to make both bikes available from the start. The opportunity just seems too much for them to pass that up. But announcing it at the start of the contest would have dulled the enthusiasm.
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I'd bet if the Alliance won, there'd be tons of people shrieking about how it's not fair to the Horde. I think it was a terrible idea to even imply it was a competition and only one would win--that's how you cause a HUGE storm of angry people with pitchforks who QQ and weep about the injustices in this world. By putting the bike in, they might be able to at least soothe some of that grief.

I dunno.
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Yeah I'm not really upset about this. They made it clear from the beginning that one faction would get the mount for free, and that happened. But we also get the other one, which is pretty nice too.

I'd prefer it if they went the route of "Just kidding, you get both!" but that's never seemed to be Blizzard's way, which is a shame but eh- that's how it is.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wain wrote:There's no hard evidence either way, but I'm convinced they intended to make both bikes available from the start. The opportunity just seems too much for them to pass that up. But announcing it at the start of the contest would have dulled the enthusiasm.
Pretty much this and what Azu said. If it were the other way around, the same QQing would've happened but there was never anything saying one way or another. They just said the winning bike would be a free mount.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine