Draenor Raredrop Mounts Infothread

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Draenor Raredrop Mounts Infothread

Unread post by Lupis »

Info thread! More will be added as people contribute. Basically, if you see a Draenor rare that drops a mount, please post about it here!

Info needed: Time of kill, Time of previous spawn (if possible), LOCATION (a screnshot of the map would be ideal!), behavior of the rare (was it moving? Standing still?)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

The spell "Dominate Mind" IS NOT safe to use on rare spawns. It WILL clear all tags on the mob, and only people who tag again after the spell is cast will get loot.

Gorok
-Frostfire Ridge
-6 confirmed spawn locations
-Current minimum spawn timer is 2.5 hours, goes up to and possibly beyond 7 hours.
-Everyone who tags gets the mount.
-Stationary, does not wander.

Nakk the Thunderer
-Nagrand
-Very large health pool
-Patrols

Luk'hok
-Nagrand
-Medium healthpool
-Patrols

Poundfist
-Gorgrond
-Multiple spawn points
-Very unsure spawn timer, possibly 72+ hours

Silthide
-Talador
-Three confirmed spawn locations
-Stationary, does not wander
-Large healthpool

Pathrunner
-Shadowmoon Valley
-Six confirmed spawn locations
-Wanders around in a small area
-Spawn timer: Minimum known 30 minutes
-Very small healthpool

Nok-Karosh
-Frostfire Ridge
-NOT RARE. Nok-Karosh's spawn timer is likely under a few minutes. He's not a rare, just a very beefy, very hard-hitting elite!
-DOES NOT drop a mount for everyone tagged. He drops one single copy of his mount and everyone in the group (it's only presented to grouped members) gets to roll. One person wins.
-The mount is not bound. It can be sold on the auction house and traded. (Only one person can learn it, however.)
-Very hard to kill, one-hits most tanks. Needs to be kited.

You can start posting info whenever, I'll be using the next post to recount my adventures with Gorok as they transpire!

I apologize for how INCREDIBLY messy this thread currently is, I will be cleaning it up.
Last edited by Lupis on Sun Nov 23, 2014 7:33 pm, edited 12 times in total.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Re: Draenor Raredrop Mounts Infothread

Unread post by Lupis »

Time to talk about what I've learned from Gorok.

I've been camping him for about a full day. From what we can gather, he's spawned at least twice in this time. We can confirm that he spawned at 1:30 PM, then again at roughly 4 PM, as I talked to the two players that killed him at each time. We also found a new spawn location not listed on WoWhead or other rarespawn sites or blogs!

See that? New spawn spot. Talked to a hunter who found him idle there. Make sure to check it too if you're looking for him.

Here are all the spawn spots I've seen so far. He's spawned at all of them except for the Cracked Plains while I was camping.

His timer is uncertain, but the minimum at the moment seems to be 2.5 hours, and we've seen 5-7 hours as well. It's very possible we just missed spawns earlier, but we were extremely vocal about it for a five hour period, so I suspect we didn't miss any spawns in that period of time.

Finally- make sure you tell General chat, and make sure you're careful about health. He only has 650kt health, and a level 100 could destroy him in very short time. If many people want to get the tag, you're going to need to do so carefully!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Thanks, hunting the boar right now so this is wonderful.

For Pathrunner, a number of spawn points have been reported. I can confirm this one, as it is where we saw him spawn and then killed him

http://www.wowhead.com/maps?data=6719:461685

There is a hill with one of the ancient tree creatures and a number of the elekk (or whatever the elephant creatures are called). He spawned around the middle or bottom of that hill, between the graveyard and scorther's rise.
Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Lupis, I found the boar down near wor'gol. I was on the quest to find somebody and there was a cave with jaguar people. he was very near that.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Just remmember that there is a Gron rare nearby the Gorok spawn near your garrison called Gurun <Son of Skog>. Don't get confused like I did XD
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Thank you, Dew! As soon as I can log on, I'll find that cave and mark it on the map. FIVE spawn points, ew. x.x

Shade, I'll put a map up for Pathrunner in just a moment, thank you!

And Cow, don't even get me started on Borrok, the rare worm that spawns. Everyone mixes them up!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Just killed pathrunner, on the southern most spawn point you have marked (south of burial fields). She was walking back and forth in the area but not patrolling. Was 3 and a half hours from the time I started my camp before she spawned.

There are some spawns I want to add though:

These are confirmed via my own sightings, WoWhead and WoWDB

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Whew, these guys are really racking up the spawn points. Thanks! I have the map updated (just used yours, if that's okay) and I added the info.

Not looking forward to camping that one myself, in an Ally area with so many spawn spots. x.x

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yeah... I did it in a group with 30 some people which made it a LOT easier. Had 2-3 people stationed at each spawn, to call out if they saw her. Didn't cut down on the long wait, but at least when she spawned in a spot I wasn't camping, I knew.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Thanks for doing this :) I'm hoping to get these but I have the worst luck ever T.T lol

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Thanks for this thread :) I'm really unlucky too so this helps heaps! I have been looking for pathrunner while lvling but not seen him yet.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I just got Silthide too! :D

I can't comment on the spawn time, though. I looked in the raid finder, and saw "SILTHIDE SPAWNED". Almost had a heart attack and got there just in time as some random person came by and started attacking before the entire group could get there.

I can add another spawn though, as she was found in a spot that wasn't marked (directly south-west? of terrokar refuge)

Also have a map for Nakk:

The one above Joz's Rylaks was where I saw him on launch day. Just standing there, not patting.

And Poundfist, as far I know only one spawn (circled it 'cause it's hard to see)

Last edited by Lupen202 on Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill (Horde)Ravencrest (Ally)

Unread post by Snowbird »

Wow nice!!! i am going mad about theese!

Signature Made By Senenith

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Here's confirmation on another spawn for Nakk!

http://i.imgur.com/284bAud.jpg

Someone posted it on Wowhead :)

Updated the map in my post above.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill (Horde)Ravencrest (Ally)

Unread post by Snowbird »

Yeah it was on my server! I was in Nagrand and came back to the computer and it was killed 20mins ago.. Same with the Elekk i was so mad :( so mad

Signature Made By Senenith

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Thanks a ton Lupen! Very helpful. <3

I can confirm that Pathrunner has a very erratic, possibly short spawn timer and a TON of spawn points. At least six and counting! He can definitely spawn 30 minutes after his previous death, aaaand also quite a few hours after. The sheer amount of spawn points (and his very low health pool) makes him VERY aggravating to camp for Horde.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

I have one to report on behalf of my fiance. Luk'hok in Nagrand on the way to the outpost. I'm gonna camp for him myself but my fiance got him today and he dropped an elekk. Everyone that tagged got the mount too(Molted Meadowstomper). Fiance says he was in Stonecrag Gorge and that is where he is usually sighted but he pats around all of Nagrand he says.

If I find him, I'll get screenies.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

IMPORTANT NOTICE

The spell "Dominate Mind" IS NOT safe to use on rare spawns. It WILL clear all tags on the mob, and only people who tag again after the spell is cast will get loot.

Myself and about 30 other people just lost Pathrunner's mount because of this, please be aware.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Seiryu

Unread post by Seiryu »

Lupis, out of curiosity were they any sub 100s in your group when Pathrunner spawned? I've noticed some weird phasing issues with having 100s in with 90-99s. I cant see any lower levels in the same phase as me.

I kind of tested this with a friend. At least with MoP if you had say an 85 invite you to group and you were 90, they'd be on your realm even though they were lead. I've found WoD to be a little odd.

So I killed a mob on my server. Had a lvl 95 friend invite me, and I was phased out like usual, corpse disappeared and a brand new mob was up, along with the ones around me disappearing. I happened to see someone from my realm, so obviously I wasn't phased onto her realm. I dropped group, and when I did, THAT person from my server I saw, vanished and I saw a different person from my realm close by that wasn't there before, oddly killing the same rare as the guy who just phased out, but I only saw the 1 person. Kinda like there were multiple phases to my server (and not just the regular phase by quests). Just something I noticed. I hope I explained that well enough. This isn't the typical quest phasing as I saw them both at some point and the only difference was I was grouped and saw one, and not the other.

I was in a group for Pathrunner for over 7 hours and we never saw one, but we had a ton of lowbies and was wondering if that had something to do with it. Like literally had 3-4 people in the raid on my spot and couldn't see them, even a 99 who had completed the zone.

I still need the Talbuk, Hippo and Gronnling. If anyone is wanting to camp any, feel free to message me for my real id!
Seiryu

Unread post by Seiryu »

So I just killed Silthide!

At a new spawn point to boot!

I have 2 screenshots. One of him alive, and one dead with the group looting the mounts. He spawned around 62, 46. He didn't roam far, sitting in the same little area swimming back and forth. In the same pool as the rare, Hammertooth.

Just the Talbuk and Gronn to go!
Attachments
WoWScrnShot_111714_212636.jpg
WoWScrnShot_111714_212636.jpg (577.88 KiB) Viewed 24765 times
WoWScrnShot_111714_212844.jpg
WoWScrnShot_111714_212844.jpg (585.37 KiB) Viewed 24765 times