New "Ultra rare" mount (Purple Firebird) in 6.1

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Re: New "Ultra rare" mount (Purple Firebird) in 6.1

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Thanks for all the info guys. As of tonight i have begun my soulless camp. rubbing the thread for good luck. hoping to get it before the spawn points are too well known but knowing my luck i will be here forever. Really wish Blizz wouldn't go out of their way to make things extra hard. Mount farmers are going to camp whether you want them to or not- their just making it even less pleasant for us to do so. >.<
I also seem to have a gift for overlooking the actual portal in these screen shots and videos. I have to look at them several times before i see them. Hope that wont come back to bite me.

the other campers I have met so far have been pretty polite though. Its always nice to meet friendly people on camps like this.

Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Krauth »

Personally i'll just do laps during certain daily routines or fish near a spot that a portal can spawn, i think blizzard really goes out of it's way to screw the life of mount collectors, if anything they could've laid several breadcrumbs and made a interesting hunt somewhat like Gara, but no, let's make everything RNG and luck based cause fck logic.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Yeah I agree with you 100% Krauth. I would much rather see something like a breadcrumb hunt or a puzzle. much more engaging than these camps!

it seems like people are seeing the portal spawn fairly often already though so here is to hoping its not going to be as bad as aeonaxx or timelost. People are saying they are starting to notice the spawn reports coming in small waves.

Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Krauth »

SylviaDragon wrote:Yeah I agree with you 100% Krauth. I would much rather see something like a breadcrumb hunt or a puzzle. much more engaging than these camps!

it seems like people are seeing the portal spawn fairly often already though so here is to hoping its not going to be as bad as aeonaxx or timelost. People are saying they are starting to notice the spawn reports coming in small waves.

If the portals have a 6 hour spawn i'd be fine with that, but knowing blizzard i wouldn't be surprised if it were once a day.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

SylviaDragon wrote:Thanks for all the info guys. As of tonight i have begun my soulless camp. rubbing the thread for good luck. hoping to get it before the spawn points are too well known but knowing my luck i will be here forever. Really wish Blizz wouldn't go out of their way to make things extra hard. Mount farmers are going to camp whether you want them to or not- their just making it even less pleasant for us to do so. >.<
Thats kinda because they don't want you to camp at all for this one - thats why this one is so random so you really can't. I don't understand how you could camp for a random portal tbh. Do we even know that they spawn in the same place over and over? Like I don't want to rain on your parade but i think camping this mount goes against its purpose of a random treasure you come across in game.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

You really aren't meant to camp this mount. It's specifically designed to not be campable, but a nice rare chance find for some random person. If you're going to attempt a brute force approach to beat the system then nobody can stop you, but I don't believe Blizzard should be blamed for the ensuing misery.

It's a bit like blaming the lottery for basically forcing you to buy millions of tickets to win.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Curtarc
Realm: Les Sentinelles

Unread post by Curtarc »

Got it today after camping all saturday, all sunday and around 6 hours today. There was someone in my server that got it at 2:45 am on monday so since I noticed that the huge majority of 2nd portal discoveries were coming over 48h after the last portal I decided to return camping today, at 2:45 am. The few ones that were reported with less than 48h didn't have any relevant proof behind them. There was no maintenance in my server (French) so I was able to camp without interruption. It seems however that after a server reset that's when the portal is more likely to be found since there are many Wowhead confirmed kills coming 1-2 hours after maintenance.

I camped between both spots in FFR, but kept checking the 3rd spot every 15 minutes, along other spots where 4 of my alts were placed. That 3rd spot in FFR was were I found the portal. FFR really seems to be the best place to camp since all 3 known spots are close to each other.

Good luck everyone!

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Welp, apparently I've roped myself into doing this somehow even though I explicitly told myself I wasn't going to. :lol:

I figure I'll just do some casual camping at nights when I've got nothing better to do, see if I get lucky. I'm rather partial to the northern FFR spot because it's got this cute clefthoof wandering around and he keeps me company.

( Also hi Sylvia! ;) )
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Hahaha, Hi veph. Happy hunting. Was surprised to bump into you. If you have a feather or something I would recommend trying to get up on top of the rock you saw me on. I get a clear view of both portals. the third one may be too far away for the portal graphics to show up still but its easy to eagle eye it from where I was.

WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

Here's possibly an odd question; does the portal make noise? I had a dual monitor setup, but one monitor died. I like to alt tab, and it'd be nice if there was a sound attached to the portal.
Curtarc
Realm: Les Sentinelles

Unread post by Curtarc »

WerebearGuy wrote:Here's possibly an odd question; does the portal make noise? I had a dual monitor setup, but one monitor died. I like to alt tab, and it'd be nice if there was a sound attached to the portal.
I didn't notice any noise from the portal I found yesterday. However, I was in such a hurry to get to the portal and click if before anyone else appeared that I might not have noticed some kind of sound. At least it does not produce any loud noise, that I can garantee.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Vephriel wrote:Eesh, I'm glad I have the flying version of the purple fire bird or I'd be tearing my hair out at the thought of trying to camp/hunt this! :lol:

Congrats to the lucky people who have found it! It's a gorgeous mount, I hope I'll stumble across a portal one day but I don't think I'll push myself much beyond some casual searching. I'm assuming there's only one portal up at a time, and it's on a very long spawn timer, and can spawn just about anywhere in any one of the zones. Far too much RNG for me!

It's certainly a unique experience though, I think the whole idea is very cool if not agonizingly frustrating for anyone that is pining for the mount.
I'd like to take this opportunity to point and laugh at my past self. (3 weeks of minimal sleep and food later..)

Good luck to anyone still after this mount, I haven't experienced this level of a soulsucking camp since my Aeonaxx days. x_x
Samskeyti
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Steamwheedle Cartel EU

Unread post by Samskeyti »

I've updated my blog with information on all the spawn points, also a big thanks thanks to some of you Petopians who took great screenshots! I hope it helps in knowing when and where to find this pretty bird.

http://sneakysams.blogspot.com/p/voidta ... -star.html
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Samskeyti wrote:I've updated my blog with information on all the spawn points, also a big thanks thanks to some of you Petopians who took great screenshots! I hope it helps in knowing when and where to find this pretty bird.

Thanks very much for the maps!
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Samskeyti wrote:I've updated my blog with information on all the spawn points, also a big thanks thanks to some of you Petopians who took great screenshots! I hope it helps in knowing when and where to find this pretty bird.

Your site was incredibly useful - it's like all the most useful info from Wowhead condensed into an easy-to-browse format. The screenshots of exact locations plus the macro were both super handy, and helped me figure out ideal spots for camping as a hunter (Eagle Eye ftw!) Finally got mine after some pretty hardcore camping (I think I was closing in on 8 hrs a day) - whew!
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

I was camping out on spawn point 3 in Spires of Arak (between Skettis and Talador), just minding my own business fishing my usual 1000 eels, and suddenly I hear a "fshhhhhh" sound, like some kind of fire/gas. I look over, and WOAH BLACK BETTY!

Excuse the poor low graphics, I was fishing to waste time while watching a movie and didn't want it hogging any resources. Still, that giant purple portal was HUGE and loud. It makes a loud sound effect, so if you're camping, KEEP YOUR SOUND ON. The sound is unmistakeable. I've got myself a new purple fire chicken and a tripled heart rate. I shouldn't be getting excited over pixels, but hot diggety dog, I was happy. Thank you Samskeyti for the blog and coordinates, it really paid off!

Keep up the good camp, everyone! Keep an ear and an eye out, and you'll get it in no time!

I found it on Shadowsong-US, 12:13pm Realm Time.
Attachments
WOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAH.jpg
WOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAH.jpg (179.03 KiB) Viewed 3406 times
Rhapture
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Stormrage

Unread post by Rhapture »

I just found one of these portals. I was flying to Skettis and thought I saw a portal when I was flying over. I ran over to where I thought I saw it and sure enough it was sitting there with not a soul around it. I am still shocked I was able to get this mount as I am on a very busy server and usually don't ever have that kind of luck. It also gave me my 200 mount achieve :D

Many thanks to Sookie for the awesome signature and avatar

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

I just got this lovely lady from server hopping for 3 days! i remember reading that page you sent about being able to hop servs and recive it in the mail after!
i was in a MOP world boss grp - i was sitting at the frostfire ridge spot where that rylak sits, it poped in my face like bubblegum bubble :lol: i was spazzing out so much! and woohoo i finaly got her!

i got poundfist on the same week aswell, i feel very loved by blizzard XD :hug:
Kalhoun
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Ghostlands (H) & Kirin Tor (A)

Unread post by Kalhoun »

Congrats on both! :3