25m SoO for Wolf mount.

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Rinel
Realm: Uldaman

25m SoO for Wolf mount.

Unread post by Rinel »

Alright I have seen several people here asking about setting up a group to run SoO for the wolf mount with very little success. Well I would love to get the mount from the achievement so I'm setting up a run because I'm bored and I don't feel like paying 10k for a mount that I can easily get a group going for.

I'm planning on doing a 10man 25man run, because I know the mount comes from that achievement and I haven't done much research on the 25 version of the achievement. If someone can confirm the mount also comes from the 25man achievement, I'll make it a 25man so more can get it.

What Faction: Horde, I could possibly do an Alliance run, but my only ally atm is a poorly geared mage.

When: Sept 13th, This coming Saturday

What time: Around 6:00 6:30 P.M. EST (I think its -5 GST), It may change, if so I will update this post.

What are needed: I will be going on my disc priest, I'm assuming my Hubby will go on his Prot Warrior but he may surprise me by going on his hunter, I will also be dragging a boomkin with me.

So 1-2 tanks, 1-2 healers and 4-6 dps. Would like some varity but if it ends up every dps is a hunter, then so be it, I did post this on a hunter forum :P

Contact for Questions: Cynfire1478#1990

Hopefully I'll get some people interested, if not I will shut up and go back into lurker mode :lol:

**Edit: I've changed the time, it will now be at 6:30p.m. instead of 6, to give people a bit more time. I don't want to start much later but if you need to come late, that's fine with me. I've also made an Openraid.com event for this, http://openraid.us/events/view/235133#info. If your a member, please sign up and leave a note saying who you are on the Petopia fourms, so I don't count you twice, Thanks!
Last edited by Rinel on Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Re: 10m SoO for Wolf mount.

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Is some type of voice chat required?
Rinel

Unread post by Rinel »

Don't see why really, by this point I'm assuming most people know the fights, or at least have watched some videos on them. Plus I don't have a mic :lol:. But if needed I'm sure I can steal someones vent or buy a server myself.
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

I don't have a mic either, which is why i asked. What is the item level requirement? Next Sat. is my birthday, so not sure what I'll be doing yet, but definitely interested in getting that wolf.
Rinel

Unread post by Rinel »

I'm not going to go crazy for ilvl since my priest is 530, so around lfr soo gear lvl, as long as its not like 450 or something. I would be willing to take 1 or 2 people who were at 510ish if it wouldn't slow us down too much.
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Darn...sucks working weekends :(

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I'm item level 524, but I've got gems and a few enchants. I could get my gear a little higher if you'd be willing to take me. I should be able to make it on Saturday. That wolf mount is gorgeous. I'll have to read up on tactics, as I've only got as far as...Thok, I think it was.

If needed I can step out if someone else has a higher item level and wow what they're doing. Give to those who out more time if before you look to me :) I only play hunter seriously and can offer survival or BM. Depends if you'd like the battle rezz a Quilen gives (in case of emergencies) or the extra heals of a spirit beast.

I don't need to have completed the whole raid on lfr do I? I knows there's certain achievements needed for different areas on lfr, but does that apply for normal and if so what do I need? I haven't pve'd seriously, in ages and am hoping to get back into the swing in Draenor. Why not start with a normal clear of SoO? Plus...Wolfie!

Edit--I'm EU, and going by your post on the Phoenix thread, you're US. So, uhh, yeah. Perhaps I'll have to sit this one out :(
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

As far as your questions, yes you can get the achievement in 10m or 25m. For 10m you would need (assuming a lower ilvl group) 2 tanks, 2 healers, rest dps. If you can get a few geared players to join, you can 1 tank or 1 heal to increase the number of dps, but it does make the fight a little more complicated at certain points.

That said (and I'm not saying it's impossible and I certainly wish your group the best of luck) if your entire group is ilvl 510 - 530ish and aren't experienced inside and out with the fight, it's not going to be easy to kill him. Just looking at wowprogress, I see that many decent, solid raiding guilds didn't get their first kills until they had an average group ilvl of 545 or so. I know my group was over 560 when we finally got our first kill. So if possible you should consider balancing out each lower geared toon with someone much more geared, to get the group up to at least the 540s.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Damn, it's horde. My raiders are alliance....

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Rinel

Unread post by Rinel »

peanutbuttercup wrote: if your entire group is ilvl 510 - 530ish and aren't experienced inside and out with the fight, it's not going to be easy to kill him.
Oh I know, I mean I'm willing to take one or two that are undergeared, but if everyone who wants to join is under 525 I know this won't work. And since you answered my question about the 25 man achievement, then I'll turn this to 25man. Those who are interested add me to bnet letting me know, so I can keep track of how many more we need, then I can post it onto Open Raid to fill in the rest. If needed I can move the day to Sunday or the following weekend (sept 20-21), since this is sudden and all lol.

Maybe a few of Petopia's finest who already have the mount would like to help the rest of us get it *hint hint people* :lol:
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Re: 25m SoO for Wolf mount.

Unread post by Aleu »

Well, I have a 535 Marks hunter who could go survival if my dps isn't quite high enough as marks. The problem is, 6:00 is right when I get off of work. The only way I'd make it is if it's slow at the shelter and I leave early. Otherwise, I likely won't be home until around 6:30/7:00 since I'm on the east coast. XP

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Oh my god i will ask off from work for this. My ilvl is only 512 though. I can try to get it up before then of course but I dont think ill be too much higher than that. Im a hunter so can only deeps

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Rinel

Unread post by Rinel »

Aleu wrote:Well, I have a 535 Marks hunter who could go survival if my dps isn't quite high enough as marks. The problem is, 6:00 is right when I get off of work. The only way I'd make it is if it's slow at the shelter and I leave early. Otherwise, I likely won't be home until around 6:30/7:00 since I'm on the east coast. XP
Thats fine, I'm more than willing to change times/days to fit everyone's schedule as long as it isn't like 3 in the morning or during my husband's work time since he will be going or I won't do this.

And I can make it for sometime during the week, in the evening, as well. Usually Tues/Wends/Thurs are good nights for us. I just said weekend because I don't want to take anyone from other raiding events etc.

If you want to go, say so either here or send me a PM/Bnet invite, so I get an idea of how many I have and what else I need :)
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

If you ever do one alliance, I have a 552 feral and 550 monk, dps.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I can offer a 531 Ret Pally Horde-Side, although I'd probably be lateish so I dunno. We usually eat dinner between the 6-7 range on weekends.
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

Unread post by Aleu »

Rinel wrote:
Aleu wrote:Well, I have a 535 Marks hunter who could go survival if my dps isn't quite high enough as marks. The problem is, 6:00 is right when I get off of work. The only way I'd make it is if it's slow at the shelter and I leave early. Otherwise, I likely won't be home until around 6:30/7:00 since I'm on the east coast. XP
Thats fine, I'm more than willing to change times/days to fit everyone's schedule as long as it isn't like 3 in the morning or during my husband's work time since he will be going or I won't do this.

And I can make it for sometime during the week, in the evening, as well. Usually Tues/Wends/Thurs are good nights for us. I just said weekend because I don't want to take anyone from other raiding events etc.

If you want to go, say so either here or send me a PM/Bnet invite, so I get an idea of how many I have and what else I need :)
I'll send you a Bnet invite to keep in touch. I would like to go. :3

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I'd love to help but all my higher dps are alliance (and i'd have to work out what 6pm US time was for Aust) I also have a healer alliance side. My horde hunter is only 510ish ilvl I think..

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

This is all happening US side isn't it? Just wanna make sure :)
Rinel

Unread post by Rinel »

Yea I'm on Uldaman-US (pve server) so thats where people will get pulled to for invites.
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

My dad's mage has an ilvl of 539 and he wouldn't mind joining. I'll add you on bent when I get on later, I guess

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!