Draenor Raredrop Mounts Infothread

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: Draenor Raredrop Mounts Infothread

Unread post by Lupen202 »

New spawn for gorok reported; can't edit map myself right now though.

http://puu.sh/cVKRT/464770e0c3.jpg

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Gunna get the maps updated today, thanks guys!

Gorok's up to SIX spawn points! x.x

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

It's also speculated that Poundfist pats & has multiple spawns but no confirmation on that.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Tarren Mill (Horde)Ravencrest (Ally)

Unread post by Snowbird »

Wow finally after soo long of countless hours camping in soo many different groups, camping all the mount rares at the same time, camping only one at once.
Last night i found a Pathrunner only group. So i thought maybe its better to only camp just one for now. So i sticked with that.

Has been sitting in this group for the past 4 hours, wathing tv series, was on my third episode when i tabbed into the game again. And i saw the guy who was camping at the cave said he is up!. HE IS UP AT THE CAVE.
Everything exploded peaople screaming CC Stop attacking!! He said there is allies here NUKing him! Get here fast NOw!. I ran for my life. The other day i was camping to i found Shirni, and got the Spirit of shirni item that turns you into him for some seconds runs really fast. I was up at the very northrend spawn, and flew with this item allmost down to the cave, where i saw Pathrunner going from 40% to 10 in a few seconds!! Then the blessed druid cycloned it to save it for the few lucky ones that made it because of it. I got my hit in at only 6% because ppl where spamming attacks.

Finally got it! Was soo happy! But i felt bad for the poor souls who didnt make it!.

Signature Made By Senenith

Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

So before i went to bed last night i camped myself at Nagrand. At one of Nakk's spawn points, hoping that he would be up when i logged in. There was no nakk or Luk up. Then i decided to stalk the group finder. There it was a group called LUK'HOK up!!! and i spammed it and started running. Joined in and he had spawned at the Mar'gorks spawn point and i was down south. Thank god there wherent many there and he was inviting in ppl to get it. So i ran and eventually found it. We summoned and got all there. I think we where around 20 something players, and i also got a friend into the grp aswell! :) so happy pathrunner and luk so close!

Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

So After getting Luk'Hok. I started camping raid finder in hope that something else was up. I found a grp named Silthide up!. I tried to join it but no inv. So i decided to take fp there just incase. I landed and still no inv. I stalked the finder again and saw a grp called NAKK IS UP!!. Wow i just came from Nagrand! I joined that seeing it filled up FAST! and my hs to nagrand was on cooldown. So i jumped on a FP and spamming in raid chat wait ill summ all.

When i got there i started summoning ppl and saw we filled up to 40min in seconds. He spawned at 63.28.20.19 somewhere around there in North. We started killing and it went down fast!

The other day i was in a 40man raid grp for around 8 hours straight it went from 40 ppl only to 2 40man grps to more! So i think we where over 100 ppl at the same spot. So i think it phased out because ppl said nakk spawned at out spot but we could not see him. So when camping theese dont stack at one spot!!
Cant believe i got 2 mounts in less than an hour! Bless ppl that annouce a spawn and wait for all to come!.

I suggest all stalk that finder!! You might get lucky as me! 3 mounts in less than 24hours.!

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Poundfist has started spawning on the EU and NA servers. About 4 or 5 confirmed kills on NA.

Here are his spawns:

http://www.wowhead.com/maps?data=6721:4 ... 4431420250

He does pat.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Of course he couldn't JUST have an outrageously long spawn timer! Thanks for the map, adding it to the first post.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

So i logged on this morning in Nagrand. And i saw someone write in gereral that Luk'Hok had spawned. So i thought why not inv the friends i have and help them get the pretty elekk rare? So i started inviting. At the moment we where gonna pull i think i had 5 friends there. They nuked it down and all got their mounts. And i was just stadning there mounted on my Nakk mount not attacking. But when it died i could still Loot it and still got the Mount?! Has the Tag changed? do u only need to be in the grp and close to get the mount? Anyone else noticed this? Was this a bug or only on Luk? :)

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

I haven't had it confirmed until now, but people are saying that if someone in your group tags, you get loot too. I'm not sure about that, but it seems like it could be true!

Warning for Poundfist- he's starting to spawn, but he's absolutely RIDDLED with phasing issues. Entire raid groups are missing him because he'll spawn on a different phase. Just happened to Veph and I twice in one night.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:Warning for Poundfist- he's starting to spawn, but he's absolutely RIDDLED with phasing issues. Entire raid groups are missing him because he'll spawn on a different phase. Just happened to Veph and I twice in one night.
I'm still so bitter about this. T_T All those hours, and two different servers, and the same damn phasing problem happened both times. We even tried staying out of a group the second attempt in hopes it wouldn't happen again.

*sighs*
Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Yeah, I think I would have preferred to just- miss getting the tag or something. It would have been awful but having him spawn where we literally could not get to him (TWICE) was just a real kick in the gut. TWICE.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I camped 16 hours for Poundfist on Drakkari. Passed out when I layed down for a bit and slept for four or five hours.. Woke up, back to camping. Been at it 4 and a half hours now and back with my group from Drakkari.

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

So ive been stalking the grp finder. And this morning i found a group that was named Gorok up!! I joined that and flew to Frostfire and got this kinda cute boar. :)

Snowbird
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

So i was in Talador for my first group daily from my garrison. I was gonna do the Assoult on shattrath. Had found 2 guys that i was gonna roll with went into the town. And there i see in general. LFM SILTHIDE!. I instantly clicked leave grp and asked for an invite.
It turned out he was spawned at the small pool close to Terokkar refuge, and i was all the way in shattrath city sorrounded by elites, i did not know a way out. So i ran in circles, trying to find a way. When a dk said ill pull in 1 min i cba to wait bla bla.. some players are just too selfish. I found my way out and went on a fp to Terokkar, when i was close the paladin who had invited he said pulled i cant wait anymore have waited for 10mins, with 2 ppl on their way. Wow thats mean thought, but i made it there took a few screens and got my tag so im happy.

Now the only one left i need is the elusive Poundfist! Wow this guy..xD

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

The Poundfist issue seems (I think) to be due to the load of camping players in the zone. When large numbers of players gather in one place, the server splits them off into different phases. As a result, a selection of players see Poundfist and the rest do not, even though they're from the same server. I could be wrong, but this is my understanding of how it works.

Regardless of the mechanic, it is obvious that their server guys are really floundering right now. It's too much for them. It's now weeks in and server and instance related issues are still a daily problem for the average user. They really did take on much more than they were capable of getting right in the time frame (or were made to take on... )
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Acherontia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Acherontia »

Wain wrote:The Poundfist issue seems (I think) to be due to the load of camping players in the zone. When large numbers of players gather in one place, the server splits them off into different phases. As a result, a selection of players see Poundfist and the rest do not, even though they're from the same server. I could be wrong, but this is my understanding of how it works.
I am a roleplayer, and I can say two things with utter certainty:

1. It WILL happen in ALL zones (or rather, it is NOT limited to Gorgrond!);
2. It WILL happen regardless of -current- player #. (They might allocate based on averages for a zone, I don't know.)

It's very unfortunate, but even pre-expansion launch, when we were roleplaying in the Blasted Lands, many of us could not see others without a group invite. Even in Shadowmoon at 4 AM, when nobody is about, we'll get a whisper from someone asking where we are, and when inviting them to a group, they magically phase in RIGHT in the middle of us.

When I ran into Poundfist on my -dead- realm (Nagrand etc. EU), only five people total turned up to kill it. Another two tried, but could not see it, nor us--only one another. I checked and one had finished all the quests in the area. It was definitely not down to local population at the time (I didn't dare invite them to group; they were level 100, I was 96, I would have lost the phase & thus the tag).

I've heard a lot of stories with the same issues regarding the other rares, Pathrunner in particular.

TL;DR: No point whatsoever in watching rarespawn / respawn timers, as you may be on a different "phase" (sharded server may be a better word) than whoever else killed it.
Golden
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Chamber of Aspects-A, Bloodhoof-H

Unread post by Golden »

I've developed a habit of checking up on the two rares that I still need(ed), Nakk and Silthide. Today I really lucked out, because as I landed at the flightpoint nearest to Nakk's spawns, someone was asking about a "mount rare" in General. No one responded to them with more info, so I carried on to Nakk's Northern spawnpoint, and he was there! Being killed by a bunch of people, he was at about 30% when I got close enough to get a shot in.

That leaves just Silthide! ♥
Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Anyone have an idea on what the max for Pathrunner's spawn time is? I started my camp about an hour ago, then I see in my guilds chat that one of the guildies found him patting around and killed him (le fuuuck ;---;). Since his timer's minimum a half hour, I'm still gonna sit out here at my chosen spot to camp (south of burial grounds) but I've no idea how long he can go without spawning once past the minimum mark

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

i think both gorok and pathrunner have shorter spawn timers than the other mount rares from what i have heard/gathered. i think their respawn maxes out at 18 hours. at least that's what most players have said and i'm inclined to believe them. my gorok and pathrunner camp were by far the shortest camps and both groups had been camping for ten hours or less.

Also an important note on poundfist that everyone should keep in mind. When a server starts splitting you into different phases, those phases seem to have a separate poundfist spawn timer. I kept tabs on multiple info threads, twitter and b.tag friends during the first time he was able to spawn. several servers started to report double (and i think one even had a triple) poundfist spawns along with screenshots to confirm the kills, most of them within an hour or so of the original server kill.
this seems to be a very rare occurrence that happens on the most populated servers so there is no real way to know or guarantee that the server you are camping on will get a double spawn.
I think as more and more players missed out on multiple kills they began to all pool in on certain servers and unknowingly forced these splits. clearly this can be redemption for some and pure rage for others.