New "Ultra rare" mount (Purple Firebird) in 6.1

A companion forum for Warcraft Mounts. Or just talk about WoW mounts.
Forum rules
Be respectful of others or else. Read the details.
Meggers
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Sargeras US

New "Ultra rare" mount (Purple Firebird) in 6.1

Unread post by Meggers »

apparently the catch is that you need to actually "find it". What does that mean? Supposedly the 6.1 mount journal says it is found from an egg, does that mean we loot an egg a-la camel statues from cata? Or what? Curious!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SugtESal8W4

At the end of the video is where its mentioned

Here's what it looks like

http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=121815/void ... -dark-star

Gives me hope for the green-fel version. NGL I'd love a nice blue sapphire for both types of fire hawk too.
ImageImage
WerebearGuy
Pet Finder

Re: New "Ultra rare" mount (Purple Firebird) in 6.1

Unread post by WerebearGuy »

"I believe you misplaced this in the void. Be more careful next time, $n."

Probably a rare chance when the Postmaster mails you random trash that you didn't loot. At least that'd be what I'd make it drop from.
Curtarc
Realm: Les Sentinelles

Unread post by Curtarc »

There's a lot of speculation about this mount: some say that the Egg could drop from one of the Garrison raid bosses (very small chance) and then the Egg would lead to some scenario where you would receive the mount, others say it could very well be another Camel-like mount, with the Egg having a tiny chance to spawn in certain places around Draenor. Still, nobody has figured it out and it has remained a total mistery how we will get this mount.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Well it looks like the patch has made it to release without anyone finding the mount. Hopefully one of us here finds it first :)

I know a few of us have scoured Shadowmoon on the PTR to no avail.

Check your void storage. Maybe it'll float into there from the void ;)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Lampray
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Skullcrusher

Unread post by Lampray »

Oh the wowhead entry i saw someone post this.

"At randomized intervals, the elusive and highly sought after portal to the Edge of Reality will spawn in some of the higher level areas in Dreanor! Once the portal is opened it’ll only be around for a little while and is also only available to the very first person to enter it. Once it’s activated by that fortunate soul the portal will not open again until the next flux in time and space. This is truly a unique experience in that it’s a true test of patience, luck, and more luck!"

There is no screenshot to confirm its validity so take this with a grain of salt.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I wonder if it's just a world drop?

Maybe it can drop from any mob. Or any lootable treasure.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

LaRaven
Realm: Korgath-US

Unread post by LaRaven »

I have been searching all night for these "portals". Nothing yet.
Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Bleeding Hollow

Unread post by Krauth »

There was a screenshot on wowhead, but Draenor was spelled wrong, so it could be a hoax.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for the reports :)

It's a compelling idea but, yeah, it seems like a GM would be SERIOUSLY overstepping their authority to provide that much information.

As people have pointed out the spelling mistake is glaring, but also (to me) the text itself reads more like someone with less developed English skills attempting to sound professional than someone who actually is.

None of which proves it's fake. We all make typos when we type quickly, and GMs aren't selected solely for their prose ;) But I'd be shocked if a GM was allowed to provide that much info. In a tweet recently, Jeremy Feasel wouldn't even confirm if it was in the game, let alone any clues on how to find it.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

For me, I believe nothing til I see a screencap of the mount itself. Basically "Pics or it didn't happen" approach. :P

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Krauth »

Friend just linked me this : http://puu.sh/gfChl/a8cb2aad03.jpg

She posted the pic where she found it :

https://twitter.com/svetlaena
Arwyn
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Arwyn »

Krauth wrote:Friend just linked me this : http://puu.sh/gfChl/a8cb2aad03.jpg

She posted the pic where she found it :

https://twitter.com/svetlaena
Thank You For The Info. Problem with logging in right now but when able to get on the area will probably be heavily camped. Poundfist part deux!
ummeiko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Illidan / Cho'gall / Blackhand

Unread post by ummeiko »

So, I found it in Nagrand...

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Eesh, I'm glad I have the flying version of the purple fire bird or I'd be tearing my hair out at the thought of trying to camp/hunt this! :lol:

Congrats to the lucky people who have found it! It's a gorgeous mount, I hope I'll stumble across a portal one day but I don't think I'll push myself much beyond some casual searching. I'm assuming there's only one portal up at a time, and it's on a very long spawn timer, and can spawn just about anywhere in any one of the zones. Far too much RNG for me!

It's certainly a unique experience though, I think the whole idea is very cool if not agonizingly frustrating for anyone that is pining for the mount.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Wow, well done ummeiko :)

I wonder if the mail that was datamined is for people who enter the portal but somehow miss the egg. Maybe it's a failsafe :)
Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Krauth »

ummeiko wrote:So, I found it in Nagrand...

How did the portal look ? Was it static ? What area of nagrand ? Were you doing that specific daily ?
Curtarc
Realm: Les Sentinelles

Unread post by Curtarc »

Krauth wrote:

How did the portal look ? Was it static ? What area of nagrand ? Were you doing that specific daily ?
Here is the portal:

And this video shows some more details:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yt55KmWORE#t=144

It seems to me that this mount is insanely harder to get than Aeonaxx and TLPD. Not only do the portals have spawn points in different areas all around Draenor, but they can also spawn in different places inside those level 100 areas. So it pretty much is an anti-camping, anti-farming, anti-cooperation mount that requires you to be extremely lucky to get: be in the right moment at the right time. If you camp one place, chances are you will be sitting on that same spot for months on end until the portal spawns in that exact location. Oh, and let's not forget that the portals disappear after a few minutes too amd seems to be on a long timer since only today did people start linking kill reports and maintenance was already tuesday/wednesday.
Krauth
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Krauth »

Curtarc wrote:
Krauth wrote:

It seems to me that this mount is insanely harder to get than Aeonaxx and TLPD. Not only do the portals have spawn points in different areas all around Draenor, but they can also spawn in different places inside those level 100 areas. So it pretty much is an anti-camping, anti-farming, anti-cooperation mount that requires you to be extremely lucky to get: be in the right moment at the right time. If you camp one place, chances are you will be sitting on that same spot for months on end until the portal spawns in that exact location. Oh, and let's not forget that the portals disappear after a few minutes too amd seems to be on a long timer since only today did people start linking kill reports and maintenance was already tuesday/wednesday.
Thanks for the links, i found some stuff earlier in wowhead, its like a diff version of the DKs portals, and yeah i basically don't even want to try and camp it, i'm just fishing and regularly running trough certain areas for the kicks, but i'll most likely never get this mount, it's too much trouble for a dif color.
ummeiko
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Illidan / Cho'gall / Blackhand

Unread post by ummeiko »

I posted my story on Wowhead but basically, it was pure random while farming Highmaul reliquaries. I could see the portal from very far away and I was mostly like "What's that smoke behind that tree?" followed by "OHSH-- mustclickmustclick!" I forgot to take a screencap of the portal but it was exactly like the other one posted here, only different location. It stands out in Nagrand, where it probably doesn't as much in frostfire.

The tree I found it by is already starting to get campers in some servers it seems. Good luck!

Edit to add: It appears you can't click the portal while in a group, it will despawn and give you an error. HOWEVER, there have been reports of people who did have that happen getting a mail from Khadgar with the mount in it. Same e-mail that Wain posted earlier about misplacing it in the void (similar to how the postmaster will sometimes mail you loot that you either missed or there was an error picking up).

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

so thats what it was.. i belive i missed the darn thing thinking it was some quest or something. basicly i just went off doing other things.. welp.. mistake learnt >.<