Voidtalon of the Dark Star

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Voidtalon of the Dark Star

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Looks like they will be adding the Purple Version on the Flametalon of Alysrazor up coming in 6.1
I'm glad they are adding previously designed/created mounts where they fit in tbh, I fear if they are left out for too long they won't graphically fit so well with how far the graphics can improve from expansion to expansion..

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Voidtalon of the Dark Star

Unread post by Vephriel »

EEEEE ♥
Going to need this one. *_*
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Hmm neat. I'm hoping if they do Farahlon we'll be seeing more of the pterrorwing mounts... kind of sucks we got only one. There are so many neat recolors that never got put into the game :(

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Stephen
Realm: Stormrage-US-Alliance

Unread post by Stephen »

If anyone is interested, this is confirmed on the 6.1 PTR notes found on the front page of MMO-Champion so they are indeed introducing this mount.

Also, this mount requires Level 100 and is delivered through in-game mail so is most likely an achievement award. Letter says "I believe you misplaced this in the void. Be more careful next time %T."
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Omg want!!! mmm hope it isn't going to be an achievement like "Only the penitent..." cause that held me back from my purple hawk for so long hehe!!

I'm secretly hoping it's the next mount collecting reward as we got the green hawk for the last one ^.^

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for the further details! I get home tomorrow and will start hunting to find its source, if it hasn't been located by then.

It is very cool they're finding a place for it in the game. The only one left is the green one. I guess it could become a fel-corrupted one in the future, much like the flying version did.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Stephen
Realm: Stormrage-US-Alliance

Unread post by Stephen »

If I had to guess I would say it is a reward for "Glory of the Blackrock Raider," just because the other purple firelands bird was, but I'm hoping that's not the case.

I would prefer a unique skin for the glory achievements because those aren't always easy to do and increased difficulty should have increased reward in my opinion.

Maybe there will be a new Shadowmoon-void-like faction in 6.1 that rewards the mount.

Edit: By "unique skin," I mean similar to how Throne of Thunder had the SkyScreamer and Siege had the armored proto drake as opposed to a recolor.

Then again there have been some recolor mounts as glory achieves in the past so who knows lol
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I can't remember the text of any previous "Glory" mails but the one for the Voidtalon certainly gives nothing away. It's really hard to guess what it might be for from the mail, but perhaps it's a placeholder.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

camping all day n night for this and no luck - tho usualy when i camp for pets i randomly log on and there they are. might happen at random for me XD

so want this!